Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords (Done)  (Read 21279 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Risky Space Lords (Done)
« on: October 28, 2021, 05:45:32 am »

Players are powerful space lords who command entire planets and want to become the Emperor of Space.

Planets fall into several categories:
  • Farming planets: produce enough food to feed themselves and 2 additional planets. If a planet is not supplied with food for the turn, it (reverts to subsistence farming and) does nothing that turn. Food can be bought an sold as normal, but cannot be stockpiled.
  • Mining planets: produces 3 units of ore.
  • Manufacturing planets: turn up to 3 ore into an equal number of machines
  • Recruitment planets: produces 1 army per turn. Supports 3 armies. If you do not have sufficient support for your armies, they are destroyed without compensation at the end of the turn
  • Shipyard planets: may spend 3 ore to produce 1 fleet/turn.

Contracts: Players are free to trade anything to anyone (from food and ore to planets and prestige.) by entering into a contract.
A contract is an agreement signed (quoted and their name added) by multiple parties, and is binding (meaning you can not refuse to do it.) so be careful about what contracts you enter into.

Colonization: This is a 2 step process. The controller of a fleet may send it away on a mission of exploration. One fleet will find one potential colony per turn (that only the fleet controllers know the path to) Each colony is of a particular kind (see planets) and costs 10 machines to settle. Fleets have a small chance of being lost during exploration.

League Trade: For the anti-social and the desperate, there's also a backup market, that sells food, ore (for 100 Million Florins) and machines (for 150.) Or buys them (for 5, 10 and 15 Million respectively.) League charter prohibits them from engaging in warfare, so they will not buy or sell ships or armies.

Starting conditions: Each player starts with 2 planets of their choice, no prestige and 100 Million Imperial Florins (M₣). You may join at any time.

Missions: The gameplay consists of players trying to fulfil missions, which are like contracts but with the game. Missions are announced at the beggining of a new turn and may expire if not taken. Missions come in three flavors:
  • Imperial levies: Have fixed rewards, are first come first serve and usually give prestige and planets
    Example:
    Provide 4 armies and 2 fleets to obtain 5 prestige and 1 random planet
  • League Requests: Have variable rewards, go to the lowest bidder (on that turn) and usually give money
    Example:
    Provide 4 Food and 2 machines to obtain a sum of up to 250 M₣ or less.
  • Taxes: Have penalties instead of rewards, are mandatory for each player
    Example:
    Provide 10 M₣ per planet you own or lose 2 prestige

Debt and bankruptcy: if you are unable (or unwilling) to fulfil your contractual obligations (including, but not limited to taxes,) your demesne is terminated, and your property (except prestige) is sold off in an auction, which will be used to repay your debts. It is illegal to try and give away your property to other players when a bankruptcy is imminent and such actions will be reversed and the player banned from rejoining.   

Winning Conditions: Whoever has the most prestige at the death of the previous Emperor is crowned the new Emperor (or Empress.) This is a random time limit, that has a mean time to happen of 24 turns and will be preceded by the "Emperor grows old" and "Emperor is ill" events in that order.

Map of Known Space
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 10:24:12 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 01:26:18 pm »

I'm interested. Have a few questions though.

Does anything other than the missions and League Trade consume Machines/MF? Can we use Armies or Ships to take each other's planets? Can we convert a planet from one type to another?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 01:47:58 pm »

Does anything other than the missions and League Trade consume Machines/MF? Can we use Armies or Ships to take each other's planets? Can we convert a planet from one type to another?
There used to be a colonizing mechanic (explore with fleets and settle with machines) but I scrapped it. Same with the combat mechanic (you would just steal each other's planets). You can not convert planets.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 04:13:10 pm »

I'm in. I worry that it seems a little too bare-bones, though.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 08:55:33 am »

Should I bring back colonization?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 09:38:53 am »

Colonize Comrades!

Starting Planets
Farming Planet Zesta
Recruitment Planet(And capital) Zarnia

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 04:06:49 am »

Very well, colonization is back in.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 08:56:41 am »

Planets
Farming Planet Morgova II
Mining Planet Tau Ceti III b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 12:54:12 pm »

Planets:
Proxima Centauri b: Farming Planet
Proxima Centauri c: Shipyard Planet

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords Turn 1
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 02:13:17 pm »

TURNTURNTURN
I guess we can start, and see if anyone would be willing to join later.
We'll start with a simple mission first: as the new Emperor ascends the throne he invites all his subjects to an inaugural feast. It is up to one (or more) of you to cater it. 
Quote from: Imperial Inauguration Feast (Imperial Levy)
Provide 3 food in exchange for 6 prestige
(remember, ILs are first come first serve)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 02:20:03 pm »

TURNTURNTURN
I guess we can start, and see if anyone would be willing to join later.
We'll start with a simple mission first: as the new Emperor ascends the throne he invites all his subjects to an inaugural feast. It is up to one (or more) of you to cater it. 
-TricMagic
(remember, ILs are first come first serve)
Accepted.

(How much does each planet produce of a given resource?)

Farming Planet Zesta. +3 Food per turn.
Recruitment Planet(And capital) Zarnia. 0/3 Armies.

Food Stockpile" 0. (+1 per turn.)
Ore Stockpile: -
Machinery Production: -
Shipyard Costs: -
Armies: 0/3.
Fleets: 0/0

Imperial Florins (M₣): 1,000,000

Going to need to go without this year.

Also, how much to outright buy a fleet? And can I spend prestige on anything?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:27:28 pm by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 02:22:20 pm »

Planets fall into several categories:
  • Farming planets: produce enough food to feed themselves and 2 additional planets. If a planet is not supplied with food for the turn, it (reverts to subsistence farming and) does nothing that turn. Food can be bought an sold as normal, but cannot be stockpiled.
  • Mining planets: produces 3 units of ore.
  • Manufacturing planets: turn up to 3 ore into an equal number of machines
  • Recruitment planets: produces 1 army per turn. Supports 3 armies. If you do not have sufficient support for your armies, they are destroyed without compensation at the end of the turn
  • Shipyard planets: may spend 3 ore to produce 1 fleet/turn.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 02:25:49 pm »

Each Farming planet yields 2 Food, so no one can do this Levy alone. As there's three of us, each with a Farming Planet, I propose we each contribute 1.

Quote from: Inaugural Feast Supply Contract
We each agree to contribute 1 Food to the Levy, splitting the rewards as every as possible. Any remaining reward will be kept aside and divided by agreement of the signatories
- Lord-Governor Kashyyk
-
-

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 02:29:48 pm »

-TricMagic

Accepted.

(How much does each planet produce of a given resource?)

Farming Planet Zesta. +3 Food per turn.
Recruitment Planet(And capital) Zarnia. 0/3 Armies.

Food Stockpile: 0. (+2 per turn.)
Ore Stockpile: -
Machinery Production: -
Shipyard Costs: -
Armies: 0/3.
Fleets: 0/0

Imperial Florins (M₣): 1,000,000-(1 Food's worth of cost)

Bit late for that Kashykk, already accepted it.

Which means Buying 1 Food off the market. Eh. How much will that cost me?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 02:31:35 pm »

You'd think that, but TricMagic already accepted the contract. He's now on the hook for 3 food.  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34