Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Victorian Mod "bugfixing and tea" edition[0.40.xx]  (Read 10956 times)

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Victorian Mod "bugfixing and tea" edition[0.40.xx]
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 03:24:05 pm »

Cant wait to see this updated, are tripods going to be a civ or just a megabeast?

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 11:55:27 am »

Tripods are a megabeast.

Also, I'm really busy with work lately, so don't expect to see me working much on the mod for some time.

Luckily, the mod is open source, so any willing person can contribute to it (I'll be checking the github site periodically to accept any requests)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2021, 08:48:09 am »

With a wave of my hand, this comment reply section arises!

Hi, the github page was defunct and i was sincerely looking forward into viewing parts of this mod and perhaps upwards-converting it to 47.05 in my own time, does anybody have a stable version of 1.0 or earlier they could peer upload onto DFFD?

Besides this i have some vague suggestions based on reading the general flow of this thread.

- Using world generation parameters, necromancers can have armies of the undead or other kinds (lieutenants, experiments, conversion bite ghouls) since 47.05, this could lend itself to a 'mad scientist' necromancer building a tower society akin to "The Island of Doctor Mordeau" by simply removing all other types than experimental subjects.

- Some of the word structure could be improved by mixing it with more recent mods with syntax palletes, as to create less esoteric town-names while retaining the foriegn word structure.

- Lamp-post spears to be set as upright spear traps for aesthetic appeal, too big for any human hands, maybe dip into Mephs bag of aesthetic tile/tbwt tricks in the future to try and make the city feel lived in with fake light sources/flowers etc.

Overall i was quite excited to discover this mod, the clothing options, weaponry, language and setting seemed ideal to patchcloth into some of my other mod projects where needed and reative unfinishedness before the two sets of version updates toady put out left still a lot of free space to attempt to update.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2021, 09:37:54 am »

[may post the modified raws on dffd at some point]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 10:05:27 am by Flying Teasets »
Not here at the moment
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]