Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Axe, dagger, bow, breastplate... How to use?  (Read 1898 times)

xywa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Axe, dagger, bow, breastplate... How to use?
« on: November 04, 2021, 02:43:34 am »

Hi,
Just started as an outsider.

Got: Axe, dagger, bow, breastplate.

[1] After start, when I press [q] button, I got axe in my hand, [q] again it was strapped to the body. [q] again axe in my hand.
[2] Dropped everything, pick up dagger, so dagger in hand and or [q] strapped to the body.
[3] Pick up bow, dagger in one hand, bow in another or [q] strapped to the body.
[4] Pick up axe, dagger in one hand, bow in another or [q] strapped to the body.

Why cannot use the axe anymore in the game? ^^ If I got 2,3 weapons, how to prioritize the right one?

If I got a dagger and bow in two hands, can I use both weapons?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Axe, dagger, bow, breastplate... How to use?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 04:04:32 am »

You can use 'r' to remove them from your pack/back(upper body) specifically. You can also 'd' to drop the dagger and press 'q' again to pull out the next weapon.

If you have a dagger and bow in your right hand, for example, you can 'f' to fire at enemies and 'A' to attack enemies next to you. If you somehow end up with a dagger and a sword in your right hand, you'll be able to attack them with either when you press 'A' to attack. Same as if you had a dagger in your left and a sword in your right.  Walking into an enemy will cause you to semi-randomly attack with whatever you have, so you'll see both the dagger and sword pop up in the log, as well as kicks, punches, bites and shield bashes.

EDIT: mixed up shoot and fire - 'f' is the key for ranged attacks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 01:18:37 am by delphonso »

xywa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Axe, dagger, bow, breastplate... How to use?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 04:48:23 am »

Thx for such quick answer. Look like [r] remove, and then [q] will change the list - with those lastly added on the bottom. Looks like the [q] will wear those on the very top of the list.

SORTED  :)