Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Idle games (2)  (Read 16089 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Idle games (2)
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 08:51:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Too late haha. I just found out the hard way.  U wot m8? I need t9 ore for rubber saplings? xD

Yeah, I haven't been playing too actively so figured it was the "good" path to take for that playstyle. Wish I knew before that it was a super late game option. The things it needs to even start using it at tier 1 are ridiculous, and require a ton of microcrafting to make use of.

So, exactly like GregTech.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 09:49:35 am »

Clickpocalypse II on mobile is a good one. It gives you something to click on while you're playing/watching, and it even makes you feel like there's some decision making to be had on party make-up and levelling.

Long-term replay is "choose a different party make-up" and "did you choose some long-term rewards?", with returning character types coming back with +playthrough levels, so you've got more to watch at the beginning. Druids scale well, while Priests scale everything well. Choose three/four other characters too, but always have at least a druid or priest. It's just like DnD.....

Nice, because it's on a phone. And because you can cheat by rolling your phone's clock back, opening the program, closing it, rolling it forward again, and reopening the program for a spare three hours of progress. Hurray! You won an incremental within a hour/day or two. Nasty, because it's not quite a screen saver, but it could be. But it's fun to click on things. Makes me want to download the tileset and learn how to program too :)
-----

MinuteMonsters on mobile is another good one for a really low-end incremental. It just takes too much input from the player. Leafy is my hero. When someone thinks "self-healing tank paladin" in any game, they're also thinking of Leafy.

(There's actually some alright games in the dev's library, moitititi, slingfighter and minute dungeon for two, if you like really simplified but "still actual games" for time wasters)

I also want these tilesets :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:23:59 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2021, 09:51:42 am »

Legends of IdleOn.
I've continued to put in hours into this game. I must say, the balance the game has managed to achieve between active stuff to do, idle stuff to watch, and AFK stuff to let run overnight on all your characters is really well done.

Opened up my fifth character slot the other day and decided I was ready to take the plunge into the secret class (warrior, archer, mage, warrior being the other four). All I can say so far is peanuts. So. Many. Peanuts.

I'm trying to avoid spending tons of gold on raw materials, so I'm farming for the hotdogs that make up part of the peanut recipe (2 hotdogs, 1 copper ore, 1 beach tree wood... because why not?). What I find amusing is that the best source of hotdogs I've managed to find is... Amarok, boss of the first world. So I have my first character charging into glorious battle against him on repeat (since he can take the boss out in about a minute)... to take Amarok's hotdogs. I also get a bunch of other drops, as a bonus; but mostly for the hotdogs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2021, 01:09:32 pm »

Legends of Naked Guy perhaps?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2021, 04:47:10 pm »

I have just earned the black belt in PT2
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2021, 05:42:52 pm »

Unf, I'm stalled out pushing to Era 1000 for the next tier of whatever. Racking up the duodecillions of blue cubes to bring the era scaling down is proving to be a feat unto itself, but I reckon if I smash together another several dozen t5 producers, I might maybe eventually get there?

Also not sure that the mine ever scales up enough to produce a meaningful quantity of cubes- My producers make ten times in one second what ten layers of mine makes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2021, 07:51:42 pm »

I somewhat neglected the producers. I built 1000 t3 white ones, and a couple of hundred t2s of the rest.

My surprise was... pleasant... when I made a t5 white producer and realized I had been an idiot.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2021, 09:01:32 pm »

I don't know if Illyriad has been mentioned or not but I like that one though I haven't tried many other Idle games. I'm not sure if it meets the definition except that it's a browser game and build times become hours and days on buildings in your city and armies and spies can take days real time to arrive where they are sent to.

There is even a B12 alliance called Slaves to Armok. I'm currently only logging in to refresh the sitter status of the accounts but once I get a decent phone (which I postponed as I need a new phone less during a pandemic tbh) I'll use that to check it on work breaks and while watching ball games and whatnot.

You pick a species, the main difference is that their best military and consulate units are different. For example, orcs have better spear troops, dwarves infantry, humans cavalry, and elves archers and the troop types all prefer different terrains statistically. You start with a single city that you upgrade with basic resources. Eventually you can move that first city somewhere else for free so you can find a spot outside the newbie area. Established players are very generous with new players through sending caravans with resources, to the point that standard advice is to upgrade the storage buildings first so they can fill the resources for construction repeatedly (which costs them essentially nothing except caravan travel time as their basic resource income will be very high). Likely they might send the gold resource, which they will have a lot of as there is no storage limit. Gold would allow you to send caravans to a nearby player supplied market hub and purchase the resources to supplement the resource caravans established players enjoy sending to new players.

Considering the game is has heavy pvp elements such as being able to completely siege and remove all of a player's cities and force them to start over, it actually is quite pleasant as far as that goes. It was rare when I was playing actively to see aggression except between rival alliances, as being overly aggressive towards the less established was a signal to more powerful alliances and coalitions that you were fair game. Instead, there are frequent tournaments in which alliances compete to hold tournament squares, sending hundreds of thousands of troops to dislodge and then hold the square for as long as they can. StA has done well for the size of the alliance in some of those.

It's free but there are some things called Prestige Points that are purchaseable that allow instant building which once the build times are hours and days saves a lot of time. Every player receives 1 prestige point a day IIRC if they click on a button to claim it, but they can be purchased in bulk with real money to rapidly construct a city. I bought some many years ago and gave it to the alliance for people to pull from (I can't remember if I set a limit but I think it's a certain amount per period of time) but I haven't checked to see if there is any left or not.

As to multi accounting, you can have 2 accounts as a limit and neither can be geared towards supporting the other I think but I'm not sure or how that's interpreted. You can also be assigned a sitter to an account by someone else, which means you can take control of it for them for 90 days at which point it must be refreshed. This is to prevent your account from being stale, after which it is removed from the game after a short period IIRC. I lost one of my accounts because I goofed assigning sitters once, but on the other the sitters have been excellent and have kept it going. I'll remake the other one with prestige once I start Illy again.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2021, 07:00:55 am »

Woohoo, take that, wave 100B. Time to Era!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2021, 03:15:07 pm »

I think the best choice for the first big buff is the mine one. Not sure about the power plant one, but it's leagues better than the factory simply because it's way cheaper to get into and once it starts going, it fucking starts going.

The way it works is that it unlocks asteroid mining which is like regular mining tiles except way more expensive (first few asteroids are about a trillion cubes per tile) but the rewards are insane. It mainly buffs the processing ratios for shards, I'm about a day in and my basic mine shards give several million cubes each, and I get the shards in the billions per excavated tile at this point, and it keeps increasing.

That's not the end of it tho, you have a chance of finding factory stuff too. One of the first things I found was a t10 crusher which is a fairly massive upgrade over the low tier stuff I was running at the time. Then there's the random producers you can find of various tiers.

At this point I'm barely bothering with the tower game because the mine is completely eclipsed it in terms of resource production and it's opening up so much other stuff at the same time :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2021, 03:20:02 pm »

Yeah, take mine first. I'd recommend power plant second so that once it starts asking you to climb era numbers, you've actually got the tower resources to climb those numbers- I'm flat stuck with modules at level 34 or so and growth scaling is becoming really slow.

The mine on its own doesn't really even produce any sensible quantities of resources, but the freebies from asteroids, that's what makes the difference... Well, up until it doesn't and T5 producers don't make a dent.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2021, 09:20:01 pm »

Eventually you will need to go back to. Currently at M14 and basically stuck getting era and the next thing on all difficulties. This seems to be about the end of progression though, as it's not possible to get the number of modules required for M15.

The tower appears pretty limited in what builds "work" too - beyond a certain point, shields overtake health drastically in usefulness, and raw damage is overtaken by % damage and instakill stuff because the cost of raw damage gets outscaled by how many resources you can get quickly. This may just be due to the early access nature of it though.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2021, 11:42:38 pm »

I started playing kittens game again, a little, for some reason.  Fresh start too.

Idling to Rule the Gods is pretty cool, I think.  It is grand like Journey To The West (or Dragonball Z, ya swine).  It's probably Taoist "cultivation" but I am swine and also lazy.  Point is, it's about doing exercises in order to defeat the deities of various fundamental concepts, and it has a lot of story.
Though there was quite a bit of fun story even for a brief visitor, if you like intentionally over-the-top anime writing.

Also a core concept is "clones" which I recognize now as *especially* Journey-To-The-West.  Look, what I'm saying is, it's a monke sim.
https://www.kongregate.com/games/ryu82/idling-to-become-god
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2021, 06:13:53 pm »

Getting into Perfect Tower II was probably a mistake.

The tower appears pretty limited in what builds "work" too - beyond a certain point, shields overtake health drastically in usefulness, and raw damage is overtaken by % damage and instakill stuff because the cost of raw damage gets outscaled by how many resources you can get quickly. This may just be due to the early access nature of it though.
I'm still using health and health regen, but I'm currently trying to hit M8 and the only way I can figure to hit 100B waves is % everything and letting the game run on Easy Forest for several hours. Presumably there's a far more elegant solution out there, but I'm not sure what it would be. Level 18 anti-everything modules only got me to 2B waves, so even if I grind up T4 blue producers I'm not confident about raw damage chained through the multipliers I've got access to.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2021, 07:09:16 pm »

One of the researches should give you access to the Bulwark ultimate module, which multiplies your damage by up to 500x depending on how close you are to 50% HP, and another research result, Dark Sacrifice (I think) takes 30% of your current HP to add a damage multiplier to dark for a little while. Y'can slam Sacrifice twice and end up right about near 50%, long as you're willing to guard that HP with shields.

That being said, I find that offensive and defensive capabilities do not scale linearly, and you'll end up either mushing against nasty indestructible cubes that are mushing against your impenetrable tower for entirely too long, or you're playing nuclear catch with the bad dudes and you cease to exist if they can get close enough to do damage.

But, well, again- I stalled out at M8 or something since I can't make it to Era 1000. Making it to wave 100B really does just take a few hours of idling on Easy Forest with all the tech turned on, for better or worse. Have fun, maybe :U
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10