Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 29850 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3
« on: November 05, 2021, 10:42:39 pm »

Been a long time since I ran one of these, so let's dust it off and give it a go.

Totem Mafia is a somewhat focused BYOR style game.

Each player is an Elder of a Tribe, and each player has Animal Totem that grants them power. The Elders are in the Spirit Tent performing a ritual to help them guide the tribe. However, there is strife. A few of the Elders have conspired to remove the others from the spirit journey so that their ideas are the only ones being considered. The rest are trying to stop them.

When you sign up PM me the Animal you want as your totem. No two players can have the same animal, so sending in a few alternates is a good idea. Real animals only, please. And preferably ones that would reasonably be used as totems.

Game size will be 7 min, 16 max.

Players:
  • 4maskwolf - Town - Wolf Totem
  • TricMagic
  • Maximum Spin - Town - Pangolin Totem
  • Webadict
  • Knightwing64
  • EuchreJack
  • UselessMcMiner
  • Roden
  • Toonyman - Underhanded - Frog Totem
  • Vector

Replacement Queue

Previous Games:

Quote from: Wolf
The Wolf, a renowned hunter that all tribes respect. You, however, have managed to impress them enough that you have been able to speak with one as a Spirit Guide, and it has granted you magic as part of its teachings.
Main power - Track - Each Spirit Phase you may follow another Elder to see where they go.
Minor power - Keen Nose - You will know if anyone came near you during the Spirit Phase, though not who or how many.

Quote from: Pangolin
The Pangolin knows many things about the Spirit world, and you have learned much having it as a totem, including the secrets of several magics.
Main Power: Digger - You can dig up secrets in the spirit world, discovering if a particular player is an Underhanded Elder or not each Spirit Phase.
Minor Power: Defensive posture - If you choose not to take your action you are immune to attacks in the Spirit Realm that night.

Quote from: Toad
A lover of water, you spent many hours along the streams and ponds of your home. There you learned to communicate with the Frog Spirit, and have learned powerful magics from it.
Main Power: Tongue Lashing - Once during the game you may declare the vote you just cast to be a Hammer as long as whoever you are voting has a majority of the players voting for them (including you)
Minor Power: Croaking Chorus - Once per game your vote may count twice. This vote must be on someone who already has votes on them and cannot be used in the same Vote Phase that you use your Tongue Lashing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 08:53:30 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 10:43:05 pm »

Basic Rules:

The rules here are very similar to the Supernatural Mafia rules set, with some tweaks to represent the flavor of this game.

Roles: Obviously there is no set role list. I will try to grant powers at least somewhat related to the animal, but don't be surprised if I take a somewhat unusual approach. After all, these are Spirit Animals, not the actual creature.

All players are Town Aligned unless noted otherwise in their Role PM.

Quoting the Mod without permission results in a Modkill and a ban from the next game I run.

PMs are not allowed unless your Role specifically allows it.

Days will go for 72 hours (Ignoring weekends) or until everyone has voted (if there is a long period of inactivity after everyone votes I'll end the day to keep things moving).
    In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur.

Night will go for 24 hours, though that's somewhat flexible. If you do not have your action in within the 24 hours you run the risk of losing your action for the night, though. If you choose not to use your action, please send that instead of just waiting for me to get on with the night without you.

Extensions: There will be no extensions this game.

Shortening: Players can shorten the game if a majority of players vote to do so. This will end the day early, basically as soon as I notice that there are enough votes to shorten.

All votes should be colored red to make it easy for me to spot them.

In the event of a tie, a No-Lynch will occur.

Speaking While Dead: The 'dead' may post once after they have died to comment on their death. They may not provide any information about the game in this post. After this, any posting in the game before it has ended will result in a one game ban from future games. Repeated abuse, or posts that have a major impact on the game, can result in a permaban from any future games.

You don't actually die in this one, you're just kicked out of the spirit realm and ultimately removed from the moot so that the remaining elders can decide on who will be Chief.

Scum will have special chat area. Probably on Discord, since Quicktopic is going away. I will PM the appropriate link to you at the start of the game or when you die.

There will also be a 'Dead' chat for players who have been knocked out of the spirit realm. Chat away.

Event Order: The order of events is generally as follows:

Misdirection
    Role-blocking
    Protection
    Investigations
    Night Kills/Conversions

All kills will be effectively simultaneous. (I may make some literary liberties with this in the PMs, though)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:46:24 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Signups open! 0/7 Min players
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 08:27:28 am »

In

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Signups open! 2/7 Min players
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 10:41:37 am »

I'm up for it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 02:05:20 pm »

in

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 08:43:40 pm »

IN!

Hopefully this time I won’t be such an absolute noob.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Signups open! 6/7 Min players
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 02:50:42 pm »

/IN
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Signups open! 7/7 Min players
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 10:53:44 pm »

Cool, that gives us 7. I'd like more, and I'll be busy Monday anyway, so I'll probably close signups sometime on Tuesday and kick the game off Wednesday morning.
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2021, 11:07:48 pm »

We can wait a bit for NSVM3 to end their current round, and that'd give us a few more.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2021, 12:13:26 am »

Sure, I'm good waiting.
Come play Mafia with us!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2021, 02:13:14 am »

IN. Haven't played mafia in a while, but I just finished a bunch of assignments and am riding a wave of good vibes. I wanna see if I can enjoy myself here.

Also:
Since Quicktopic is going away...

Oh no. Dear God no! Why hasn't anyone made a fuss over this sooner!

Ok, just found the thread where everyone discussed the issue. I put the rest of my thoughts over there.

EDIT: After thinking about this issue for a while, I think I'm going to have to sit this one out. Archiving the quick topics is going to be a large work and time investment and it would be best if I avoided taking on other commitments.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:47:32 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2021, 10:23:19 am »

*bounces in chair waiting for game to start

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2021, 08:59:32 pm »

This still happening?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2021, 09:58:57 pm »

This still happening?

I think the mod is waiting till Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3: Round 4 is Mostly Over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48