Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 29931 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3
« Reply #690 on: December 04, 2021, 11:04:10 pm »

*sigh*

I was a mafia ally
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 04, 2021, 11:08:54 pm »

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spirit Walk 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spirit Walk 2 (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 04, 2021, 11:13:02 pm »

*sigh*

I was a mafia ally
Wow.

This should've been a Mafia win, that's a stacked team. Holy cow!

And it would've been, if it weren't for this meddling Spider! Muahaha! Town high fives!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 04, 2021, 11:17:10 pm »

Aw shit, I had no idea there was a mally. Sorry Vector. I was tempted to kill Vector on N1 too...

I really wanted Useless alive for D3 since we were just going to go for the win there. The plan was to:

1. Get anybody lynched D2
2. Kill Web N2
3. Have Useless vote Jack or somebody, I would then immediately hammer using my major ability
4. Kill somebody on N3
5. At this point there's 4 players left, and I still have my double vote available, so even if we killed Vector by accident on N3 we would have had vote control for game

However, the game was so PoE'd at this point between myself, Tric, and Useless that when it didn't look like Tric was going to be the elimination choice I had to do something. And to my amazement it almost worked. So yeah, I would say that was a close game still even if mafia lost. GGs to town, especially Roden and Web.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 04, 2021, 11:23:28 pm »

Yeah, with my vote nullification, I hard-countered that plan, so I figured I was super dead.

I even hard countered Vector's ability to hammer by instant voting UselessMcMiner and stealing his vote. There was no way to hammer!

Toony, I saw your role and realized how screwed we almost were. If anyone doesn't realize, we literally almost lost. ToonyMan was about to win, which is why his plan was so clever.

So, as a general rule, Euchre, PLEASE DO NOT SWAP YOUR VOTE TO ME AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN I WORKED SO HARD TO CLEAR SO MANY PEOPLE. Man, I need some explanations from you guys on that one, WHY?!?!?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 04, 2021, 11:30:00 pm »

If Useless hadn't been so suspicious already Vector might have been able to turn that around. They had access to Toony's powers, after all.

Pity you got so slammed with school stuff, Vector. I was really hoping for an epic web/in-the-shadows Vector duel.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 04, 2021, 11:32:26 pm »

Man my role predictions for everyone was spot on, I called that one for Vector too in the mafia chat!

Too bad I thought they were town or I might not have been so desperate and just bussed Useless.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 05, 2021, 12:37:28 am »

It's crazy how close this was. I think if McMiner hadn't made that fake claim, things could have turned out very differently. The only reason I even had a suspicion on him was because it looked like he was trying to reach out to his partner for a vouch, but Toony didn't commit and neither of them thought their interactions were suspicious at all. It pinged me hard, but even then they almost got away with it because everyone thought it was too outrageously scummy to actually come from scum, lol.

I'm also kinda proud of myself that I was able to successfully tone read Toony this time. I kept wanting to town read him but tonally he just read as scummy all of Day 2. I think I've learned a tell from this game too but I'll keep that pocketed for now.

GG everyone, and thanks Web for the carry.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 05, 2021, 12:53:00 am »

So, as a general rule, Euchre, PLEASE DO NOT SWAP YOUR VOTE TO ME AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN I WORKED SO HARD TO CLEAR SO MANY PEOPLE. Man, I need some explanations from you guys on that one, WHY?!?!?

Sorry Web. Things were going so well, I got suspicious.
From my point of view, one of Toonyman & Web was scum on D2.  I honestly didn't know which, so as long as one got lynched, I would know who was scum and could work from there.  Kinda outed Toonyman though...

Good play Roden!

Fitting end for Web to become the next Chief.  I think it is reasonable to believe we Loyal Chiefs would have decided that.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 05, 2021, 08:35:15 am »

GG

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 05, 2021, 08:43:55 am »

Meph, wanna make another mafia game?  :D

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 05, 2021, 09:02:32 am »

Probably need to take a break from mafia for a while..

Also Vector, you could have claimed D3. You really should have. Then I'd be awake to confirm it.  :P

Yeah though, there was no way Useless was surviving D3 after the end of D2. I'm not good at suspecting Toony over webadict.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 05, 2021, 10:53:16 am »

I must say, toony is very good at the social aspect of this game. Until very later in the game, I thought it was me and ToonyMan against the world lol.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 05, 2021, 12:34:28 pm »

Knightwing64, you showed some real growth in this game.
Good job helping Town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 05, 2021, 03:39:39 pm »

I must say, toony is very good at the social aspect of this game. Until very later in the game, I thought it was me and ToonyMan against the world lol.
I'm just a nice guy in general with a bunch of theories and evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48