Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 29955 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2021, 10:31:45 pm »

Your posts still aren't making me trust you jack..

Ah, technically I didn't ask for a role claim from Tric, I think he just decided to claim on his own since his supposed target was dead.

I said Day 1 I'd claim day 2. Not claiming would put my head on the platter.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 29, 2021, 11:21:48 pm »

Infinity: People not responding in 2 hours doesn't make them scum, so stfu.

Resolves the Knightwing64 question.

@Roden: Toonyman/UselessMcMiner can't be the mafia team.  UselessMcMiner claimed to send a message to Toonyman as part of his claim and Toonyman denied getting the message.  Without a redirecter/roleblocker, one of them is scum, probably not both.
How does that make it impossible for them both to be scum? I think it makes total sense for scum!McMiner to panic and reach out to scum!Toony for a vouch, but then get rejected because they'd auto lose if McMiner got caught. Additionally, neither of them suspect each other despite the weird situation, McMiner isn't even considering that Toony could be Ascetic. Instead of pursuing Toony at all, he shades me and Tric.

Also, I'm not saying Knightwing is scummy, but it is annoying they kept trying to get me to rush out my claim ASAP but didn't even stick around for it.

Ah, technically I didn't ask for a role claim from Tric, I think he just decided to claim on his own since his supposed target was dead.

I forgot about that tbh. Makes sense though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 30, 2021, 04:17:38 am »

There's a really easy solution to this: One of Euchre and Toony is scum. One with a scum Multivote, especially since I can negate votes. If I'm to believe McMiner--and I am because it's a stupid-ass claim--then that sort of points to ToonyMan as scum. Buuut EuchreJack could be a Roleblocker and blocked McMiner. It's dumb to think about.

TricMagic, however, is scum because Role Cops are scum, and I'm not sure why they would inspect Maximum Spin at all. Plus, Tric was a potential inspect target and claimed targeting Max. I'll get real info later.

If I had to guess (making this stupid paranoia land), ToonyMan might be Ascetic as long as he doesn't action. I can test that theory by stealing ToonyMan's vote Today. It's a dumb theory,  honestly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 30, 2021, 04:27:51 am »

So if we believe Roden, we should vote one of TricMagic, UselessMcMiner, or Vector.

@Web: Why is Vector not scum? You're our Vector expert.
Vector isn't scum because I said so. And reality is whatever I say it is.

Also, Vector isn't buddying me like scum Vector tends to do, but if you get Vector to talk more, there's more evidence to be had.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 30, 2021, 06:20:29 am »

So if we believe Roden, we should vote one of TricMagic, UselessMcMiner, or Vector.

Also, Vector isn't buddying me like scum Vector tends to do, but if you get Vector to talk more, there's more evidence to be had.
@Web: I called you the Vector expert for a reason.  While a few things from Vector this game have me concerned, I'll defer to your judgment on this matter.  You were right last game, after all.

Suspecting TricMagic seems like the easy way out, but maybe.

We don't have to believe Roden, but that sort of claim seems like one that I wouldn't have thought up.  The originality of it sounds more like something a GM would do rather than a player would claim.  Plus, we can test it next vote phase by making Roden claim first, if suspicious.

There's a really easy solution to this: One of Euchre and Toony is scum. One with a scum Multivote, especially since I can negate votes.

I had considered that Toonyman might be scum, as it is likely that in a game with two multivoters, one would be scum.  Since I'm town, that would make Toonyman the scum.  Or perhaps we're both multivoters and Web is scum, but I honestly have gotten more town vibes from Web.

@Web: When you stole Max's vote, what did you think of his claim at the time that you stole his vote?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 30, 2021, 06:28:22 am »

Tric's "claimed" post

I believe that is correct.

@Tric: I think the theory as to your being mafia is that you redirected McMiner's message onto Max while killing Max.
Oh yeah that's true. Mafia knew Max was probably telling the truth about being a cop, but didn't know whether Max would inspect Tric or Useless so if the team is Tric/Roden they have Tric redirect Useless onto Max and Roden performs the kill. This removes the cop while also setting up Useless to take the fall.

I don't think you can put Tric and Roden on the mafia team, as Roden sorta outed Tric.
I outed Tric? In what way?

Your list of 4 actives includes Tric, who claimed to learn stuff about Max that he could have learned from reading the front page.  Hence the "sorta", since Vector and UselessMcMiner are also on the list of actives.

@Tric, why you misquoting me?

Oh, that was Roden's post.
I believe that is correct.

@Tric: I think the theory as to your being mafia is that you redirected McMiner's message onto Max while killing Max.
Oh yeah that's true. Mafia knew Max was probably telling the truth about being a cop, but didn't know whether Max would inspect Tric or Useless so if the team is Tric/Roden they have Tric redirect Useless onto Max and Roden performs the kill. This removes the cop while also setting up Useless to take the fall.

I don't think you can put Tric and Roden on the mafia team, as Roden sorta outed Tric.
I outed Tric? In what way?

Your list of 4 actives includes Tric, who claimed to learn stuff about Max that he could have learned from reading the front page.  Hence the "sorta", since Vector and UselessMcMiner are also on the list of actives.

Not sure if I can forgive this as town!Tric or must condemn it as scum!Tric.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 30, 2021, 06:29:08 am »

Roden

Still waiting on that damn claim.
For someone who was so eager for me to claim, it's weird that you've gone silent once I did claim and provide info.

I was sleeping.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 30, 2021, 06:48:29 am »

The Counting Stones
EuchreJack: 1: Vector
Roden: 3: EuchreJack, Knightwing64, Toonyman
TricMagic: 2: UselessMcMiner, webadict
UselessMcMiner: 2: Roden, TricMagic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Wait, if Jack and Toony are double voters, how is today not over? That should've been a hammer. The vote count doesn't even acknowledge extra votes here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 30, 2021, 06:56:13 am »

@Roden: We both have restrictions.  I forget what is Toonyman's restriction, but I believe he shared it.
Mine is that I can only doublevote if I didn't vote the previous turn.  Since I voted in Phase 1, I only get one vote today.
....also, to clarify I don't think there are hammers.  We have to vote to Shorten in order to shorten the day, otherwise Mephansteras will just sort of arbitrarily end the day after everyone has voted (it's not well laid out exactly how long after, from what I can tell).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 30, 2021, 06:58:00 am »

Also, with eight people, its 5 for a majority.  Enough mechanics discussion!

@Roden: Who is scum?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 30, 2021, 08:08:00 am »

@Webadict:
If I had to guess (making this stupid paranoia land), ToonyMan might be Ascetic as long as he doesn't action. I can test that theory by stealing ToonyMan's vote Today. It's a dumb theory,  honestly.
Okay wrong, but that's my fault I guess.

TricMagic, however, is scum because Role Cops are scum, and I'm not sure why they would inspect Maximum Spin at all.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Not sure why the cop would inspect Max? This reasoning would be totally fine if it wasn't coming out of your mouth.

Here let me answer for him:
My decisions are beyond mortal comprehension.

@Jack:
@Roden: We both have restrictions.  I forget what is Toonyman's restriction, but I believe he shared it.
I haven't. I still have my powers online but they haven't been used yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 30, 2021, 08:22:45 am »

Tric also said something else about his power.

@Tric: Why did you target Max?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 30, 2021, 08:24:30 am »

@Roden:
You're wrong, and I think you're probably wrong for malicious reasons. I think your most likely partner is Tric or Useless. Web is technically possible but I really don't have the energy to post 100 times arguing with them, thankfully I don't think they're mafia this time! I would prefer your demise over anyone else currently, although I will try to determine you're mafia for sure today since we still have time and room for error.

Wait, if Jack and Toony are double voters, how is today not over? That should've been a hammer. The vote count doesn't even acknowledge extra votes here.
There doesn't appear to be normal hammers. I'll put the vote back.

And yeah, it seems Meph is just counting people's votes, not their actual value. Hence "counting stones".

Roden

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 30, 2021, 09:28:41 am »

I don't think it's Roden.

TricMagic, however, is scum because Role Cops are scum, and I'm not sure why they would inspect Maximum Spin at all.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Not sure why the cop would inspect Max? This reasoning would be totally fine if it wasn't coming out of your mouth.

Here let me answer for him:
My decisions are beyond mortal comprehension.
Sure, targeting Maximum Spin isn't a big deal, but Role Cops are a common scum role. The targeting Maximum Spin is just additional reason to believe they're scum, since their action can't be confirmed.[

quote author=EuchreJack link=topic=179207.msg8333043#msg8333043 date=1638271229]

@Web: I called you the Vector expert for a reason.  While a few things from Vector this game have me concerned, I'll defer to your judgment on this matter.  You were right last game, after all.

Suspecting TricMagic seems like the easy way out, but maybe.

We don't have to believe Roden, but that sort of claim seems like one that I wouldn't have thought up.  The originality of it sounds more like something a GM would do rather than a player would claim.  Plus, we can test it next vote phase by making Roden claim first, if suspicious.

There's a really easy solution to this: One of Euchre and Toony is scum. One with a scum Multivote, especially since I can negate votes.

I had considered that Toonyman might be scum, as it is likely that in a game with two multivoters, one would be scum.  Since I'm town, that would make Toonyman the scum.  Or perhaps we're both multivoters and Web is scum, but I honestly have gotten more town vibes from Web.

@Web: When you stole Max's vote, what did you think of his claim at the time that you stole his vote?
[/quote]
I thought Max was lying, honestly. If I thought he was telling the truth, I wouldn't have stolen his vote.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 30, 2021, 09:47:28 am »

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48