Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Deployment 4  (Read 2649 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Protagonist Phase 2
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2021, 10:05:40 pm »

When I wrote "directly related to her" I meant her and her alone. So yeah, that was what I had in mind, Stirk.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Protagonist Phase 2
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 12:08:53 am »

When I wrote "directly related to her" I meant her and her alone. So yeah, that was what I had in mind, Stirk.

I kinda figured it meant like "And then she hands an artifact to someone else as a CD". Anyway drum/dice roll!

D20 roll: 19! I guess "she isn't a destroyer of worlds" was a bit premature.

It is now the Supporting Character phase.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Supporting Character Phase 2
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 12:48:28 am »

A 19. Damn that's good. Though I wouldn't say it's premature if only because she's still sane. Anyway, I'm very damn pleased with that, and I'm sure in the near future so will the propagandists...Still, she's an Alverlon Royal Air Marine, and guess who's finally mobilized a few of their forces?

Averlon Royal Air Marines

The Averlon Royal Air Marines, or just Air Marines, are Averlon's main expeditionary force. As one can guess due to their name, the Air Marines are specially equipped compared to normal line infantry of other nations. Often delivered into battle via transport Airships, the Air Marines are a skilled fighting force which specializes in both the capture of enemy airships and being deployed from air to the ground to take over structures, outflank an enemy force, or simply create a landing zone. Equipped with modern Marty-Harris Rifles and grapplehooks and wearing fancy uniforms of red and white that distinguish them as Averlonian forces, as opposed to the Blue and white of the Starkebrisen, the orange and light grey of the Helderezee, or the Dark Grey and white of the Eisenkrone. Regardless, they are the first forces to arrive to the front due to them being the largest of the expeditionary forces that Averlon has, as the Averlon Grenadiers undergo more training and the Home Guard is, well, exactly what it says on the tin... Still, it is expected that the war will be a jolly good showing by the Air Marines, and ideally strengthen the alliance despite the initial setbacks.

Traits: Air Marines. Gain a minor bonus when fighting with friendly airships in the area, and a major bonus when enemy airships or equivalent are also present.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Supporting Character Phase 2
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 12:09:31 am »

A 19. Damn that's good. Though I wouldn't say it's premature if only because she's still sane. Anyway, I'm very damn pleased with that, and I'm sure in the near future so will the propagandists...Still, she's an Alverlon Royal Air Marine, and guess who's finally mobilized a few of their forces?

Averlon Royal Air Marines

The Averlon Royal Air Marines, or just Air Marines, are Averlon's main expeditionary force. As one can guess due to their name, the Air Marines are specially equipped compared to normal line infantry of other nations. Often delivered into battle via transport Airships, the Air Marines are a skilled fighting force which specializes in both the capture of enemy airships and being deployed from air to the ground to take over structures, outflank an enemy force, or simply create a landing zone. Equipped with modern Marty-Harris Rifles and grapplehooks and wearing fancy uniforms of red and white that distinguish them as Averlonian forces, as opposed to the Blue and white of the Starkebrisen, the orange and light grey of the Helderezee, or the Dark Grey and white of the Eisenkrone. Regardless, they are the first forces to arrive to the front due to them being the largest of the expeditionary forces that Averlon has, as the Averlon Grenadiers undergo more training and the Home Guard is, well, exactly what it says on the tin... Still, it is expected that the war will be a jolly good showing by the Air Marines, and ideally strengthen the alliance despite the initial setbacks.

Traits: Air Marines. Gain a minor bonus when fighting with friendly airships in the area, and a major bonus when enemy airships or equivalent are also present.

D10 result: 4!

It is now the Character Development phase!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Character Development Phase 2
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2021, 02:26:53 am »

Hmm. I'm divided between giving them a raw power up just to get them to snuff or another ability. But I think I'll go for the former. I do think I know the kind of theme I'll go for the four main nations and their abilities. Eisenkrone will focus on heavily armored soldiers, cavalry and later vehicles. Helderezee on lighter soldiers, scouts, and quality artillery. Alverlon will focus on elite commando soldiers and zeppelins. And lastly Starkbreezen on mobile and magic infantry. The volunteer forces we'll get later on will probably be sappers and engineers in the form of Draken, flying shocktroops in the form of Balaur and probably Virm will fill in the gaps. Still, that aside...

Integrated Arms and Lingual Training.
A key factor in winning a war is cooperation and communication with allied forces. Unfortunately for the Royal Air Marines and the brave men and women, human and wolrin, that make up it's ranks their current allied forces are other members of the Confederation. And that means that there might be issues if put under command of a larger, Eisenkrone, Helderezee, or Starkbreezen force. As such, communication officers are expected to learn the languages of these nations. It's somewhat easier given the fact that two of them share a language, and one is quite similar to the other two, but it's still a important task none the less. It also means that there can be a few jokes with translation that likely will be lost on almost everyone of their fellow soldiers. Though, obviously the main focus is to better coordinate and understand orders. After all, unlike those three nations, Averlon's homeland isn't on the front lines and is quite comfortable and safe on the flying islands it calls it's mainland. Alongside this, officers in the Royal Air Marines will be taught the basic formations and strategies of their allies and their general composition so as to be able to make better tactical decision making in the heat of battle.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Character Development Phase 2
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2021, 11:05:08 pm »

Hmm. I'm divided between giving them a raw power up just to get them to snuff or another ability. But I think I'll go for the former. I do think I know the kind of theme I'll go for the four main nations and their abilities. Eisenkrone will focus on heavily armored soldiers, cavalry and later vehicles. Helderezee on lighter soldiers, scouts, and quality artillery. Alverlon will focus on elite commando soldiers and zeppelins. And lastly Starkbreezen on mobile and magic infantry. The volunteer forces we'll get later on will probably be sappers and engineers in the form of Draken, flying shocktroops in the form of Balaur and probably Virm will fill in the gaps. Still, that aside...

Integrated Arms and Lingual Training.
A key factor in winning a war is cooperation and communication with allied forces. Unfortunately for the Royal Air Marines and the brave men and women, human and wolrin, that make up it's ranks their current allied forces are other members of the Confederation. And that means that there might be issues if put under command of a larger, Eisenkrone, Helderezee, or Starkbreezen force. As such, communication officers are expected to learn the languages of these nations. It's somewhat easier given the fact that two of them share a language, and one is quite similar to the other two, but it's still a important task none the less. It also means that there can be a few jokes with translation that likely will be lost on almost everyone of their fellow soldiers. Though, obviously the main focus is to better coordinate and understand orders. After all, unlike those three nations, Averlon's homeland isn't on the front lines and is quite comfortable and safe on the flying islands it calls it's mainland. Alongside this, officers in the Royal Air Marines will be taught the basic formations and strategies of their allies and their general composition so as to be able to make better tactical decision making in the heat of battle.

D5 Roll result: 4! Averlon Royal Air Marines's Power is now 8!

It is now deployment phase. Remember to specify where Amber's powers will take effect.

Just as an aside, do you want me to be descriptive in what artifact Melissa finds or leave it up to you entirely?

Spoiler: Current Roster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Step Status (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Deployment Phase 2
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2021, 02:42:50 am »

I'm fine with it being descriptive or not. Regardless said artifacts will either be utilized as part of her equipment when she has power put into her or be integrated to upgrade her existing kit, depending on what the artifact in question is. Anyway, I'm going to put some fluff into the actual strategy and tactics we have here...

Starkebrisen Front. (B4)

With the Starkebrisen Windreiter currently regaining it's strength after the harsh attack of those strange flying contraptions the enemy seems to have, the fears that the enemy could potentially break through the mountains of all places and take key industrial sectors of the Starkebrisen Republik are high. As such, the Averlon government in it's mobilization has sent the Royal Air Marines to save their allies on the Western Front in the hope that their skills boarding enemy ships will translate well to mountain climbing. However while there they would find quite a few things going their way, much to the surprise of the officers. The 2nd Royal Air Marine division (With the exception of the Special Support Group) would find its scouts reporting damage done to enemies caused by Verhal and Verstark Partisans who were stuck behind enemy lines, yet no partisans would ever be seen or able to be contacted with. Alongside this, they would occasionally stumble upon enemy soldiers who were ambushed, and find sources of information vital to their war effort still on them from time to time. The cause of this was unknown to them, but it was thanks to Amber's work, her direct work. As with the current state of affairs' she has decided that if one wants something done it is best to do it yourself. Carefully hitting the enemy hard behind their lines and causing major issues, single handedly destroying supply depo's, hunting scouts and lone squads, and otherwise causing general havoc for the enemy at night, she is confident she can make sure that her plans go by without interference from these upstarts. Will this direct involvement properly force the enemy back into their fortified mountain strongholds or will Amber prove to be more of a villain of the week rather than true threat?

(Averlon Royal Air Marines, Amber Hawkins. 1 Nationality)

Eisenkrone Front (B5)

While the fighting in Eisenkrone has gone slightly in favor of the enemy, the Averlon government is here to help. As the Royal Air Marines, specifically the Special Support Group has been sent. And with them is a Private Melissa Powell. Given the news of the oh so high and mighty shrine maidens, and the harsh memories Melissa has of those of a priestly or demonic sort, she is quite eager to be in a position to legally take out her frustrations and anger out on the same type of people who made her later life a living hell, and she knows on how just to surprise them. Especially when she got reports of the enemies movements, and a convenient blind spot in their forces lines... Meanwhile, the Helderzee Artillerie keeps on firing while the Eisenkrone Kürassiere keep on fighting hard. The former for their allies and to prevent their homeland from being flanked, and the other to protect their homeland and fight for their king! Will the Special Support Group and Melissa's surprise strike be enough to turn the tide in Eisenkrone's favor? Or will poor luck once more force them back? Will Melissa get some of the revenge she so desired or will the cowardly Miko's leave for another field of battle? Only time will tell.

(Melissa Powell+Stealth Expert Bonus, Eisenkrone Kürassiere, Helderzee Bronkhorst Artillerie. 3 Nationalities.)

Helderzee Front (B6)

With the so called Emperor of the north crashing against Andries forces, the General has worked tirelessly to get his forces properly dug in and ready to face any threats thrown their way. Knowing his homeland's terrain quite well, and in his element on defense, Andries is prepared to do whatever it takes to defend his country from the onslaught of the north. While the enemy has an advantage in the force that their leader provides, Andries is confident that even with enemy reinforcements he can hold or at least make them pay bloodily for each inch they take. And with his command staff on overtime meticulously planning for every angle of attack against his forces, and the defenses are built greater and greater, Andries merely has to wait for his enemy to come crashing against him before he can close the jaws on one of many traps set up for his rival. Will the famous General manage to live up to his reputation? Or will the weight of numbers from the northern forces be too much for even the most defensive lines?

(General Andries Van Culemborg+Chessmaster, Helderzee linie infanterie. Note defense expert takes effect. 1 Nationality.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Deployment Phase 2
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2021, 09:18:57 pm »

Line 1

Fortunately or not the enemy flying machines are in other airspace at the moment. Almost certainly fortunately is whatever was bypassing your stealth advantage seems to be gone entirely allowing your troops to move both through the cave systems and air without being immediately detected and assaulted. The enemy seems to have conscripted prospectors to this fight - and they made good use of their dynamite to control the battlefield inside the caves either digging their own tunnels or causing cave ins on planned routes. Worse still is their leader. An older man who looks suspiciously like Ted, he is capable of navigating the caves swiftly with his whip and is apparently a potent fighter in his own right.

"Apparently" because he gets little chance to fight. Somehow those Verhal and Verstark who get close to him begin transforming into normal crows or ravens, transforming back when he leaves for a new cave. This mostly leaves him fighting only when facing humans or the occasional lucky individual who turns into a human instead. While discombobulating those who undergo these transformations don't seem to have any long-term side effects so long as they manage to live through it.

Finally the cowboy/samurai where also deployed to this location. They seem to have a new trick - when they fire a special revolver bullet it calls down an laser strike apparently from space. Our air marines could avoid this by flying directly overhead or using the caves as cover but it did limit the defensive strategies they could utilize.

Amber's techniques where especially efficient thanks to the enemy's reliance on dynamite and apparent lack of safety standards or security. They rarely had guards and where easy to detonate with supplied matches, letting her take as much as she wanted for her own ambushes or to cause coincidental cave ins at important times. When she noticed that the enemy leader often explored caves on is own using his whip to bypass obstacles that would halt the minors and cowboys, she set up an ambush to take him out...

Only to start feeling much too human as he approached the target location. Checking her teeth she noticed they had begun to shrink. While Amber has never been one to overly rely on her powers, she hadn't expected to lose her ability to see in the dark. Without it she was unable to act in the pitch-black cave. Worse yet the prospectors had begun to follow his path after blowing up the obstacles in the way...eventually detonating part of the trap she set and trapping herself under rubble. As the enemy leader moved away her powers returned allowing her to slowly dig herself out.

Pushed back 1/2 step. Line is now between B4 and B1. Amber Incapacitated 1 turn.

Line 2

Melissa's promised enemies did in fact show their faces at this battlefield. As did her promised opportunity for a sneak attack. She found herself striking at the center of the group of Miko letting her rage control her. Soon she was in direct confrontation with the holy-sword wielding leader of the group, who seemed to be in some kind of berserk rage herself. They traded furious blow after blow as her supporters tried to support her only to face a blow from Melissa themselves. In the end she dropped her rifle and blocked the sword between her hands, shattering it in a quick motion. The enemy leader was ready and willing to continue with her fists when the Eisenkrone Kürassiere slammed into the disorganized line in a well-timed charge. The entire group of Miko, including its leader, was forced to retreat from the battlefield in short order. Melissa detects minor holy energy in the remains of the katana she shattered herself.

The air units that troubled the Confederation before have made this their battlefield, making it difficult for your artillerie to find safe position as they constantly harass it with high-altitude bombardments. This is soon rendered moot as all enemy infantry retreats from the battlefield allowing you to move forward without difficulty.

Push forward 1 step to A5, two enemy units Incapacitated 1 turn. Minor artifact discovered.

Line 3
Andries finds himself facing the Emperor directly once again. This time his enemy is atop a western dragon, riding it like a cowboy. Joining him is a group of smaller dragons following alongside the giant one. His defensive structures where able to provide significant protection from the dragon's fiery breath, but his traps and ambushes washed off the Great Dragon and its rider. The former simply absorbs the bullets either itself or by using the little dragons as shields, while the latter provides less literal supporting fire with its revolver.

In the end it wasn't lack of numbers but lack of firepower that prevented a victory. The dragon simply crashed through the Confederations defenses in a scene that resembles a dragon destroying a castle in a fairy tale. While their defenses prevented you from having many causalities and your gunfire took out many of the lesser dragons, at the end of the day it was able to push through your line forcing you to set up a new defensive front near the floating islands.

Pushed back 1/2 step to between B6 and B3

It is now Protagonist Phase 3.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 09:22:21 pm by Stirk »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Protagonist Phase 3
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2021, 09:17:20 am »

I'm very glad that there were plenty of Verhal and Verstark civilians who were close enough to the fight to have that happen to. After all, Only Wolrin and Humans make up the Sky Marines. Anyway, really bothersome that Amber got incapacitated for a turn. At least we gave as good as we got. Also I think someone's getting a new bayonet provided our other rolls go decently.

Hannah Plymmyswoode

Hannah Plymmyswoode was the spymaster for the Burghehyll family, a minor Averlon noble family. Though, technically she was merely a servant, this was simply just a cover to keep people from finding out much from the fake one which was appointed and whom hardly did anything. She was specifically tasked with protecting the family from any assassination attempts, rooting out spies, and managing the networks of spies in other families that weren't too friendly to the Burghehyll's. Typical Spymaster stuff. However, eventually she noticed something concerning. Shortly after her boss, Avery Burghehyll, married a woman from another family, specifically one named Aldreda, she found a concerning number of cases of vampirism in the various servants and people around the family, and fought hard to prevent it's spread and ways to cure it or at least protect the lord and lady from it. However, she soon was ordered to stop by her very lord and lady, after which she realized just what happened. She naturally wasn't too happy at first, but she was still loyal, which is likely why she wasn't just simply killed and kept her position for years. However, after some many years, utilizing magic, the Burghehyll's hid their manor away from the world so as to protect their estate before people realized what they had become, and due to an incident with a man named Allen Madigan. Oddly, despite not being a vampire, she hasn't aged a bit despite it being hundreds of years. However, the manor returned in a new and strange world, and naturally with the war, and a number of contacts from Amber, the family was quickly recruited, even if on the outer circle and not fully aware of the full plans. As such, given the nature of the tasks required, Hannah was chosen as the first and main person from the family and their servants to send, despite being human. And naturally given the task of ensuring the war is a victory for the nation that she was a part of, and their new little confederation...

Traits:
Spymaster: Hannah is an expert when it comes to all things involving espionage. Be it stealing blueprints and important strategic as if it was candy from a child, assassinations, or the good old sabotage. Naturally her equipment and skills means she can avoid getting attacked quite often.

Watch and Listen: Hannah can utilize her skills in stealth and spywork to set up webs of informants to watch and learn about enemies in an area and give that information back to HQ, or even do such herself. While this has the obvious bonus of giving us greater intel, it also means that she can use what she learns for another trick...

Break Them by Talking: After learning much about a target she can utilize that to get a chance to speak to them, one on one. Addressing them firmly before speaking seriously and calmly, attacking their character harshly and scolding them. Completely deconstructing their world view, their faults, and in essence give a solid reason why they are not the hero they think they are but a charlatan who only got their position due to being born in it, luck, underhanded tactics, or more and while in a way they can't argue with.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Protagonist Phase 3
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2021, 06:00:10 pm »

I'm very glad that there were plenty of Verhal and Verstark civilians who were close enough to the fight to have that happen to. After all, Only Wolrin and Humans make up the Sky Marines. Anyway, really bothersome that Amber got incapacitated for a turn. At least we gave as good as we got. Also I think someone's getting a new bayonet provided our other rolls go decently.

Hannah Plymmyswoode

Hannah Plymmyswoode was the spymaster for the Burghehyll family, a minor Averlon noble family. Though, technically she was merely a servant, this was simply just a cover to keep people from finding out much from the fake one which was appointed and whom hardly did anything. She was specifically tasked with protecting the family from any assassination attempts, rooting out spies, and managing the networks of spies in other families that weren't too friendly to the Burghehyll's. Typical Spymaster stuff. However, eventually she noticed something concerning. Shortly after her boss, Avery Burghehyll, married a woman from another family, specifically one named Aldreda, she found a concerning number of cases of vampirism in the various servants and people around the family, and fought hard to prevent it's spread and ways to cure it or at least protect the lord and lady from it. However, she soon was ordered to stop by her very lord and lady, after which she realized just what happened. She naturally wasn't too happy at first, but she was still loyal, which is likely why she wasn't just simply killed and kept her position for years. However, after some many years, utilizing magic, the Burghehyll's hid their manor away from the world so as to protect their estate before people realized what they had become, and due to an incident with a man named Allen Madigan. Oddly, despite not being a vampire, she hasn't aged a bit despite it being hundreds of years. However, the manor returned in a new and strange world, and naturally with the war, and a number of contacts from Amber, the family was quickly recruited, even if on the outer circle and not fully aware of the full plans. As such, given the nature of the tasks required, Hannah was chosen as the first and main person from the family and their servants to send, despite being human. And naturally given the task of ensuring the war is a victory for the nation that she was a part of, and their new little confederation...

Traits:
Spymaster: Hannah is an expert when it comes to all things involving espionage. Be it stealing blueprints and important strategic as if it was candy from a child, assassinations, or the good old sabotage. Naturally her equipment and skills means she can avoid getting attacked quite often.

Watch and Listen: Hannah can utilize her skills in stealth and spywork to set up webs of informants to watch and learn about enemies in an area and give that information back to HQ, or even do such herself. While this has the obvious bonus of giving us greater intel, it also means that she can use what she learns for another trick...

Break Them by Talking: After learning much about a target she can utilize that to get a chance to speak to them, one on one. Addressing them firmly before speaking seriously and calmly, attacking their character harshly and scolding them. Completely deconstructing their world view, their faults, and in essence give a solid reason why they are not the hero they think they are but a charlatan who only got their position due to being born in it, luck, underhanded tactics, or more and while in a way they can't argue with.

It is always sad when civilians get brought into the battlefield :(. Anyway the Wolrin also turn into wolves/humans with the odds leaning towards wolves.

D20 result: 15!

It is now the Supporting Character phase.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Supporting Character Phase 3
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2021, 11:26:20 am »

Seems she rolled decently... Now then.

Vanguard Class Airship

The Vanguard Class is a new airship class made by Averlon and is a modern airship made for war rather than just transport. Utilizing twin turrets with modest eight inch cannons and fourteen six inch secondaries with twenty four three inch tertiaries, the ship is capable of providing direct fire support in battle and is perfect for dealing with any large beast or rival mechanical marvel. Protected with a fair bit of steel in it's vital components and capable of flying due to the addition of suspendium, the strange material that allows the floating islands Averlon is on to fly. This suspendium is granted an electric charge to enhance it's effects thanks to the power of the same steam engines that runs it's turbines. This is in addition to aerosolised suspendium that is in a main 'tank' that is less effective for lift but far less mechanically intensive and costly, and the ship is built around central tanks of the stuff. Further, the airships contain a small bomb bay to drop explosive charges if above a target, and has a barracks compartment for Sky Marines. In essence, it is a battleship of the sky, and the first modern marvel that Averlon has, it's construction partially thanks to technology recently found in the ruins. So far, four ships of this class, the Vanguard, the Conqueror, the Monarch, and the Audacious. And the four ships will show the northerners what for. Let the prides of the Royal Air Fleet lead the way! For king and country!

Traits: Sky Battleship: The Vanguard Class is a powerful airship, and gains a moderate bonus to any flying beast or contraption it faces, and a minor one to any large ground based contraptions or beasts.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Supporting Character Phase 3
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2021, 03:53:45 pm »

Seems she rolled decently... Now then.

Vanguard Class Airship

The Vanguard Class is a new airship class made by Averlon and is a modern airship made for war rather than just transport. Utilizing twin turrets with modest eight inch cannons and fourteen six inch secondaries with twenty four three inch tertiaries, the ship is capable of providing direct fire support in battle and is perfect for dealing with any large beast or rival mechanical marvel. Protected with a fair bit of steel in it's vital components and capable of flying due to the addition of suspendium, the strange material that allows the floating islands Averlon is on to fly. This suspendium is granted an electric charge to enhance it's effects thanks to the power of the same steam engines that runs it's turbines. This is in addition to aerosolised suspendium that is in a main 'tank' that is less effective for lift but far less mechanically intensive and costly, and the ship is built around central tanks of the stuff. Further, the airships contain a small bomb bay to drop explosive charges if above a target, and has a barracks compartment for Sky Marines. In essence, it is a battleship of the sky, and the first modern marvel that Averlon has, it's construction partially thanks to technology recently found in the ruins. So far, four ships of this class, the Vanguard, the Conqueror, the Monarch, and the Audacious. And the four ships will show the northerners what for. Let the prides of the Royal Air Fleet lead the way! For king and country!

Traits: Sky Battleship: The Vanguard Class is a powerful airship, and gains a moderate bonus to any flying beast or contraption it faces, and a minor one to any large ground based contraptions or beasts.

D10 Roll: 4!

It is know the Character Development phase.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Character Development Phase 3
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2021, 06:12:56 pm »

Another 4. Twice in a row. Guess that's just how Averlon is like. I suppose it's fine to keep it like that for now. If only because of the bonus that Melissa has and the fun that having someone of equal or greater strength to the enemy leader is.

Holy Armor Piercing Rounds and Bayonet, plus actual recognition.

With the destruction of the Katana the damned priestess had, the tip of it was arguably the most intact thing. Given that she heard reports of it cutting multiple Katzarin in full Kürassiere armor in twain she was confident of it's ability to punch through armor, even if for some reason unknown to her it didn't cut through her own hand. Still, only the tip which was left could reasonably be used, and only as a slightly longer bayonet. However it also gave her rifle a bit greater use as a glaive if she needed to use it up close in personal. Or well, a naginata considering the nature of the blade. But she'd only realize that if she actually cared about melee weapons of their northern enemy which, spoiler, she doesn't. Still, the rest of the sword she still took, and had no clue what to utilize it for before she had the idea to try and turn the other broken pieces into armor piercing rounds that would be far better at dealing with armor or those dragons the enemy has if she ends up facing them. It mainly took some talking with the requisitions officer to get in contact with people who could actually turn the metal in question into bullets. Though she'd have to look into finding some sort of artifact that could copy them, as while she likely would have a fair few rounds for the special occasion, she would rather they not be limited until that priestess came back with more metal to smelt. If that priestess came back anyway. Still, on the bright side due to her service in battle she also received a promotion to lance corporal, and more importantly had her name mentioned in dispatches from her superior officers that even managed to reach the commander of the 2nd Royal Air Marine division, major general Percival McMillan...Honestly it was a bit shocking that things were going well for her. Though, in the back of her mind she had the feeling something bad was going to happen. After all, the last time something seemed to be going her way she ended up possessed...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Character Development Phase 3
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2021, 11:08:13 pm »

Another 4. Twice in a row. Guess that's just how Averlon is like. I suppose it's fine to keep it like that for now. If only because of the bonus that Melissa has and the fun that having someone of equal or greater strength to the enemy leader is.

Holy Armor Piercing Rounds and Bayonet, plus actual recognition.

With the destruction of the Katana the damned priestess had, the tip of it was arguably the most intact thing. Given that she heard reports of it cutting multiple Katzarin in full Kürassiere armor in twain she was confident of it's ability to punch through armor, even if for some reason unknown to her it didn't cut through her own hand. Still, only the tip which was left could reasonably be used, and only as a slightly longer bayonet. However it also gave her rifle a bit greater use as a glaive if she needed to use it up close in personal. Or well, a naginata considering the nature of the blade. But she'd only realize that if she actually cared about melee weapons of their northern enemy which, spoiler, she doesn't. Still, the rest of the sword she still took, and had no clue what to utilize it for before she had the idea to try and turn the other broken pieces into armor piercing rounds that would be far better at dealing with armor or those dragons the enemy has if she ends up facing them. It mainly took some talking with the requisitions officer to get in contact with people who could actually turn the metal in question into bullets. Though she'd have to look into finding some sort of artifact that could copy them, as while she likely would have a fair few rounds for the special occasion, she would rather they not be limited until that priestess came back with more metal to smelt. If that priestess came back anyway. Still, on the bright side due to her service in battle she also received a promotion to lance corporal, and more importantly had her name mentioned in dispatches from her superior officers that even managed to reach the commander of the 2nd Royal Air Marine division, major general Percival McMillan...Honestly it was a bit shocking that things were going well for her. Though, in the back of her mind she had the feeling something bad was going to happen. After all, the last time something seemed to be going her way she ended up possessed...

D5 Roll: 4

Melissa is now at 24P.

It is now the Deployment phase.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Deployment Phase 3
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2021, 12:25:28 am »

Well then. Melissa is quite powerful now. I pity whoever they might end up against. Also I just realized that's the 3rd 4 in a row. Let's hope it doesn't become 4 4's. Anyway...

Starkebrisen Front. (B4)

While the Averlon Royal Air Marines faced a few issues with the strange and oddly competent yet disorganized forces of miners and prospectors, greater assistance has been granted in the form of the pride of the Royal Air Fleet, as the Vanguard, the Conqueror, the Monarch, and the Audacious have flown into the fight, and with them have granted the Averlon Royal Air Marines a method of travel above the battlefield that will be all but impossible to be contested by the underground forces the north. Regardless, it will certainly keep the enemy confined to their caves given the mobility and potential for causing avalanches that the ships provided. However in the tunnels, someone else lurked. Just before Amber was sealed away temporarily, she had sent out for one who would be of great use in doing her job in area's of less intensity. And now it was her time to prove herself as just as competent at sabotage, spywork, and so forth as Amber. Not that she even knew Amber properly anyway. Perhaps she will find out more than she should? And maybe she and the Airships will prove enough to tip the scales in favor of the Starkebrisen Republik's current defenders, or perhaps merely slow the inevitable.

(Hannah, Averlon Royal Air Marines, Vanguard Class Airships, Note that Air marines get a bonus from the Airships)

Eisenkrone Front (A5)

While Eisenkrone had pushed into the northerner's territory, the other fronts were of clear greater importance, what with the Confederation pushed back in those area's. With Eisenkrone's sea bound brothers and sisters currently fighting to regain their homeland, their goal was mainly to offer support from the flank and to hold what land they regained. Chances were things were going to be a bit harsh for them, but they knew what needed to be done in order to ensure their empire endured. Regardless, even if they were pushed back slightly, with the greater forces from Averlon coming into the fray, and likely more soldiers raised from both their own and the Starkebrisen's forces, chances were they would turn the war in the way it should be going. With fighting on enemy land rather than on their own. At the very least they were determined, even if chances were their tenacious defense was likely to falter to some extent.

(Eisenkrone Kürassiere)

Helderzee Front (B6)

With the majority of Helderzee under enemy control it was of vital importance that the homeland of a good portion of Confederation forces remained a part of the homeland. Especially considering the terrible creatures that were potentially running amuck destroying fields and infrastructure. Needless to say, given it was their homeland that was being fought for, the Helderezee forces that had been raised were brought to bare against the forces of the north and their terrible beasts, and Averlon, desiring to rather not have their territory invaded, would redeploy the Special Support Group to aid Van Culemborg's forces. Naturally, this includes Lance Corporal Melissa Powell. She had slain demons and plenty of priests, but would she slay a dragon? Or would they face little in the way of resistance and find their march to secure Helderzee uninterrupted? Regardless of what happened, Andries Van Culemborg and his forces were fighting for home and country, and they likely would have equal numbers or maybe even a slight advantage. And with his tactical skill, Helderzee soldiers skills, and Melissa's will to win, chances were anything in their way was going to be in for a hard fight. Be sure not to miss the battle of man against beast sure to occur here!

(Melissa Powell, General Andries Van Culemborg, Helderzee linie infanterie, Helderzee Bronkhorst Artillerie)

I'd list nationalities as well but it doesn't matter given Amber's out for the count for now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3