Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Re: MAD Scientists the Return Turn 2: A Random Encounter  (Read 6699 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists the Return
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2021, 09:35:15 am »

Darrick is presently in North Dakota, chasing a Bigfoot sighting.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2021, 10:14:58 am »

Darrick is presently in North Dakota, chasing a Bigfoot sighting.

Oh look! It’s a baby squach!

(Darrick looks around) “WHERE!”

*stabs

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2021, 10:21:52 am »

Amon uses his connections among the seeder parts of the underworld to get a research lab set up around places where uranium and other various rare metals/resources are.

He also tries to get a lookout on any company that might seems to want magical (scientific) powers to dominate their competition. No ethics allowed though, they might frown on my human experimentation plans.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2021, 11:06:25 am »

Lets start with the basics: selective breeding has been used by countless farmers and animal tamers for millennia. Get some samples of wolf DNA and some samples of one of the more popular breeds of dog (perhaps retrievers?) and see if we can determine the key differences that influence their musculature and behavior!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2021, 11:46:09 am »

Name: Dr. Meanies.
Idea: The Genetic Manipulation and Alteration of Cats to make new Cats. First obtain cats then take a cat and rub it on a cat
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:05:00 pm by Fluffe9911 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2021, 11:56:46 am »

Dr. Haywire
Idea: Multiversal Travel, the idea of going to another world and experiencing t intrigues me. First However, we must prove the existence of other worlds. We shall do this with a box! What's in the box? Delicate Sensors to record the splitting of quantum particles, and a coin flipper.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2021, 04:34:10 pm »

Time to head out to some lonely dark-sky spot in the great plains and spend the nights watching the sky with a telescope.

Lets start with the basics: selective breeding has been used by countless farmers and animal tamers for millennia. Get some samples of wolf DNA and some samples of one of the more popular breeds of dog (perhaps retrievers?) and see if we can determine the key differences that influence their musculature and behavior!
What's this "DNA", friend? Do you mean thymus nucleic acid? Science hasn't figured out whether that does anything yet. It's just a weird substance found in the cell nucleus. Might just be there to buffer the pH of the cell.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2021, 04:53:41 pm »

Time to head out to some lonely dark-sky spot in the great plains and spend the nights watching the sky with a telescope.

What's this "DNA", friend? Do you mean thymus nucleic acid? Science hasn't figured out whether that does anything yet. It's just a weird substance found in the cell nucleus. Might just be there to buffer the pH of the cell.

Lol, that sig

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2021, 06:07:15 pm »

Glassie's in the english countryside.

Try to obtain funding for my computer experiments.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2021, 06:25:32 pm »

Get my hands on some peroxide

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2021, 07:00:06 pm »

Xander would be contacting zoos and see if he can have them help fund his idea, he also goes looking for a good place to set up a lab
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2021, 01:04:13 am »

Name: Lyn Marness
Idea: Noospherics. The noosphere (a term originating in the 1920s) is the sum total of all current human thought. However, the term was originally used in a purely abstract manner, similarly to Plato's Realm of Forms. The breakthrough which makes noospherics into a science is the invention of machines that are in and of themselves able to affect the noosphere.

Find a library and start researching psychology.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2021, 02:39:37 am »

Dr. Unpleasant starts out in the city of Moscow in the USSR.

Go to Kremlin and try to convince the people there that my ideas with robots will aid the future of the Soviet Union and that thy should fund my research.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2021, 11:09:47 am »

We're ahead of our scientific time, okay?! We got people potentially multiverse hopping, others doing robotics, and a third doing noospherics!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2021, 12:44:21 pm »

I was very tempted to do fluidics.  Pneumatic computers, ftw.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4