Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Re: MAD Scientists the Return Turn 2: A Random Encounter  (Read 6705 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists the Return
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2021, 07:00:10 pm »

I was very tempted to do fluidics.  Pneumatic computers, ftw.

Ha! While you guys need blood and rare materials to get your machines to work, I just need to sneeze in mine to make them work!

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists the Return Turn 1: It Begins
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2021, 09:19:20 pm »

Turn 1 It Begins:
Darrick is presently in North Dakota, chasing a Bigfoot sighting.
[8]Darrick finds a helpful local who apparently knows Bigfoot personally and goes to see him at least once a month. "Bigfoot. Oh he lives deep in the Turtle Mountains. About 20 miles NW of here. Let me take you to him."
They arrive at a large cabin in the woods and it looks like Bigfoot hasn't been here for at least a week. "Well shucks, he must be heading to Canada to visit his family there. He usually comes back after a month or so."

Amon uses his connections among the seeder parts of the underworld to get a research lab set up around places where uranium and other various rare metals/resources are.

He also tries to get a lookout on any company that might seems to want magical (scientific) powers to dominate their competition. No ethics allowed though, they might frown on my human experimentation plans.

[5]It cost him all he has, but Amon is able to get a room for a month in Gilpin county, Colorado at the Kirk mine as an assessor.
[7]He has heard of companies in Europe, mostly in Germany, that are interested. There are others, but none easier to find locally.

Lets start with the basics: selective breeding has been used by countless farmers and animal tamers for millennia. Get some samples of wolf DNA and some samples of one of the more popular breeds of dog (perhaps retrievers?) and see if we can determine the key differences that influence their musculature and behavior!
[5]You got a dead timber wolf and a Siberian Husky. It cost you $0.25 for the wolf and $2 for the dog. The dog is male.

Name: Dr. Meanies.
Idea: The Genetic Manipulation and Alteration of Cats to make new Cats. First obtain cats then take a cat and rub it on a cat
[9]The best way to get cats is to live with a cat lady. You rubbed the cats together most of the day. You have lost of mad cats and 1 hair ball. Did I mention the hairball is alive, because it is.

Dr. Haywire
Idea: Multiversal Travel, the idea of going to another world and experiencing t intrigues me. First However, we must prove the existence of other worlds. We shall do this with a box! What's in the box? Delicate Sensors to record the splitting of quantum particles, and a coin flipper.
[7]You spent all your money to make a quantum particle, coin flipping sensor box. It works(at least that is what you are telling yourself) because there are more particles in there then there where before. Wait never-mind 1 disappeared.

Time to head out to some lonely dark-sky spot in the great plains and spend the nights watching the sky with a telescope.
[1]In, what can only be described as a dust storm, you find yourself lost alone and missing a telescope. Which sucks because the telescope was a gift from your grandfather on you 8th birthday. You are very exhausted and find yourself not wanting to do anything for a bit.

Glassie's in the english countryside.

Try to obtain funding for my computer experiments.
[7]The University of Cambridge has granted you $100 and expects to see results by the next school year(5 months). Good luck.

Get my hands on some peroxide
[2]By get your hands on peroxide did you mean to touch it with your bare hands? Well in your excitement to get some you forgot to use protection and have a nasty burn, you also lost. Well there goes $5 down the drain.

Xander would be contacting zoos and see if he can have them help fund his idea, he also goes looking for a good place to set up a lab
[8]With $1000 from 20 different zoos and results expected by next year(8 months). Good luck.
[8]Luck really was on your side there is a nice place for sale for just $200. It will cost you $2/month for utilities. Not a bad price for science.

Name: Lyn Marness
Idea: Noospherics. The noosphere (a term originating in the 1920s) is the sum total of all current human thought. However, the term was originally used in a purely abstract manner, similarly to Plato's Realm of Forms. The breakthrough which makes noospherics into a science is the invention of machines that are in and of themselves able to affect the noosphere.

Find a library and start researching psychology.
[9]You go to the Boston community library and get a good start on learning basic psychology(40/50){gives +1 to psychology rolls}.

Dr. Unpleasant starts out in the city of Moscow in the USSR.

Go to Kremlin and try to convince the people there that my ideas with robots will aid the future of the Soviet Union and that thy should fund my research.
[1]You ignore the guards as you walk up to the Kremlin and get shot and get taken to the gulags.

AN: Thanks to Maximum Spin the next turn is a week long, enjoy. Also King Zultan you can still play from the gulags it is just going to be an up hill climb. With a 1 in both instances 1 if not both of you should have died(if you would like to start over your more then welcome to it just has to be with something else).

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xander/darkwarlock3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darrick Kobol/Glass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chris/Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Glassie/Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shreeve/Devastator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Meanies/Fluffe9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Haywire/TricMagic (click to show/hide)

REMEMBER THAT THIS NEXT TURN ENCOMPASSES A WEEKS TIME!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 11:23:54 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2021, 09:32:53 pm »

Well well, a week isn't nearly long enough. Take a little break to prepare for a couple months long project.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2021, 09:39:33 pm »

That- ah... well, thank you I suppose.
Darrick had frankly been baffled since encountering his current companion - he “knows Bigfoot personally”? But the cabin certainly seemed Bigfoot-scale, or at least, larger than would be comfortable for a human.
He hadn’t thought bigfoots - well, sasquatches, apparently - were sapient enough for this sort of arrangement. Not that he’d known much at all about the situation, apparently.

Well, he had the location mapped down, now, at least, even if he’d have to return in three weeks to get anything from it.
Well, ah, again, thank you for your time, sir. I’ll make certain to return here once Bigfoot’s available, but for now, I have other leads to be after.” Like that lake monster, over in Montana. Darrick’s notebook had “Flathead Lake” jotted down. He had time to pay a visit.

Darrick is going to Flathead Lake in Montana to try to locate and study their lake monster. Those probably don’t travel, right?
In the meantime, he'll also develop his hunting skills. It's cheaper than buying food, and should presumably also make it easier to find the more hidden critters.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 11:37:54 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2021, 10:00:36 pm »

Xander would get that cheap and good deal lab and start buying the equipment needed to get started on his idea
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2021, 10:11:08 pm »

Lay down and cry, hoping to be abducted by aliens. If this doesn't happen within a couple of hours, spend the rest of the week trying to find my telescope.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 06:46:44 pm by Maximum Spin »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2021, 11:06:36 pm »

(Change location to Northeast France.)

Get a job in the arms factories.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2021, 04:18:38 am »

Make friends with the gulag guards and find out what I would need to do to escape.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2021, 06:34:26 am »

Secretly collect minerals from the mine and build a mind control machine that uses brainwaves to alter the targets neural pathways.

I try to get funding.

(Points for explanation?)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists the Return
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2021, 09:50:46 am »

Name: [REDACTED]
Field of science:Interversal Manipulation.  Basically the science of manipulation of the energies of the chaos between universes.   

[REDACTED] wakes up from his nap in his underground and builds a machine that draws on energy from the Interversal Chaos and turns it into electricity.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2021, 10:57:49 am »

"Hmm yes it seems my experiments have already produced fruit! I shall call this new obviously a type of cat hairball officially specimen 001# unofficially though... a tribble! MUHAHAHAHAHA!"
Put the living hairball in a cage with some food and water then start collecting funds to build a machine to mutate cats.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 01:50:44 am by Fluffe9911 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2021, 07:14:37 pm »

Write a Thesis on Quantum Particles.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2021, 08:13:06 pm »

Lyn Marness continues to research psychology.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists the Return Turn 2: A Random Encounter
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2021, 12:23:59 am »

Turn 2: A Random Encounter
Well well, a week isn't nearly long enough. Take a little break to prepare for a couple months long project.
[3]Thanks to pressure from the University you didn't get much rest, in-fact you lost sleep. -1 to next roll

That- ah... well, thank you I suppose.
Darrick had frankly been baffled since encountering his current companion - he “knows Bigfoot personally”? But the cabin certainly seemed Bigfoot-scale, or at least, larger than would be comfortable for a human.
He hadn’t thought bigfoots - well, sasquatches, apparently - were sapient enough for this sort of arrangement. Not that he’d known much at all about the situation, apparently.

Well, he had the location mapped down, now, at least, even if he’d have to return in three weeks to get anything from it.
Well, ah, again, thank you for your time, sir. I’ll make certain to return here once Bigfoot’s available, but for now, I have other leads to be after.” Like that lake monster, over in Montana. Darrick’s notebook had “Flathead Lake” jotted down. He had time to pay a visit.

Darrick is going to Flathead Lake in Montana to try to locate and study their lake monster. Those probably don’t travel, right?
In the meantime, he'll also develop his hunting skills. It's cheaper than buying food, and should presumably also make it easier to find the more hidden critters.

[9]When Darrick gets to Flathead Lake he sees antlers coming up out of the water. A local fisherman gives him a boat ride out to the middle of the lake towards the antlers for $1. When he gets there he stays for hours and finally the antlers move up and up and up and he is greeted with the sight of a lochness monster type. Over the course of the next couple days he studies the monster and almost has it basically studied. Flathead Lake monster basic study(40/50){When complete you will know its basic anatomy}
[3]Darrick failed to even start hunting being so engrossed in the monster.

Xander would get that cheap and good deal lab and start buying the equipment needed to get started on his idea
[9]Over the next week Xander gets his lab furnished with all he will need for his idea for $400.

Lay down and cry, hoping to be abducted by aliens. If this doesn't happen within a couple of hours, spend the rest of the week trying to find my telescope.
[6]After a few hours you see possible alien ship(s), though none take you.
[7]It takes you most of the week, but you finally find your telescope miles from where you were. It's broken so you will need to get it fixed to use it.

(Change location to Northeast France.)

Get a job in the arms factories.

[9]France didn't have many arms factories, you get in on the ground floor of an artillery factory making $177/week.

Make friends with the gulag guards and find out what I would need to do to escape.
[7]While you make friends with a couple of the guards you have a long way to go to being able to escape.
Gulag Guard Friends(2){give 4 weekly progress to gulag escape}
Gulag Escape(14/50){when complete can attempt to escape with a 50/50 chance to succeed, further progress will make it easier}

Secretly collect minerals from the mine and build a mind control machine that uses brainwaves to alter the targets neural pathways.

I try to get funding.

(Points for explanation?)
[9]You end up collecting 1 unit each of uranium, silver, gold, and lead and start building a mind control machine.
[6]It doesn't go as well as you hoped, it's going to take awhile.
Mind Control Machine(basic)(5/50){will allow you to control 1/10 people when built}
[8]You get $200 from some seeded people, they give you 2 months to give them something to work with or they will come to collect(and not the nice way).

Name: [REDACTED]
Field of science:Interversal Manipulation.  Basically the science of manipulation of the energies of the chaos between universes.   

[REDACTED] wakes up from his nap in his underground and builds a machine that draws on energy from the Interversal Chaos and turns it into electricity.
[1]The universe smites [REDACTED] for trying to manipulate chaos energy.
Make a new character if you would like to, please stay away from chaos energy, for your own safety.

"Hmm yes it seems my experiments have already produced fruit! I shall call this new obviously a type of cat hairball officially specimen 001# unofficially though... a tribble! MUHAHAHAHAHA!"
Put the living hairball in a cage with some food and water then start collecting funds to build a machine to mutate cats.
[3]You try to get some funding, but get no takers. The 'tribble' seems to be doing fine.

Write a Thesis on Quantum Particles.
[6]You write a basic Thesis on Quantum Particles, you might be able to get it better with practice.

Lyn Marness continues to research psychology.
[3]You find stuff that seems to contradict itself and lose progress, not much but you scratch you head most of the week on it.

AN: TURNS ARE PERMANENTLY 1 WEEK LONG. ALSO SORRY FOR THE WEEK LONG DELAY, THOUGH TURNS WILL PROBABLY END UP BEING A WEEK APART.

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xander/darkwarlock3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darrick Kobol/Glass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chris/Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Glassie/Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shreeve/Devastator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Meanies/Fluffe9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Haywire/TricMagic (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists the Return Turn 2: A Random Encounter
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2021, 12:33:59 am »

Continue studying the Flathead Lake monster! Does it have a proper species name?
Additionally, look into at least getting some hunting tips. Maybe learn how to make a basic snare? That could be useful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4