Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 54875 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 03:40:45 pm »

"You know nobody's gonna try to come after me after that. What brings you to school for once, huh, Honda?"

"There was SUPPOSED to be a street race today. I was looking forward to it for two weeks. The police snatched the organizer yesterday though and I saw a lot of them hanging out on the streets we were going to take, so I figured it was either called off or would get me arrested so why not see if anything was popping at Hermelin."

"Of course, it ain't. I guess when you dangle someone by their ankle out of a second-story window people decide they don't want to fight you. Shame."

"Well....I WAS recruiting for the Helper's Club. But uh....I'm not getting any real luck picking up any members...."

"That sucks. Sounds like the kind of thing people would like - looks good on the resume and all that."

It wasn't for her, though. It wasn't that Mildred didn't like helping out people - she did, sometimes - but having her as a member would probably drive more straight-laced students away and she didn't come to school often enough to be worth causing that kind of trouble for Saya, and she knew it.

"I might could do some freelance for you though, if the kind of 'help' you need involves fixing vehicles or beating someone up."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2021, 04:03:21 pm »

”Ah, a bit of people watching, that I understand.” Mori nodded. Shoji was startled, but Mori didn’t worry. From what he’d seen and observed, that was just part of who she was. He couldn’t help but mentally compare her to something like a bunny rabbit. Attempts to change his behavior now would likely just startle her worse.

"I normally do it to try to observe expressions and body language, to make my acting seem more natural." His eyes widened as if he’d just had an idea.

”Oh, I actually developed a few impressions of people based on what I saw. Wanna see?”
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 11:57:02 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 05:08:47 pm »

For a few moments, Shoji froze, her eyes darting to the side as she tried to figure out how to respond. As much as she wanted to say 'no' and hightail it out of there, that would've been rather rude... Especially seeing as how Mori hadn't done anything aside from startling her. He hadn't tried to drill her for information yet, so that was a plus, but she was still wrapping her head around the fact that Mori was being friendly to her, as well as trying to figure out if it was an act or not.

"Um... Sure?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2021, 08:55:54 pm »

"That, or getting drop-kicked by a first year student. Well...figured you'd rather hang with us for once, Honda. Must get pretty boring winning races all the time, huh?"

Mildred can almost see the giant sweatdrop on Saya's head.
"Ehehe....well....maybe not the beating people up part....I think Aki-kun's had enough of that....."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 12:20:23 am »

"Right then, I'll do someone I know you know. Let's see if you can guess." Mori placed his hand over his face like a mask, and tilted his head upwards, pausing like that for a moment to take a deep breath, then he swiftly pulled his hand off his face and looked at Shoji. His body language had shifted.

"Some are born with talent, and some aren't. That's true. But that said... Those with talent never make it through talent alone. You have to overcome. Find boundaries, and break them. The only way to grow is by overcoming challenges."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2021, 02:25:46 am »

"That, or getting drop-kicked by a first year student. Well...figured you'd rather hang with us for once, Honda. Must get pretty boring winning races all the time, huh?"

"I don't always win; some new guy calling himself Takahana has been doing pretty good recently. I was actually hoping to trounce him - or her, I'm actually not sure which - in the race today. But I guess it is nice to talk to you when you ain't needing a ride somewhere, that's true. I can't say I care much for this place, though. The teachers are either all 'oh why don't you apply yourself, Honda' or 'why are you even here if you're not going to pay attention, Honda' and there aren't even any delinquents left who want to brawl."

"Well, I guess it's a nice change of pace from the garage, at least!"

"Much as I love working on cars, sometimes it's nice to not. And the roof is a good place to catch a nap."

"Ehehe....well....maybe not the beating people up part....I think Aki-kun's had enough of that....."

"Fair enough, but I don't have a problem putting a stop to any bullying going on around here. That offer goes to you, too; any friend of Kasuga's is a friend of mine. If any girls - or guys - ever want to give you a hard time, I'll show them what a hard time really is."

She elbowed the male student in the side lightly.

"I bet you haven't had enough fighting though. It'd be a waste if you were! Not many people can throw a roundhouse kick like you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2021, 08:15:16 pm »

Shoji was, admittedly, not sure what to expect when Mori brought up his impressions. She had certainly heard from other students that he had a knack for imitating other students, but she had never truly witnessed it herself; She just knew he was a really good actor, if the theater club was any indication. But, once Mori attempted his impression, Shoji ended up staring for a few seconds, perhaps a bit longer than she would've liked,

"That's... Eerily accurate. You're imitating Kasuga-san, right?"
OOC
IC

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2021, 08:48:14 pm »

”Exactly,” Mori smiled. He stretched like a cat and when he was done, his body language had returned to normal. ”And thank you for the compliment. That’s one of my favorites. I’ve seen him walking the halls enough to get his body language down and our voices are similarly pitched. I could probably do Akitsuki well enough too but doing her voice hurts my throat.”

Now then, the conversation had reached the point that he felt he could push towards his goal.

”How about you, Shizuko? Anything interesting from your people watching?”
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 10:51:50 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2021, 09:20:55 pm »

"Well, you, Akari and Akutagawa really cleaned everything up. Well, mainly you and Akutagawa, anyway. Anyway, Saya and I were about to go have some lunch."

Saya shook her head, before wrapping her arm around Akihiko's shoulders.
"Well....you know, I can help too. Aki-kun is my responsibility too, after all."
Then the poking. Akihiko rolls his eyes.
"Well, you know what they teach us there, right? You don't start a fight, you end one. I can't be picking fights all the time. Saya here might kill me if I get myself messed up. Can't let her worry."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2021, 11:27:05 pm »

Shiro disposed of the remainder of her food, having finished just enough of the ostentatiously expensive meal to flaunt her money.
"That should do, I suppose."
". . . such a waste of time." She'd heard through a few of her street friends that her parents were starting to get wise to her latest shenanigans. Akari Shiro, therefore, had to make proper appearances, showcasing ladylike behavior, even in something as small as taking her midday meal. The heiress shook her head slightly at the thought.
"I need to get some air." She headed up to the roof, a long stride carrying her through the halls quickly. Most people were wise enough not to comment on whether she should be going up there or not. Of course, when she arrived, it wasn't quite the solace she'd been seeking. Before she realized her misstep, she stepped out onto the roof; only when she moved toward a decent view did she pick up voices, and then saw the three girls they belonged to. She smoothed the flash of irritation from her expression (or so she thought) before addressing them.
"What are you three doing on the roof?" She belatedly realized that it wasn't exactly a polite way to question it, but she was tense, and didn't feel like forcing herself to care.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2021, 05:11:45 am »

"Well, you know what they teach us there, right? You don't start a fight, you end one. I can't be picking fights all the time. Saya here might kill me if I get myself messed up. Can't let her worry."

"Sounds to me like it is a date. I already ate so I'll go on and get out of your hair, Kasuga. You two have fun now."

Waving over her shoulder, Mildred walked away and looked around to see if there was anything else interesting going on during the lunch hour. Some harassment to stop maybe, if she was lucky.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2021, 11:39:24 pm »

"Wait, you can do girl voices too?" Shoji blurted out, pausing for a moment before belatedly realizing what she said, "I-I mean, I never knew that. I don't think it should surprise me though, seeing as you are... Er... The President of the Theater club" she explained quickly, following up by clearing her throat to move the conversation on. She was still nervous, but Mori was surprisingly nice, a fact that Shoji kept forgetting even after their interviews.

"Er, anyway... I shouldn't talk too much about rumors before they reach the paper, but it's been mostly the same old. Fuuka's identity, some talk about the "White Knight of Mishima", stuff like that. I... Haven't really paid much attention to rumors that don't involve the school. That's not really my field."
OOC
IC

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2021, 11:52:36 am »

"Ah, same old things everyone is always talking about. Though I got to say, if anyone figures out who Fuuka is, can they tell me? A few of our better singers are leaving soon and I'd rather like if she could help teach some of the freshman a bit." Mori chuckled a bit again. "As for doing female voices, well, the secret to being a good actor is versatility. The ability to change your presentation to fit whatever role you're asked to, from innocent sailor to revenge drunk murderer. From hormonal teenager, to bitter magician. If an actor can only do one role, even if they do that role stupendously well, they'll still find their opportunities lacking."

He tapped his forehead as if he was considering something. Of course, he'd already been planning this course of events since the start of the conversation, when he noticed that Shoji needed to write an article. The notes she was taking showed that much. She was looking for something that would be interesting enough to have in the newspaper, and he was happy to help.

"Hey, speaking of the paper, neither of us are doing anything, so why don't you come with me to the theater room and you can interview me while I finish my lunch? We haven't figured out what play we're doing yet, but we have it narrowed down to a few and perhaps you can put it out in the newspaper so we can judge what the student body would be most interested in seeing?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2021, 01:18:09 pm »

The appearance of the heiress on the rooftop startled the girls for a moment. As she asked her question, Yui stood up rapidly and started bowing repeatedly.

"I, I'm truly sorry, we'll leave immediately, please don't bother paying us any attention!"

However, Morimoto, always the spunky girl, grabbed Yui by the shoulder to make her stop bowing before looking straight at Shiro.

"No need to be so mean about it, Akari-san! It's not like your family owns this school! We just dislike the noises from the cafeteria, that's all."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 07:07:01 pm »

"Only reason I'm gonna be mean to you is because you're throwing a fit over me asking a question, Morimoto-san." She planted her hands on her hips, leaning forward. "What, is there a problem with me being up here?" Her tone was unmistakably confrontational.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 07:45:15 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 79