Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 54894 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2021, 09:11:27 pm »

-snip-
As Mildred walks away from Akihiko and Saya, she senses, for the briefest of moments, someone next to her, a light, cold touch on the back of her neck. If she were to look around, she would see nothing, of course, except for Saya and Akihiko talking one second, then rubbing the back of their necks the next, looking around confusedly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2021, 09:23:33 pm »

For a second Mildred almost raised her fists, but then stopped. Someone or something had touched the back of her neck without first going through the thick mane of her hair, and apparently she wasn't the only one. After another second she grabbed a pushbroom someone had carelessly left leaning against the wall.

"All right, whoever is playing pranks, come on out here. If I have to track you down you don't want to know what I'm going to do with this broomstick."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2021, 10:02:08 pm »

As if to punctuate Morimoto's previous point, down below, the door to Hermelin's main cafeteria swung open.  As it did, three girls stepped through, talking amongst themselves.  The precise details of the conversation didn't matter; in the short trip through the hall and downstairs, it had already meandered far from its origin, from music, to what one wanted to eat, to cows, to mythology, to anime that happened to involve minotaurs.  But it continued to wind along to an unknown destination, leaping a mile for every step the three took to get in line to get today's lunch.

Each turn seemed to come with a word from one of the girls, somewhat taller than the others, her hair colored a rich blue and with a calm, collected tone belied by the nature of her statements.  Each of which seemed to leave the second of the girls, slighter of build, with glasses perched atop her nose and hair colored a vibrant green, increasingly confused, until she found herself swept along, only occasionally able to offer a bewildered or exasperated question which only drove the conversation further.  Something which seemed terribly amusing to the third girl in the group, long and deeply-red hair flowing down her back with a grace matched only by her quick step, even if she was no less confused.  She was still more than happy to chime in and keep the conversation flowing, knowing the others well enough to realize she only had to wait for things to circle around again.

Save for the colors of their hair, the three of them might pass for any other ordinary high school girls at a glance.  But while they kept talking, a growing-if-scattered interest radiated outwards once the three acquired their food and made for the cafeteria proper.  Though most of the students there were content to ignore them and carry on their conversations as normal, more than a few eyes turned towards them, voices of their owners growing hushed as they did.  The air in the room grew tense with anticipation, just as the three started to sit down.

"Speaking of Wondrous Witch Harmony~!  I ended up listening to the music in that show again after the last time Yumi-sama brought it up, and I was thinking-"

"AH!  Aika-chan!  Good job on your last show!  You sounded great!"

"Yeah!  I didn't manage to catch it myself, but I saw Yama-sama's upload, and you looked as good as ever dancing on stage-"

"Are you kidding?  You should've gone in person!  If you did, you'd know Naoki-chan's way cuter if you see the show yourself-"

"That isn't what I meant!  And anyway-"

"And anyway, Kaede-sama was the best!  Didn't you hear her in Moonlight Tides?  That was-"

"-Just proof that they're all great!  All of you were great!"

As soon as they found themselves surrounded, the red-haired idol took point, beaming cheerfully and laughing along with the small crowd surrounding them.

"Thanks~!  We practiced really hard for that one.  And for what it's worth-"

"Don't worry if you couldn't catch it in person!  There's going to be a free concert in a few weeks, so you'll be able to judge if your friends are right or not yourself then.  Consider it my personal invitation!"

"Oh, really?  That's great!  I'll be sure to go."

"Hey, you three should come over and sit with us!  We've got plenty of room-"

"Hey, no way!  Don't try to hog them all for yourself.  They should come join us-"

"Definitely not!  But we've got a place near the window, if you want a good place to sit.  Arai-san brought some snacks, too, so we'd love to share-"

Flattered as she was, the red-haired girl struggled to manage the enthusiasm of the fans--smile as bright as ever, even as she started raising her hands in a silent plea for them to slow down just a little.  Beside her, the blue-haired girl cracked her knuckles, rolled her shoulders, and finished off her curry bun as quickly as she could.

"I'll hold them off, you two.  Run while you can."

"Aaaah!  Kaede-sama's so cool~!"

In response to this, the green-haired girl just gave a half-bemused sigh.  For her part, though, the red-haired girl was more than happy to take the temporary excuse to eat her lunch in peace.

"Sorry, everyone! I guess you're being held off, or something like that."

"We'll go finish up our lunch.  See you in class later, Ishida-san."

"See ya!  Congrats again on the show."

And with that, Aika took Naoki's arm, pulling her out from the small crowd, while Kaede valiantly made to hold them off (and probably also eat their snacks, if she could get away with it).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:36:49 pm by Lucus Casius »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2021, 10:42:33 am »

It was undeniable that Shoji was beginning to calm down slightly over the course of their talk, but as soon as the word ‘interview’ popped up, the ‘reporter’ froze, right before beginning to stammer out a response,

“U-Uhm, n-no thanks. I’d love to but, erm, I…” Shoji started, racking her brain for any conceivable excuse she could think of, stammering for a few seconds before she finally thought of something, “-I just remembered that one of my club mates wanted to, uh… Talk about a potential article with me, yeah! I’ll, erm, have to take your offer another time, sorry!” she stated, right before spinning on her heel and booking it down the hall. Was it rude to just up and leave like that? Probably. But Shoji wasn’t about to walk into what was obviously a trap.

… Besides, she wasn’t even that good with interviewing anyway. She didn’t know why her club mates kept making her do it. Shoji just hoped that this didn't tank her reputation in the school, the fact that she literally ran from one of the most popular students.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2021, 11:47:22 pm »

"Hmmm... guess I underestimated just how easily startled she was." Mori thought. But, not to worry, there would be another chance to befriend Shizuko. Who knows, perhaps she'll feel bad for running away from him when he'd been pleasant, he thought at least, and next time she'll be more willing to help because she'll be apologetic. He began to formulate a plan for a future conversation as he took out his phone and started walking to the Theatre Room.

"You still there?" he texted.

"Yes" came the reply, followed by "You're slow."

"I ran into Shizuko and wanted to befriend her so I could get info."

"Who?"

"Shizuko Shoji"

"?"

"Red haired news club girl. You met here when she interviewed me."
"*her"

"No idea."

"Nevermind. Heading over, see you in a bit."

It was a relatively quick walk to the Theatre Room. Mori walked in to see another person sitting down inside.

"Hey Veep." Mori said

Veep waved to him, but didn't say anything.

"So, what plays do we have the list down to?"

Veep handed Mori a piece of paper. Mori held his hand over his face, paused for a moment, then pulled it off.

"Romeo and Juliet, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Importance of Being Earnest, which you might be interested in, The Crucible, and And Then There Were None." Mori read off, before shaking his head out and returning to his normal voice.

"I understand the importance of being earnest, but you know, neither of them would have ever gotten a chance if they weren't a bit less than Earnest in the first place."

Veep just rolled his eyes and pulled out a pen.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:49:24 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2021, 09:42:03 am »

"Only reason I'm gonna be mean to you is because you're throwing a fit over me asking a question, Morimoto-san." She planted her hands on her hips, leaning forward. "What, is there a problem with me being up here?" Her tone was unmistakably confrontational.
"Nah, but so isn't with us being up here. Could have simply ignored us, that's usually not hard for you to do."

Yui stepped in front of Mino and looked between both her and Shiro, fidgeting for a short moment before opening her mouth.

"If, if there's no problem with all of us being here... Can't we just move on? Please? The-there's no need to make a scene out of it..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2021, 01:04:58 pm »

"Then tell your little friend here to back off, Aiuchi-san. I came up here for air, not to argue with you people."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2021, 01:15:47 pm »

"That's absolutely fine!"
"Hmpf. Don't start arguments then. Leave us alone and we'll leave you alone, simple as that."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2021, 01:22:06 pm »

"Follow your own advice, brat. All I did was ask a question." Shiro took a deep breath, trying to reassemble the facade. She wasn't doing a very good job of maintaining it lately. "You should be more careful about who you're rude to, Morimoto-san. It'll get you further in life."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2021, 01:50:19 pm »

"Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be rude so someone influencal... like the Mishima family~"
"No scene, no scene, we agreed on that! We, we, we have to go!"

Yui grabbed Mino and forcefully pushed her to the rooftop entrance, going down the stairs with her. Chino Hisa silently and respectfully bowed towards Shiro before making her own exit.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2021, 01:54:44 pm »

"You little-" Her arms twitched, and for a moment, it looked as if she were going to handle things like she did on the street. She resisted, however, and let the trio escape unharmed. "At least I can finally get some damn peace and quiet."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2021, 08:03:10 pm »

Akihiko rubs the back of his neck, shuddering.
"You catch who that was, Honda? That's brisk..."

Mildred looks through the corridors. Nothing aside from students milling about, nothing out of the ordinary. Except....out of the corner of her eye, a blur of black dipping into a side corridor.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2021, 09:46:20 am »

"I saw something, so I'm gonna go check it out. You guys go ahead and eat; if it's someone trying to cause trouble, you know I can handle it."

Broom in hand, Mildred jogged off in the direction she saw the blur.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2021, 09:24:31 pm »

"You know this isn't the first time we've seen people run away from you, right?"
A voice sounds behind Shiro.

Behind her is Rise Koga, student council president, arms folded and a disapproving, but not surprised, look. Following not far behind is Touma Nanjo, student council vice president.
"Something wrong, Akari?"
"..."

As Shizuko sprints down the hall, she collides, very suddenly, into the back of someone, knocking them over with a loud yelp.
"Ah!"

As the distinctly boyish yelp sounds, Shizuko, who manages to remain on her feet, sees who she's knocked over. It's Riku Tadano, student council secretary, and he seems to have been carrying a bundle of papers that are now currently scattered on the floor.
"Aw man....I need to get these to the classroom quick....Rise's gonna kill me if I don't..."

"I'll follow you."
"I'm coming too!"

As Mildred, Akihiko and Saya run through the corridors to follow, the blur has....disappeared. The crowd of students doesn't seem to be have parted recently, either.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2021, 10:35:05 pm »

"Do you have anything productive to ask me, Rise-san?" She bit off the honorific like it was an expletive. "Or did you come up here just to stop me from getting a little peace?"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 08:17:36 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 79