Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 57932 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2021, 11:28:49 am »

"I. . . I don't know. Forget I said anything."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2021, 12:17:46 pm »

"Well, whoever it is better knock it off. Now....you wanna come eat with us? Or did you have something better to do?"

"Sure. If I'm not intruding on anything, I can hang."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2021, 02:39:08 pm »

Rise nods, waving her hand.
"Forgotten, Akari. Now, shall we eat? You must be hungry. Also, if you don't mind, Riku's coming up here to join us soon."
Touma lowers his hands and keeps his eyes fixed squarely on Shiro, awkwardly.

Riku recieves the pile, sighing relievedly.
"Thanks so much! Man....Demura would kill me if I lost all the budgets he worked so hard on....and Rise would be disappointed if I lost all the other stuff. You're a lifesaver, Shizuko."
He takes the pile, arranging it further, rifling through it. He seems noticeably relieved when he catches the envelope, unopened and untouched, but doesn't mention it to Shoji. He nods back at her, smiling brightly.
"Well, if you ever need anything from the Student Council, just drop me a line! You really did me a solid."

As Riku moves to leave, a sharp, cold pain runs down the back of Shoji's neck.

While Veep and Mori discuss things in the Theatre Room, they receive a brief knock on the door, before the student lets themselves in.

A black-haired bespectacled youth walks in, a frown on his face. Mori recognises him immediately. The young man was Miyazono Otoya, the proverbial Red Baron of Japan's youth music scene, undefeated in numerous youth cellist competitions, until he retired for a few years before high school. Rumours spread, some saying it was his mother's sudden death in a car accident, other more fanciful theories stating he'd been blackmailed by his rivals into quitting, while others still stating he'd simply grown tired of music.

Of course, if the rumours were to be believed, another phenom in the music scene, Sakurajima Kanna, a fellow student of his and renown for her own skill on the piano, had roped him back into music. Certainly, they'd won more than their fair share of competitions since they'd met up at the beginning of their first year. The rumour pool even went around that they were dating. Of course, with Sakurajima showing up at school less and less lately, and Miyazono looking more withdrawn, the rumour mill went on.

For now, of course, Otoya was here. He nodded at both of the students in the room.
"Hey. Have you guys seen Sakurajima somewhere? Tadano said she went into the Theatre Room about ten minutes ago looking for something but-"

A loud crash ensues from the room next door, closer to Mori and Veep than Otoya.

Meanwhile, in the classroom Masaru is studying, someone knocks on the open door frame to get people's attention. A familiar face pops in.

"Is Demura in? I just completed the budget requests for the Computer Club."

The young woman was Futaba Tomoe, President of the Computer Club and one of the three rumoured Yagami Fuukas. Masaru would be, of course, familiar with her; all club presidents were required to submit their budgets at some point so the Council could allocate them, and she had always been punctual with hers. She was nice enough, if distant. Nobody of real concern.

"The more the merrier, right! Come on, Honda, we can catch up! Us girls need to take care of Aki-kun, after all."

Suddenly, Akihiko's phone begins to ring. He fishes it out of his pocket, frowning.
"Damn. I gotta take this. Sorry. I'll be back in about five minutes. You two go get started without me, okay?"
He moves the phone up to his ear, heading somewhere quieter. Saya waits until Akihiko is out of earshot, before turning to Mildred.

"Honda, do you mind if I ask you something? Just between us two."

As Aika and Naoki flee, they suddenly find themselves in the path of an elegant-seeming young woman. She manages to stop herself from colliding into them.
"...I'm sorry."

She would be known by reputation, of course, if not personally. Fujimura Ayaka, one of the alleged three Yagami Fuukas, manager of the Tennis Club. If she was a musician, of course, she didn't let on, but then, not much was really known about the circumstances of Yagami's retirement.

Regardless, there she stands, giving Aika and Naoki a look, her expression unreadable. She looks back at the crowd being valiantly held back by Kaede.

As Yui's gaggle of friends make to flee, they eventually run into a large, athletic student. They definitely know who he is.

Sasanuma Eisuke, captain of the football team. He was involved in an incident with another student last year, which by virtue of the rumour mill was known to be Kasuga Akihiko. Calls to boot him off the football team were made, but never ultimately followed up on. In any case, he had grown distant from his fellow footballers, and rumour had it he had severed ties with most of the other students involved in the incident, particularly one Kaneko Daiya, his former best friend and one of Akihiko's fiercest opponents.

He stares at them briefly.
"...."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 02:43:03 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2021, 02:51:52 pm »

"Oh, I'd be happy to answer you," Mori replied, "but first, I think I need to go stick my nose where it doesn't belong."

Mori stood up and closed his now finished bento while Veep picked up all their papers and put them neatly away. As Mori walked through the doorframe to go check out the commotion, he turned around.

"You're both free to join me, of course. I'll let you know as soon as I'm done regardless."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2021, 03:12:28 pm »

Shiro waved a hand dismissively.
"This is your get-together. It's not my place to decide who you bring." She still had a bit of lunch left over, something she retrieved from her bag after she sat down. Shiro side-eyed Touma, but wasn't going to comment if he wanted to stay silent.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2021, 03:20:52 pm »

Nodding back to Riku, Shoji pushed herself back to her feet, making sure to pick up her journal as she did so

"N-No problem. Erm, take care Tadano-sa-" Shoji began, giving the other student a slight wave as she turned to leave as well, preferably as fast as she arrived, before having to bite back a gasp as a sharp, cold chill ran down her neck, her hand quickly moving behind her head. Thankfully, the pain didn't seem to last long, and simply left Shoji standing confused for a few moments, rubbing the back of her neck, before glancing around the hall the two students were in. To Shoji, a sudden chill could only mean one thing in this type of situation:

It was a warning. Of what, Shoji didn't know, but it was a warning nonetheless. She just had to figure out if there was something nearby that might be a threat or if it was somewhere else.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2021, 03:41:55 pm »

"Sure, I guess, but I'm not much good with... girly things. What's up?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:42 pm »

Rise nods, before sitting down, opening her lunch. It was an absolutely pristine bento, arranged perfectly. She smiled, despite herself.
"Riku....you didn't really have to do this," she whispered. She closed her eyes, before looking back at Shiro.
"Oh, don't mind Touma. He's....not good with talking. Riku and I have to speak for him a lot. With your reputation - no offense meant - he's rather skittish. But I can assure you, he means no harm."
Touma quietly nods, eyes still on Shiro.

"Shoji? Are you okay?"

No seeming threats nearby for Shoji. No threats to be worried about, no bullies coming up behind her, nothing. The students around her seem to be minding their own business. The pain dulls quickly.

Mori looks in the other room. The other room doubled as storage for both theatre props and music-related items, such as sheet music stands, spare reeds for various instruments, spare instruments, and the like; a budget-saving measure, as the school wasn't that big.

In the other corner, he sees a female student hunched over on the floor, trembling. From how she is splayed out, it appears as if her legs gave out beneath her. A bunch of sheet music is scattered across the floor.

A few moments passes, as she breathes in and out, before slowly, she begins to collect the sheets together. After doing so, she grabs one of the stands, managing, slowly, to pull herself to her feet. Patting herself down, she turns around. Mori recognises her too; this girl was Sakurajima Kanna. She gives Mori a sunny smile, as if nothing happened.

"Oh. Hey, Mori! Nice to see you here. Um....do you need anything?"

Saya shakes her head.
"No, no, nothing like that."
She sighs.
"I just....well....it's been in my head for a while now. I....you managed to protect Aki-kun that day, right? How did you do that?"

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2021, 04:26:10 pm »

Masaru didn't notice Futaba's entrance at all; all he could notice in his studying trance was that someone mentioned his family's name, and it took him a moment to look around and notice a club president with budget papers.

"...You interrupted me, again. We have a secretary, you know."

"...Leave them on my desk today. From this point on, know that my time is important. Dismissed."

Part of him liked to entertain the idea that this blunder was due to this club president's faith in his commitment to his duties. But regardless, men like him had a way of doing things.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2021, 04:36:49 pm »

Mori's eyes narrowed. He understood that Sakurajima was not well. Similarly, he understood that she didn't want it to become known how unwell she truly was. A desire not to be treated as fragile, or simply and act to save face, he wasn't fully certain, but he understood enough. He moved forewords to where he was next to her, grabbed her arm to keep her stable, and gently placed two of the metal stands on the floor.

*"You need to be more careful, Sakurajima."* Mori hissed *"I understand you don't want people to worry about you, but you can't do everything by yourself, especially in here, where you could have easily gotten hurt if one of the instruments had fallen on you. How do you think Otoya would feel then? I won't tell him you collapsed, but if I see you in here alone again, I'm going to let him know. Do you understand?*

He didn't give her time to respond as he let go of her arm and started picking up the stands.

"Hey, Otoya, found you girlfriend in here! She knocked over some stands!"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 05:51:22 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2021, 04:39:15 pm »

As Yui's gaggle of friends make to flee, they eventually run into a large, athletic student. They definitely know who he is.

Sasanuma Eisuke, captain of the football team. He was involved in an incident with another student last year, which by virtue of the rumour mill was known to be Kasuga Akihiko. Calls to boot him off the football team were made, but never ultimately followed up on. In any case, he had grown distant from his fellow footballers, and rumour had it he had severed ties with most of the other students involved in the incident, particularly one Kaneko Daiya, his former best friend and one of Akihiko's fiercest opponents.

He stares at them briefly.
"...."
Upon setting her eyes on him, Mino blushed slightly. Hisa, on the other hand, remained her formal and polite self.

"Oh! Hello there, Sasanuma-san!"
"Greetings, Sasanuma-san."

Of course they would react like that. Yui didn't had them as friends during her first year and they aren't much wiser than others about what happened to her back then. The rumors were focused on the perpetrator and the assailant after all, never at the victim. Mino and Hisa did not know how the two of them are connected.
She intended to keep it that way...

"... Greetings, Sasanuma-san."

... even if her eyes betrayed her neutral tone, a mixture of avoidance and slight annoyance.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2021, 04:55:46 pm »

... Nothing in plain sight. Absolutely nothing that struck Shoji as 'out of the ordinary'. Which meant that her initial assumption about a threat was off by a huge margin. Not only that, but she was now odd one in the hall.

Crap.

"H-Huh? Oh, um, n-I mean, yes, just some... Erm... Cold?" Shoji stammered out, trying and quickly failing to come with a proper explanation that didn't sound like lunacy, "N-Nevermind, don't worry about it, I'm fine. I gotta get to the club room real quick so, erm, bye!" she quickly stated, right before running off once again, this time in the direction of the Newspaper club room. She didn't know how much more time was left with their scheduled lunch break, but she could really use some alone time right now.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2021, 05:00:46 pm »

As Misa leaves the cafeteria, she feels a sharp, cold pain in the back of her neck. If she were to look, of course, she'd not see or hear anyone pass her. At least, not close enough to do that.
"Ouch!" Misa flinches and turns around, a glare forming in her eyes to see who decided to poke her this time... but wait, she's at school, there's no family here and... no one's there anyway?

Puzzled, Misa glances around, one hand on the back of her neck lightly rubbing where she felt the pain.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2021, 05:03:37 pm »

"I just....well....it's been in my head for a while now. I....you managed to protect Aki-kun that day, right? How did you do that?"

"He did a pretty good job protecting himself, but I'd say I helped a fair bit. And as for how? With these!"

Mildred took off her jacket for a second, revealing a tanktop under it that didn't exactly fit too well, and flexed. She wasn't a bodybuilder or anything, but she had quite a bit of definition to her abs and arms. After showing off a bit, she put her jacket back on and buttoned it up as well as she could.

"Well, that and everything I could get my hands on. It's funny how even the most determined group of people will decide they'd rather be anywhere other than fighting you when you've already broken three chairs and a light tube across their friends' heads and left them scattered across the hallways."

"...You gotta be tough to hang out with 'the bad kids', you know? Goes double if you're a girl. I got this strong because I've had to fight for every bit of respect I've earned the last five years."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2021, 06:31:43 pm »

"Shizu...ko?"
That is all that Shoji hears as she runs. The pain has almsot gone, but she can't help but feel there's something still up.

Kanna simply stares at Mori as he helps her up. Before she responds, Mori calls Otoya in, and Otoya pokes his head in, eyes widening.

"Sakurajima! What are you....you said you wanted me to meet you in the music room to practice for next week! What gives?"
"You took too long! I got bored and went to find something down here!"
"Hey, Nanami-sensei had to talk to me about last week's test, okay?"

Kanna simply crossed her arms, pouting. Then, in a cheeky tone of voice....
"Hmph. You're still late. You owe me moon cake now."
"Again? You really like moon cake lately. Last month, it was caneles. Really taking a toll on my wallet...."
"A free spirit like me can't be held down to one kind of delicious pastry. Now come on, let's go! We gotta practice, right?"
"...Tadano sent me down here to find you in the first place to find....you know what, never mind. I'm just glad I found you."

Kanna ambles over to Otoya. Otoya nods at Mori.
"Sorry about that. I promise, we'll get out of your hair right now. Come on, Sakurajima."
He walks out of the room. Kanna hangs back, waiting for a few moments. Then....
"....thanks, by the way."

With that, she leaves the room.

A cold, sharp pain suddenly runs down Mori's back.

Futaba drops the budget on Masaru's desk. She looks as if she was about to say something in response to Masaru's rudeness, but if she was, she thought better of it.

"....understood."

As she walks away from Masaru, an unpleasant cold feeling, like frozen steel, shoots through Masaru's back.

Saya sighs, again.
"....I figured it was something like that."
She nods at Mildred.
"I just....it's been on my mind, that day. I should've been there with Aki-kun. He and I go way back and....I know you're tough, but....it should've been my job to protect him. It's not your fault, don't worry about it, I just feel like I should've.....you know, done something."

Sasanuma quietly nods to acknowledge Mino and Hisa, his eyes fixed on Yui.

His expression betrays.....is that awkwardness? Guilt? The captain extends an envelope to Yui.
"....here. Read it in private. It's not a love letter."
He quietly stalks off.

As Yui examines the envelope, a metallic, cold pain shoots through the back of her neck.

...huh....you seem like a dreaming type, don't you? Someone like your heroes, who can always get out of trouble.
A voice pierces through Misa's mind, drawing her attention. The voice, clearly female, has an echoing quality to it.
You won't...you won't turn into a monster. I believe in you.

A girl enters Misa's vision.
"Are you okay?"
She looks....familiar, despite not wearing a Hermelin uniform. Her voice sounds identical to the one she'd just heard, but it isn't echoing at all; it sounds normal, like any other student.
"Did something hit you in the back? Do I need to get a nurse?"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 06:39:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 79