Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 54887 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Fire Emblem on Forums: Demon Soul Saga
~~Game Theme~~
~~~~RULES~~~~
1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread. Violators will be put into detention.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! I don't care if you don't want to RP, but try to post your action within a reasonable time. If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or put in the away list. If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed.
Definitely not ripped off from Solymr's posts, nope.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 05:55:33 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 09:30:36 pm »

Prologue
It was late at night in Mishima.

His eyes were on his next target. A lone man, sprinting home under the cover of streetlights, a bag of convenience store food clutched tightly. 

The half-demon grinned behind his mask, clutching a small, shadowy pod in his hand, watching him from a nearby roof, crouching.
"What a bore. You couldn't possibly make an interesting monster. But....it's been too calm here lately."
He held the pod up to his eye. The pod coursed with demonic energy, shadowy tendrils gently reaching out. They ignored him; their power coursed through his veins already, but he had mastered it, dominated it. He knew what it would bring out.

The inner demon, the monster within all men. This seed would awaken it, feed it with the power of negative emotions and desires and when the demon had had its fill...

"....well, that promise...he owes me. Let's see what kind of monster you'll make."

He moved, faster than any human possibly could, leaping between roofs to catch his target. He was nowhere near where he needed him to be, but then, it didn't matter.

"Well...this should be-"

Suddenly, a white blur flashed out of the corner of his vision. The half-demon slid back, barely avoiding a swipe from a flaming blade. His head swung towards his new companion. Another grin behind his mask.
"Well. Well. The White Knight of Mishima."
A knight in red and white armor stood before him, one hand clutching a flaming blade made of white, gleaming steel, the other behind a plain white kite shield. The gem inset in the middle of his helmet was glimmering like fire, and his red cape billowed in the night wind. He pointed his blade at the half-demon.
"You're not getting away this time. I finally caught you."
"You like my handiwork? It seems you're always just a second late. Not this time, though."
"Those people....how dare you turn them into monsters?"
"Monsters? You and I have those monsters in us too, you know. Our power comes from the same place as theirs."
"Save me the 'we're no different' speech."
"Save me the hero act. We both know what you want."

The knight clenched his sword.
"You bastard."
"Tell her hello for me."

That did it.

The knight lunged at him, flaming sword flashing through the night. The hooded half-demon barely avoided the first strike, retaliating with a sweep of his hands, sending shards of dark ice hurtling out at his opponent. Deadly silent, the knight raised his shield and ran forward, smashing the icicles aside with his raised shield, hurtling into a running leap. The hooded half-demon once again barely dodged the second blow, shaking his head as he slid away, feeling the heat of his enemy's blade.

"So. You're as powerful as they say you are."

The knight didn't grace him with a response, electing to swipe at him with a burst of light. The hooded figure didn't have time to dodge, taking the blast head on and throwing him across the roof with a yelp, landing across the roof and cracking the tiles beneath him.
"Dammit...it doesn't seem like I'm ready to fight you right now. Fine."
Pulling himself to his feet, the hooded figure ran, sprinting across the roofs of Mishima. The knight sheathed his blade and ran after him, metal clinking on stone and ceramic. The hooded figure looked around, waiting for something, anything to take advantage of, but nothing was in sight, and the knight was gaining on him.

"It seems I'll need to....break that out."

Suddenly, he dipped below roof level, disappearing into the streets. The White Knight paused, stuttering to a stop, hand on his hilt. A few moments passed.

A purple blur jumped up onto the roof from where the hooded figure had disappeared. Another Kaijin stood before him now, clad in a purple kimono, her head concealed behind a horned helm. In her gloved hand, a simple, plain katana hung with a red blade, sparking with violet lightning.

"..."

The knight visibly hesitated. He'd heard about this Kaijin. She was strong, her strikes fast. He hadn't planned on fighting two of them tonight.

But if he was in the way of justice, then....

"Oh, dear. You always get so easily fooled."

[Now Playing: Theme of Scathach ~~Flash Control~~]

A flash of black steel and purple light soared past the white knight and slashed at the new Kaijin, purple light cutting through the hooded figure's illusions as he fell backwards, lashing out with a whip of black shadows. The shadows found no purchase; his opponent was too fast.
"How the hell did you...."
The black Kaijin settled next to the White Knight. She was clad in black armor, her face hidden behind a violet, crystalline visor, and the ends of her arms were as blades, splitting apart at the end into triangle blades to act as fingers. Her legs were also blades, ending in sharp points, and behind her, wings of purple energy faintly glimmered, propelling her off the ground.
"My, my. You should really be careful, Gawain. What would you do without me?"
"That illusion was convincing, Scathach."
"....so, you two are working together? My....I should've seen that coming. The White Knight and the Princess of Calamity."
"You'll make a woman blush. Partner, shall we?"

Without a response, Gawain stormed forwards, drawing his blade once more to strike at his opponent, while Scathach followed up, hands turning once more into blades.

The air briefly smelled of ozone.

Suddenly, a violet slash rent the air between Gawain, Scathach and the hooded figure, casting the approaching pair back with a burst of lightning and electricity. Another Kaijin appeared, clad in a purple kimono, her head concealed behind a horned helm. In her gloved hand, a simple, plain katana hung with a red blade, sparking with violet lightning. This was the real article.

"..."
"Durga. Thank God you got here, I-"
"Save it. He wanted me to save you, Andras."

Grabbing the hooded figure by his arm, Durga soared off into the sky. Scathach yelled wordlessly, a violet lash of energy appearing from the tip of one of her arm blades as she cast it upwards to catch the retreating pair, but the horned Kaijin replied with a slash of her sword, lightning striking where sword and whip met. The black Kaijin yelped, drawing her whip back and wringing her injured appendage.

"Til we meet again, Gawain."

The pair disappeared into the night. Gawain exhaled, sheathing his blade.
"I almost had him."
"Don't worry. We'll get him. I believe in you."
"One year of chasing ghosts and I finally had him....but...."
He stared into the distance.
"If he's allies with Durga....it's going to be hard."
"Don't sell yourself so short. You're just as strong. And you got me."
"....take this seriously."
"I am. Besides...I'm here for another reason. It's late. We have school tomorrow. Come on."
"....I'll keep looking. One more hour."
"Fine. I'll look with you. But one more hour."

Elsewhere in the city....
Durga and Andras touched down in an alleyway, the two Kaijin slipping into the shadows to avoid being seen.

A tall, robotic-looking Kaijin approached them, clad in blue and white plates, a single red eye staring at him as he towered over both of the new arrivals.
"The hell were you doing up there? I had Hana looking all over for you."
"Sneaking around, possibly."
"Hey. I was looking for Akuma, okay? You know those things can just....show up, you know?"
Durga stared at him. While her face was hidden, Andras could tell she was staring daggers at him.
"....come on. That's not fair."
"If you didn't find any, let's just go. No point sticking around in these forms. Come on, let's find somewhere a little less public to change back."

The tall Kaijin sprinted off. Andras simply chuckled, staring at Durga, before following him.

Durga clenched her fist.
"...."
"....he....never sits right with me."
From the shadows, a cat-like Kaijin approached, her voice light, and the material comprising their body resembling dark, smooth metal.
"Did you catch him this time?"
"No. I don't know what he was doing up there. It didn't feel right. A bunch of other Kaijin showed up."
"....does he know you're suspicious? You have to tell him."
"He's too trusting. Besides...without proof, all I can be is suspicious."

The cat-like Kaijin patted her on the back.
"Maybe next time, Hanako."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 09:31:22 pm »

Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall

~~Chapter Theme~~

"Hello! We're the Helper's Club! Please, come and join us! We're always looking for more!"
Saya Akitsuki was, all in all, not having the best of lunches.  Still, it was always time to stay positive.

She stood in the middle of one of the third-floor corridors, smiling, a bunch of pamphlets in her hands advertising the Helper's Club. Students strolled past her, without paying her any heed.
"Hello! We're the Helper's Club! Please, come-"
"Sorry, we're too busy."
"I'm already part of a club!"
"....ah, Akitsuki. Sorry, I'd love to help, but..."

Turnined down repeatedly, Saya sighed as the last student hurriedly walked away. She nodded, still trying to keep her composure.
"Ah. Well. Like they always say, you're likely to succeed if you try, right?"
"Oi! Saya!"

Saya's eyes brightened. She smiled, turning around to see her best friend approach, carrying two bento boxes from the nearby convenience store.
"Aki-kun! Hey! You're back quick!"
"Well, you know. I'm hungry too. Come on, how long have you been out here?"
"Not...long..."
"Saya."
"Okay, maybe it's been....half of lunchtime. I'm hungry. But please, Aki-kun, if I stay out just a bit longer, maybe we-"
"I could hear your stomach rumbling halfway down the corridor. Come on, let's get you something to eat."
"....well, alright. You get anything good?"

It is currently lunchtime at Our Lady of Hermelin. What are you doing?
//Everyone may post.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 09:49:29 pm »

The heiress Akari Shiro, the very picture of vaguely uncomfortable etiquette and grace, sat at a cafeteria table, dining on something that seemed to be designed to showcase her family's money rather than standard cafeteria fare. Most likely, Shiro was alone; the ones who weren't intimidated by her status tended to be put off by her standoffish attitude, or were among the people who knew what she acted like with the mask off.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 10:15:25 pm »

Sawatari Mori wandered the halls alone, largely silent except for occasionally chewing on something from his half finished bento. After the conversation at his table had turned from general gossip to less interesting fare, such as sports for the boys and fashions for the girls, he had excused himself on the grounds he needed to work on something for the theater club. Now he was wandering the halls, in search of any interesting information or something to do. After some time, he'd spotted  Akitsuki Saya, who was still at the task she had started before he'd even started his lunch, advertising for the Helper's Club. But now, she was joined by her friend and clubmate, Kasuga Akihiko. From what he gathered, it was typical behavior for them, Akitsuki advertising in vain, and then Kasuga convinces her to sit down and eat something. Mori performed a quick scan of the rest of the area before beginning to walk off in search of anything else interesting.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 10:45:51 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 10:25:35 pm »

Misa Miyashita, one of the more withdrawn students in the school, sat at a table more off to the side from the main area where fewer people sit with a half eaten lunch. It was her usual table, in fact. She seemed to be paying less attention to the food then the book she had in her hands though.

"And once again..." She mutters to herself as she reads. "Let's see how she gets out of trouble this time."
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 02:38:31 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 01:58:44 am »

Mildred had approached from seemingly nowhere and placed herself on the other side of Akihiko, her arm around his shoulders in a not-quite-headlock - easy enough for her, as she was if not the tallest student at school the tallest female student.

"Oi, am I interrupting something? Lunch time date, maybe?"

The in-all-but-name Yakuza girl chuckled at her own joke and let Akihiko go with a strong pat on the shoulder. From inside her jacket she produced a sandwich and what looked to be a can of Sapporo, though her hand covered the label. Her next comment was addressed to Saya.

"I'd say sorry to bother you, but I'm not. Kasuga is the only person I actually know in school and I don't feel like hanging out by myself right now. Things are boring as hell."

She ate the sandwich in a few quick bites and downed the can in a single chug, then stuffed it in the brown bag her sandwich had been in.

"I thought maybe some idiots might try to pick a fight with him again and there'd be something fun to do, but I guess I scared 'em off. So what were you doing earlier, anyway? Looks like a whole lot of people were giving you the cold shoulder."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 03:36:20 am »

Aiuchi Yui sat on the rooftop of the school, together with two friends of her, Chino Hisa and Morimoto Mino. Together, they're known as the Three Perfectly Average Girls. Or, at least, they pretend and joke about that they're known by a group name in the first place. Eating lunch and having pleasant small talk, they spent their time together. A far cry from how Yui's daily life was during her first year at school.
Tomorrow would be Hisa's birthday. Yui already knew she'll prepare a colorful bento for her once she's back at home and looks forward to her reaction. After all, while she had gifted bentos a few times already to classmates, it was the first time one of her newfound friends would celebrate their birthday, so it's not only a special occasion for her, but a super-special occasion! She'll make extra effort for it. The expenses necessary for such a grand bento were already calculated in her head and she knew she could afford it without eating too deep into this month's allowance. With a light smile while thinking about how Hisa could react to her edible gift, Yui gave the White Knight of Mishima-doll dangling down from her school bag a covert headpat.

May these unspectacular days never end.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 09:17:29 am »

Lunchtime was a somewhat odd time for Shoji. As a light eater, plus her natural disposition, she didn't tend to stick around the main lunch area. Instead, most of the time, including now, Shoji simply wandered the halls of Hermelin, trying to stay to herself amidst the other wanderers as she jotted down notes in her journal. She was, once again, charged with writing an article for the next newspaper, and she liked to try and write down what she needed to say ahead of time, seeing as it both helped calm herself and get prepared ahead of time.

... Of course, as focused as she was, Shoji did notice Saya's attempt of recruiting more people to the Helper's Club, and though she offered a small wave to her, she was quick to continue her wandering. She liked lending a hand for the Helper's Club, but she was still an official member of the Newspaper Club. Saya was well enough aware of Shoji's situation... Probably, and the small 'reporter' probably wouldn't have been much help actually getting more people into the club. She had a hard enough time talking to people already.

Thus, she simply continued on, promising herself to stop by the club later today and apologize. Right now was her alone time.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 01:46:49 pm »

In his peripheral vision, Mori caught sight of a shock of red hair. Turning his head, he confirmed, it was Shizuko Shoji, of the newspaper club, and she was taking notes, probably for an article. She’d interviewed his once or twice about the theater club, and he understood she was timid and easy to startle. Deciding that he could get more information than merely wandering the halls, he walked over until he stood behind her. He scanned over her notes quickly before tapping her on the shoulder.

"Long time no see, Shizuko. How are you today?"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 02:04:39 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 02:05:18 pm »

Buried into her writing, Shoji didn't register the figure who ended up standing behind her, aside from a slight chill on her neck. What she did register was the little tap on her shoulder, and the effect on the timid girl was instant. Specifically, a shout of surprise and quick turn of her person, and though the tap was sudden, Shoji was able to hold back from swinging her notebook full force at whatever was trying to get her attention,

"GAH! Who- Oh, S-Sawatari-san" Shoji managed to get out. Had it been anyone else, Shoji would've let out a sigh of relief, but in front of Mori, it was anything but relief. Here was one of the more popular students of the school singling her out to talk to her. Who knew what kind of rumors he wanted to try and drag out of her,

"I'm, erm... Doing fine. How are you?"
OOC
IC

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 02:10:25 pm »

The treasurer for the Student Council, Demura Masaru, remained at his classroom desk for lunch. Already sitting at the top of the exam scores among first years, he was carefully studying a history book, his focus only occasionally breaking to ensure his water bottle and onigiri wouldn't soil the book. He wasn't technically alone in the classroom, but he'd gotten astonishingly good at completely tuning out the idle chatter of his contemporaries; to others it might've seemed like he studied in a near-unbreakable trance.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 02:35:50 pm »

"Oh, I'm good, I'm good. Sorry for startling you." Mori replied. He let out a bit of what he hoped sounded like a good natured chuckle. While he could just go directly to asking Shoji for any information, that would be rude, and besides, he didn't want to seem like he was just using her. He walked up so they were standing side by side instead of him looming over her.

"The conversation at my cafeteria table turned a bit dull so I decided to get a change of scenery and finish my lunch in the theater. Special privilege's of the club president and all that. Have you already finished your lunch?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2021, 03:06:00 pm »

Saya squirms slightly at the mention of the fight, but Akihiko nods at Mildred.

"You know nobody's gonna try to come after me after that. What brings you to school for once, huh, Honda?"
"Well....I WAS recruiting for the Helper's Club. But uh....I'm not getting any real luck picking up any members...."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2021, 03:27:15 pm »

Though Mori's chuckle and smile would've eased most people, it had the opposite effect on Shoji, who merely grew more nervous. If it was any consolation, she did appreciate him trying not to loom over her, though it hardly helped her nerves at the moment,

"Well, I- Yes, I did. I don't really eat much during lunch, so I was just... Wandering the halls. As usual."
OOC
IC
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 79