Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 62647 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2022, 05:06:29 pm »

"Pretty tight. We go a while back."
Ayaka nods slowly.
"We first met....a while ago. Small thing. Not really worth talking about. He helps out sometimes at the Tennis Club, when we need an extra hand and Akitsuki isn't around."
"Never gonna quite get that whole Helper's Club thing. Seems pretty cool, but Akitsuki...she's really overworkin' herself."

Rise thinks for a bit about what to say.
"....I...suspect using an even hand would be better than telling a fellow club president to know that your time is important. Possibly more than hers."
She exhales.
"We have to be the sort of people the student body feels can be approached when we're needed, Demura, not the sort who people would only approach when it's too late to have anything done. You're very reliable, and I'm not sure how far I would get without you and Riku, but...perhaps your interactions with other people needs working on."
Rise closes her eyes.
"Sorry. That might have been too blunt. But....the point stands. Your skills are appreciated, but you need to be careful how you handle others."

Aika
As Aika returns home from her promo work -she's pretty sure she saw Touma at the meet, wrapped up in idol merchandise, sunglasses and a face mask to hide his identity- she runs into Saya, who seems to be just shooting of a text to someone. Akihiko, presumably.
"Oh! Hey, Aika! I didn't expect to see you around!"
Aika gains +3 DR for the next map.
Aika earns 200 yen.

Mori
As Mori finishes up one round at the batting cages, who should he see but Akihiko.
"Didn't figure you for someone into baseball. Hey."
Mori gains +1 DEF.

Misa
As Misa returns from July, she's pretty sure she senses....someone, following her?
Misa earns 100 yen.
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2022, 05:37:27 pm »

"Oh, I'm extremely not." Mori replied, taking a drink from his water bottle, "Coming here was his idea."

He gestured to Veep, who was currently batting at a truly respectable average.

"I hit something like one in ten. Pretty sure he just brings me here to laugh at me."

Mori looked over at Veep, who still hadn't turned his head to look at them, and leaned in a bit closer to Akihiko.

"I want to tell Veep about the... recent situation, but I'm aware that's not my choice alone to make. I just have a thing about trying not to keep secrets from him, so I want to keep that up. Since you became the leader for some reason, asking your opinion seems like a good idea."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2022, 07:10:22 pm »

"No need to apologize. I appreciate your guidance, Koga-senpai." If anything, she could've stood to be even blunter with him. 'Your interactions with other people needs working on'? Becoming likeable was supposed to be the result of achieving office, not the method! "Using an even hand", on the other... he needed to consider that.

He considered adding that, in fact, his time had become even more important than he knew before, but as much as he wished to flaunt his Kaijin status, there was nothing in the public record he could properly brag about. Until he made major headlines as a hero, revealing his new double life would do nothing to elevate himself. If anything, the association with him would only serve to denigrate Vasusena at this point.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2022, 07:58:07 pm »

Shiro frowned.
"It was nice to just cut loose like that, yeah. I'm not sure if being Pyrrha feels right, though. Maybe not wrong, but. . . ah, whatever." Shiro shook her head. "He sounded like my dad for a little bit in there."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2022, 08:43:44 pm »

"Hm. Being pleasant and approachable isn't the be-all and end-all of being in a position of responsibility, Demura. But it does help when others come to depend on you, or remember you when they seek someone to put higher. It isn't easy, though."
Rise concedes, as she looks through her papers -official Student Council business- before pulling out an envelope. She checks the envelope, before turning briefly red, and putting the envelope away upon realising what just happened.
"Tadano...."
"A love letter of his seems to have gotten mixed up with our work. I'll...have to return it to him somehow. T-the person for whom this is intended needs to be the one who see this."

Akihiko shakes his head.
"I'm the leader of nothing, okay? Anyway...even if you did tell them, it's not like they'll believe us. Would you believe them if they told you they turned into a demon and beat the hell out of another demon in some magic realm? And also, whoever targeted us might come after them, too, if they find out."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 06, 2022, 09:53:16 pm »

"Right, so, point by point," Mori began, "1. You're going to have to make a public service announcement out of that to let everyone know since I'm pretty sure the only one who agrees with you there is Demura, Sentai Red. 2. Veep is one of two people on Earth who always knows when I'm lying, so he'd either believe me or think I've gone crazier. 3. Yes, because you're exactly the kind of guy that kind of shit happens to, as I was saying earlier. 4. Fine."

Mori turned to Veep.

"Hey, come say hello!" He shouted, finally getting Veep's attention.

Veep put down the bat and started walking over.

"We should probably exchange numbers." Mori said, turning back to Akihiko"After all, the helpers club will be assisting with the play, right?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 07, 2022, 01:27:57 am »

"So, also here to look for some deals?"

Misa shrugs as Mildred mentions already knowing her name "It's easier to remember people's names when they're associated with being exciting, and if your reputation is anything, it's not boring."

"And yeah, I'm here to see what's for sale... also some part time jobs sometimes. It doesn't matter what's for sale if you don't actually have any money, right?"

"But after the, well, 'exciting adventure' we had, I figured it'd be a good idea to stock up on some first aid supplies before anything else exciting happened."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 07, 2022, 02:12:30 am »

"Pretty tight. We go a while back."
Ayaka nods slowly.
"We first met....a while ago. Small thing. Not really worth talking about. He helps out sometimes at the Tennis Club, when we need an extra hand and Akitsuki isn't around."
"Never gonna quite get that whole Helper's Club thing. Seems pretty cool, but Akitsuki...she's really overworkin' herself."

"Yeah, she is. I might throw in with her for a bit; might as well if I'm gonna be hanging around Hermelin anyway."

"It was nice to just cut loose like that, yeah. I'm not sure if being Pyrrha feels right, though. Maybe not wrong, but. . . ah, whatever." Shiro shook her head. "He sounded like my dad for a little bit in there."

"Sounded like your dad? I guess that's the bullshit he was coming at you with. Still, his power seemed to suit you. You did pretty good in that fight."

Misa shrugs as Mildred mentions already knowing her name "It's easier to remember people's names when they're associated with being exciting, and if your reputation is anything, it's not boring."

"And yeah, I'm here to see what's for sale... also some part time jobs sometimes. It doesn't matter what's for sale if you don't actually have any money, right?"

"But after the, well, 'exciting adventure' we had, I figured it'd be a good idea to stock up on some first aid supplies before anything else exciting happened."

"I do have quite the reputation. I gotta be me though, no matter what kind of things are said."

"So you work here? That's cool. What do you do? Like check-out stuff, or promotions? I mostly do tune-ups and the like at my dad's garage - probably going to inherit the business when he retires - but I could probably help stock the joint."

Mildred nodded to the last comment.

"That's some forward thinking. Good idea."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 07, 2022, 09:05:18 am »

"Ah. I see we'll be seeing a lot more of you, then. I wasn't sure if you were a student at Hermelin."
"She doesn't really buy into being a "model student". 'Course, I really only come in to Amamiya to handle some things, so who am I to talk?"

Akihiko just stares at Mori.
"What kind of anime do you think I stepped out of?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 07, 2022, 10:22:50 am »

"A shonen anime. Have I not made that clear?" Mori replied "Delinquent boy with a heart of gold gains special powers to fight to save the world, while still having to deal with high school problems. Oblivious to the fact his best female friend is in love with him, surrounded by a cast of quirky characters, including a disproportionately large number of attractive women. Are you not seeing it? I'm seeing it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 07, 2022, 01:09:02 pm »

"Okay, one, you ALSO have special powers. Two, what kind of delinquent have you met that hits the top twenty in the exams score rankings and actually attends school? Three, everything you just said also applies to you. Except the female friend. I don't know, I don't even know if you have any."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 07, 2022, 01:26:10 pm »

"Ah. I see we'll be seeing a lot more of you, then. I wasn't sure if you were a student at Hermelin."
"She doesn't really buy into being a "model student". 'Course, I really only come in to Amamiya to handle some things, so who am I to talk?"

"Model student? That ain't me in the slightest. But do you go to Hermelin, Fujimura? I would've figured you go to the same as Akutagawa here."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 07, 2022, 01:30:29 pm »

"One, I'll get back to that later. Two, I put you in the delinquent category more for your reputation and the fact that you get involved in after school fights than your academic performance, Honda's more of a 'pure' delinquent than you. Three, that's because I'm a side character in your anime. If I were to cast myself in a role, I'd say given the number of things we're opposites in, I'd be your foil, the person who exists to make you look better. Also, the heart of gold part's a bit lacking too. Four, yeah, I don't. I have a singular friend, who is swiftly getting close enough to hear us."

By this point, Veep had finished approaching the two and stepped into place next to Mori.

"Kasuga, Veep. Veep, Kasuga." Mori introduced the two before turning to Veep, "I mentioned before that the Helper's Club is going to be assisting us with some things for the play."

Veep picked up a pen and paper from next to where Mori was sitting and handed a note to him.

"Nice to meet you. Your reputation precedes you. Don't worry about Mori's... personality. He takes his duties as club president seriously." Mori read off before turning back to Veep, "Why do you always say that whenever I introduce you to someone who will be helping our next performance?"

Another note.

"You scare people off."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 07, 2022, 05:17:20 pm »

Aika
As Aika returns home from her promo work -she's pretty sure she saw Touma at the meet, wrapped up in idol merchandise, sunglasses and a face mask to hide his identity- she runs into Saya, who seems to be just shooting of a text to someone. Akihiko, presumably.
"Oh! Hey, Aika! I didn't expect to see you around!"
Aika gains +3 DR for the next map.
Aika earns 200 yen.

The idol blinked twice, then beamed and waved at the girl.

"Ah- Hi hi, Saya~!  It's a nice surprise to see you out here, too!"

Shouldering the bag carrying most of her usual costume, Aika went over to greet her friend properly.

"Usually I'm heading back home from the entertainment district, so I don't really come this way that often. We were doing a short thing at the mall today, since one of the new stores was looking for a bit more foot traffic on the opening and it seemed like a good chance to advertise for the concert coming up~"

"Still, still~!  I'm talking too much.  What are you doing out this way, Saya-chan?  Are you waiting for someone?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #404 on: January 07, 2022, 06:49:06 pm »

"I suppose you did pretty alright, too. I'd be lying if I didn't say I had a little fun."
"Hoping this doesn't turn into too much of a pain in the ass though. Got enough to deal with between Father, the boys, and school, I don't need some shonen anime bullshit interrupting my life every ten seconds."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 85