Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to find which dwarves were from the start?  (Read 1635 times)

Aelwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to find which dwarves were from the start?
« on: November 16, 2021, 08:39:31 pm »

Hello to everyone. I want to give my original dwarves special rooms but after three waves and multiple niknaming/job changing I forgot who is who. Is there some legend or ingame log about who arrived first?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: How to find which dwarves were from the start?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 08:47:19 pm »

You can check each dwarf individually - in their thoughts and preferences it'll say when they joined the fortress - you should find only seven who joined at the same time (i.e., when you started the fort.) They'll also only have joined your fortress, while most other migrants have been the member of some other group or civ.

Otherwise, you can save a copy of the fort and retire/abandon it, then check legends mode. On the site's information it should list those 7 as settling in the fort right at the beginning of the site's history.

Third option is to use Dwarf Therapist (and presumably there's a DF Hack script for this) - you can sort dwarves by migrant waves, which should put your starting seven at the top or bottom depending on how it is sorted.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 03:16:19 am »

the dfhack labour manager thing (it's like an in-game dwarf therapist) lets you sort by arrival

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 01:18:18 pm »

dwarf Therapist let’s you group by migration wave.  The founding is considered the first migration wave.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 04:05:45 pm »

For next time: I try to screenshot the u-screen in the first few minutes of a new fort. Saves me a world of hassle later.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 04:21:47 pm »

I give them all custom job titles, as well as special housing treatment and tombs.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 07:37:54 pm »

I give them all custom job titles, as well as special housing treatment and tombs.

Custom jobs was my thought as well
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit