Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [44.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]  (Read 39009 times)

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.3]
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2018, 12:23:08 pm »

I'm not sure how good mods like this don't get any feedback :| I'd have to say the samurai whose dreams you're helping to fulfill are the strong, silent type :>

I think it's due to the lack of details on the first post regarding this mod.  If there was more details about the defense, advantages and disadvantages for each of these items like what we see in the dwarf fortress wiki for standard items then people would be more likely to consider using this mod. For example why have 20 types of different lettuce for your restaurant if you don't know the advantages and disadvantages for each of them.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.3]
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2019, 02:38:15 pm »

I'm not sure how good mods like this don't get any feedback :| I'd have to say the samurai whose dreams you're helping to fulfill are the strong, silent type :>

I think it's due to the lack of details on the first post regarding this mod.  If there was more details about the defense, advantages and disadvantages for each of these items like what we see in the dwarf fortress wiki for standard items then people would be more likely to consider using this mod. For example why have 20 types of different lettuce for your restaurant if you don't know the advantages and disadvantages for each of them.

I did my best to have the advantages and disadvantages for these items reflect their real-world uses as far as the game engine could simulate; that's why I didn't go into numerical details; especially given the vagueness of the default armour (and you shouldn't be managing a restaurant if you don't know the differences between your types of lettuce :) ). They should function about as much as these pieces really do.

This mod is for people who want a far greater variety of armour and weaponry; people who have an interest in historical arms; and people who want a far more detailed and realistic manner and variety of equipping armour.

I still love Dwarf Fortress and have a vast appreciation for just what it is and what it represents but I don't play it anymore and I'm not sure when I'll be returning to it; as it has been a number of years. I've been focusing a lot more on multiplayer pvp games (super into dominions 4/5 and guild wars 2); serious roleplay and my work as a security guard; but if anyone wants to come forth to continue to do work on this mod; I support that.

Everything in this mod should still be working fine with the current version until Toady totally changes how weapons and armour function.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 03:26:52 pm by Lucelle »
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Dragnaath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2021, 07:28:58 pm »

How do I install this mod. I'm new to DF and are using the starter pack.

Thx

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2021, 07:48:03 pm »

I downloaded it for my own use (this is a necropost on your part, i guess its nessecary) but i can talk you through a basic installation, there are some instructions included too though on the files.

Files that can be moved whole to dffolder/RAW/objects

Item_armor_lucelle
Item_shield_lucelle
item_helm_lucelle
item_weapon_lucelle

are intended to be dropped or copy and pasted into the dffolder/RAW/objects folder by themselves individually so they can work.

Item Tags.txt

Item Tags just a informal file that doesnt need to be moved, to help you copy-paste bits of information like [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG_SERATED] into the entity_default.txt file in dffolder/RAW/objects where their weapons they produce is kept.

In entity_default.txt there are other vanilla weapons produced like battleaxes and such, and your choice to the civilization (for dwarves, this would be [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]) dependent on what 'tokens' you copy paste into that file, on the appropriate line. (you can use [TAB] to jump a space to keep it in line)

They are helpfully grouped around a theme or type it looks like

Overwriting Halberds

This requires you to open the existing item_weapon file in DF vanilla raws, and locate halberds so you can copy paste the new modded definition over it, as it instructs.

Ofc nothing too much should have changed (if you run this on 47.05 it shouldn't in theory be bumpy or outdated but beware) and you will need a new world-save for the modding to take effect (does not work on save files or forts you have already made, only world creation), whilst checking your errorlog if it appears suddenly in the home dffolder. Id recommend seeking out alternative community outlets like the dwarf fortress discord with modding helpers if you have any detailed question that need concise advice to your situation.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 02:18:29 pm by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]