Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ridiculous Artifacts  (Read 16096 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ridiculous Artifacts
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2022, 02:40:50 am »

I remember someone on here talking about a dwarf making a pickaxe out of her own baby.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2022, 05:40:37 pm »

I remember someone on here talking about a dwarf making a pickaxe out of her own baby.

Coolio.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2022, 08:45:18 pm »

...Coolio.

When a dwarf turns maudlin, and has a "macabre mood", they kill another dwarf (usually, but not always, the first one to walk past after they've claimed a workshop) and I guess baby was closest. I've had a macabre mood once or twice, turns out other dorfs make great tables. I have always meant to make a dwarf table into a traction bench..... I've not had anything made out of baby dwarf, from memory, but could be wrong. Closest I've come is a dwarf child mooding after a siege that killed his pet dog. We got a piece of dog bone armour out of it, I think a boot? I cannot say if it was HIS dog that got turned into armour.

Some things in this game are unsettling.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2022, 09:19:18 pm »

...Coolio.

When a dwarf turns maudlin, and has a "macabre mood", they kill another dwarf (usually, but not always, the first one to walk past after they've claimed a workshop) and I guess baby was closest. I've had a macabre mood once or twice, turns out other dorfs make great tables. I have always meant to make a dwarf table into a traction bench..... I've not had anything made out of baby dwarf, from memory, but could be wrong. Closest I've come is a dwarf child mooding after a siege that killed his pet dog. We got a piece of dog bone armour out of it, I think a boot? I cannot say if it was HIS dog that got turned into armour.

That's a Fell Mood, not Macabre. A Macabre one has the dwarf going into the refuse stockpile.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2022, 12:02:34 am »

...Coolio.
That's a Fell Mood, not Macabre. A Macabre one has the dwarf going into the refuse stockpile.

You're quite right, my mistake. The kid was in Macabre, thus his dog bones.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Tachytaenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2022, 03:11:11 pm »

I got a tea wood machine gun from my gun mod. It was truly a sophisticated tea-sipping beautiful wooden crafts rambo carnage moment.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2022, 10:31:51 pm »

I got a cat leather sock with some worthless rocks on it. Yay.

At least it has Microcline on it.
What, the best metal in the game?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2022, 11:50:01 am »

I've heard of a dwarf on a fell mood murdering a ghost and making a bone craft out of it

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2022, 08:46:11 am »

I got a cat leather sock with some worthless rocks on it. Yay.

At least it has Microcline on it.
What, the best metal in the game?

Fools Candy is more like it.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Thunderforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2022, 06:33:38 pm »

One of my dwarfs decided to take his frustrations out on a compatriot, and then used the bones to create a dwarf-bone chest. It was a decidedly eerie object and I didn’t know what to do with it. Put it on display in the tavern? In the tombs? Sell it to an unsuspecting elf?!
I can’t remember what became of it, but it still sticks in my memory.
Klinka Na Karaz : Grung A Na Grungron : Az A Na Ankor
A Pick for the Earth : A Hammer for the Anvil : An Axe for everything else

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2022, 03:56:50 pm »

Some idiot went into a mood, took one kimberlite, and made a stone ring. Just, a stone ring. No frills, no images, nothing.

I hate this.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Thunderforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2022, 05:43:55 pm »

Gandalf pulled the ring from the fire and peered grimly at the smooth surface.
“No, Frodo, it is not magical in the least. It was forged by Urist in the fires of a pecanwood furnace in the distant realm of Morningpuddles. Craftsdwarfship is of mediocre quality.”

“What do I do Gandalf?” asked the stunned hobbit.

“Keep it secret! Keep it safe!” snapped the wizard. “People will laugh at you for wearing such a crappy ring!”
Klinka Na Karaz : Grung A Na Grungron : Az A Na Ankor
A Pick for the Earth : A Hammer for the Anvil : An Axe for everything else

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2022, 09:35:33 pm »

Just got Shasadazin "Musicalwatches", a rose gold kite shield:
This is a rose gold kite shield.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with round schist cabochons and encircled with bands of rectangular schist cabochons and rose cut moonstones.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of eagle leather and menaces with spikes of rose gold, reindeer bone and clear glass.  On the item is an image of a horseshoe crab in amethyst. 
Weight: 24 Urists
Value: 1,66,920 Urists

Due to the judicial use of shield bashes, this has been assigned to replace the Commander's 10 Urist steel kite shield valued at only 1,400 Urists despite being Lelarkeskal Låldodók, "Patternedshoots the Blanketed Clasp".  It is encrusted with finely-crafted oval magnetite cabochons.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of finely-crafted donkey bone.  On the item is an image of sponges in onyx.  I think it's a decent upgrade in every way. 

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2022, 05:25:15 pm »

Hallshake, a green glass Figurine whose only claim to Distinction is that it celebrates the Creation of a previous Artifact.

Let Us hope that one Day, a Dwarf will create an Artifact to celebrate it.

DrCyano

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2022, 10:21:14 pm »

I'm playing a fortress embark that has no metals whatsoever, so I need to make every bar of metal I acquire count. Imagine my delight when I see a dwarf enter a strange mood and claim the metalsmith's forge.

What will it be? A legendary weapon? An unbreakable piece of armor? No, its....

...an iron splint?! I'm trying to outfit 50 soldiers with only 25 bars of metal and Urist McFarmer decides to raid the steel production pipeline to make a splint?!

I don't care that you've claimed this as a family heirloom, Urist McFarmer, I'm trading it to the elves when their caravan arrives next spring!

Also, I have no idea who Nish Inkedsword is. There's nobody at my fortress with that name, nor are there any historical figures with that name when I check Legends Mode on my back-up save.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:35:46 pm by DrCyano »

A mad scientist necromancer, a peasant with a dream, a secret message inscribed on a gem, a giant bridge.
Come witness the Saga of the Puzzling Sea!
A documented Dwarf Fortress v0.47.xx game combining Fort Mode and Adventure Mode.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4