Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dakost Avédudil, Dwarf Animal Trainer doomed butcher  (Read 2952 times)

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dakost Avédudil, Dwarf Animal Trainer doomed butcher
« on: November 22, 2021, 11:53:20 pm »

Dakost was an animal trainer and he was killed by a zombie giant. Libash Oltaramal, our Dwarf Scholar necromancer, immediately raised Dakost from death!

Now Dakost is listed in my fort's citizens list and I can still view his thoughts and preferences and various statuses. I notice that "His hands are animated when he is surprised." His hands are not the only parts animated now...

edit:
After I made this post, Dakost makes a petition of joining back into the fort! Despite the "Dakost Avédudil, Dwarf Animal Trainer doomed butcher has been missing for a week" message, he's now a functional member of the fortress again. I can even set his labour.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:56:20 pm by coalboat »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Dakost Avédudil, Dwarf Animal Trainer doomed butcher
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 11:55:33 pm »

If he hasn't yet, he'll petition to become a full citizen again soon. Then you can modify his labors again.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 11:56:35 pm »

If he hasn't yet, he'll petition to become a full citizen again soon. Then you can modify his labors again.

Indeed!

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 11:59:58 pm »

Excerpts from his status page:

He has a broad body bearing impressive muscles and a great load of fat. His head is gone.

Overall, he is somewhat focused with satisfied needs. He is level-headed after doing something exciting.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 12:02:41 am by coalboat »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 12:00:56 am »

So exciting he lost his mind!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 03:02:58 am »

I'm impressed with someone who can have a gone head and yet be level-headed.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 12:37:00 am »

i don't think the game text strings can distinguish between "level-headed" and "head levelled"

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 06:22:19 am »

It seems his head got leveled.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 03:23:35 pm »

Now Dakost is listed in my fort's citizens list and I can still view his thoughts and preferences and various statuses. I notice that "His hands are animated when he is surprised." His hands are not the only parts animated now...

Must be popular with ladies. I wonder what specials powers his kind has. In my world most of necromancer towers as well as some civs were dominated by a strain of intelligent undead (named dark butcher) which has quite a lame power - cause pain. But this pain is not enough to incapacitate a cat, even after several attempts in quick succession. I keep some necromancers for experiments, but I don't want to end with this particular strain, and I'm raiding different towers to get other strains.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 11:01:20 am »

I didn't notice any special power he might have had. He died to a tantruming dwarf a few years ago... The necromancer who raised him also has gone stark raving mad.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 10:19:43 pm »

I can probably assume that they don't, but do your other dwarves feel horrified by seeing or interacting with and alongside a headless zombie? Even as a citizen?
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2021, 01:29:09 am »

Dakost died many dwarf-years ago and many real life days ago so I can't tell. However, I still have a Goblin doomed butcher, raised from a dead goblin invader, appearing as "friendly" on unit list. He stands on the center stairs all days and I don't see him causing any negative thoughts.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2021, 09:35:58 pm »

I wonder if headless undead dwarves can sing.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 09:54:10 pm »

I think one can definitely whistle without any head. As long as he has at least 1 lung, he can pinch the windpipe and play himself like a bagpipe. Things we talk about in dwarf fortress!  :o

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 04:03:14 am »

I wonder if headless undead dwarves can sing.
One is reminded of the Plump Helmet Man bards (mimes!) who sometimes wayfare.

I think one can definitely whistle without any head. As long as he has at least 1 lung, he can pinch the windpipe and play himself like a bagpipe. Things we talk about in dwarf fortress!  :o

He could also play a wind instrument in this manner.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!