Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cleaning vampire blood?  (Read 1866 times)

UtranT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Cleaning vampire blood?
« on: November 02, 2021, 08:21:46 pm »

So I have a vampire in my fortress and a siege is going on and she was sent to kill them all (or as much as she can until death) and her blood has been spilled on the ground and in the lake, how would you clean her blood or would it naturally go away? (I do plan to have a squad of Vampire adventurers to rule over the Castle but I do not want the general populous to become infected).

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning vampire blood?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 08:44:59 pm »

If you can get the squad to drink from the lake, they might get a taste of the ol' creature of the night.

Dwarves automatically clean anything considered "indoors" given enough time. Here's the wiki on it. Sounds like the blood is outside the fortress, though - which you can safely ignore. I think it eventually goes away, but I don't know for certain. The blood in the lake might be there for a very long time, though. It will certainly not turn anyone into a vampire unless they drink it from that lake. Heck, they could even go swimming in the stuff and it won't cause the transformation.

nerussa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 06:17:48 am »

If you want to be sure, you can use DFhack's "clean" command.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 10:39:23 am »

Yet another option is to use water mist, naturally occurring or generated: it cleans blood and most other contaminants (like venom or extracts), both from terrain and from dwarves. As a side effect, it also make dwarves clean (or so they think), so they won't bathe if they come into contact with mist. Apparently dwarves don't need to remove clothes to take a bath.