Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can you choke an alligator/alligator man?  (Read 3828 times)

Andthentherewere4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can you choke an alligator/alligator man?
« on: November 15, 2021, 05:40:06 pm »

Started a Elephant man wrestler with maxed strength and wrestling / demigod status.  The first alligator man that I found was not harmed by my wrestling/choking and dispatched me rather quickly.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Can you choke an alligator/alligator man?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 07:31:33 pm »

Should be totally possible. You may have just had some bad rolls and I expect the alligator latched on firmly and shredded you by shaking you around. That's still an extremely powerful move. You might try weakening the alligator(man) a bit first with some punches to the upper or lower body.

Alligator men are quite large (235,000) - though an elephant man is bigger (2,535,000) - they may still be much more difficult than most...more humble creatures. 

Andthentherewere4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 11:08:48 pm »

Thanks, it bears investigation... I'll update if I resolve it.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 11:55:33 pm »

Did you put Dodging on your demiphant? You'll want at least Competent; the higher the better.

Wrestling is risky, because it leaves you unable to dodge away from an attack that gets past your base skill. It's generally best used to initiate a jump-slam, or to choke out an enemy that's already weakened in some way— if you're fighting unarmed, that'll typically involve Striking at key places. Upper body for bruised lungs, lower body for bruised guts, head for a knockout chance. At higher Striking levels, the limbs and neck can be torn or even pulped with a strong blow.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:59:15 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 07:00:35 am »

Ah, I should mention - be sure to wrestle the throat, not to neck - from the throat you can strangle people out, but the option isn't there on the neck (I know...)

Andthentherewere4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 06:12:51 pm »

Becoming less of a fan of wrestling for sure.  Would choking still work if the characters were underwater?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 10:20:12 pm »

That's weird. An alligator man beating an elephant man in wrestling should be outright impossible. The elephant is more than 10 times bigger, and even being a little bigger is an almost insurmountable advantage. Even the bite shouldn't have been able to shake you. How'd he kill you?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!