Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Was this cruel of me to do?  (Read 4116 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Was this cruel of me to do?
« on: November 25, 2021, 08:56:02 am »

I noticed this kobold camp had a river going into it (above it) and around... and well.. i decided to dig into the river and block off the only exit. *evil laugh*, then shortly after i realised the evil biome I was in caused the upbringing of the undead, haha.

FYI: I used DFhack's gui/advfort to mine, ect.

I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Was this cruel of me to do?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 04:22:50 pm »

Why do you ask? You know what you did~

But, think of it as granting life to those zombies. The undead are a form of life too, you know. Being born from death doesn't make them any different from your average parasite, carnivore, or decomposer.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 04:52:07 pm »

Why do you ask? You know what you did~

But, think of it as granting life to those zombies. The undead are a form of life too, you know. Being born from death doesn't make them any different from your average parasite, carnivore, or decomposer.

XD (sorry for the late response, i left for a week when i posted this), But yeah, I know what I did was bad, but apperently in my world's history, these kobolds somehow managed to take out nearby villages at one point, so I had to get revenge! Oh, and I also came here to retrieve a slab from here lol.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 05:16:02 pm »

It's not revenge if you justify it after the fact.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.