Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manymancy - more divine secrets  (Read 2202 times)

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Manymancy - more divine secrets
« on: November 27, 2021, 05:22:12 pm »

Download from DFFD

This mod is a fork of the "Whatevermancy" part of Mostly Mythical Monsters by @IndigoFox (who kindly gave permission to share this), as bundled in Splint's Vanilla Expanded.  Main author of the fork is @Mobbstar.

Foreword

The original Whatevermancy had much content, but I felt that it was relying on templates too much and could be more unique.  Of course, more variety means more potential for unintentional behaviour.  I tested version 1.0 fully in Arena, Legends, and Adventure mode, but de-facto not in Fortress mode.  If something feels off, let me know!

How to install

• Locate your Dwarf Fortress installation.
  • Open the raw directory.
  • Copy all files from the mod objects to the raw objects.

You can later uninstall the mod by deleting those files.  They all end with _mancy to find easily.

Tech Support

If you encounter a problem while playing with this mod installed, contact the author(s).  If you believe a problem is independent of the mod, post it to the Mantis bug tracker and mention why this mod is irrelevant to the issue.

Content

Several new kinds of divine secrets may appear in the world.  People who learn a secret (henceforth "practitioners") typically resurrect or transform corpses (henceforth "minions"), construct towers and pursue their goals.

The magical abilities a practitioner has, and what their minions are, depend on the secret they have learned.  The goals they pursue are personal, though many end up taking over the world through violence.

All practitioners are immortal, and many are considered undead.  Some do not need to eat, drink, sleep, or breathe.

The following lists all secrets.  Avoid reading them if you like surprises.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Manymancy - more divine secrets
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 01:37:29 pm »

this looks cool.  if i were u, i would make some way to start out with secrets, b/c i have an immense amount of trouble finding secrets, but thats just me. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.