Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Necromancer Citizen Getting Stuck in Tasks?  (Read 1255 times)

RatMasterKeyser

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarven Necromancer Citizen Getting Stuck in Tasks?
« on: November 30, 2021, 07:15:05 pm »

A necromancer came as a migrant to my fort & was promptly set to be a scholar. They were almost immediately votes mayor as well. I recently noticed that that they are getting stressed, and looking at their behavior I've noticed that they get totally stuck on tasks such as worship & pondering. How do ya'll deal with this? I tried setting other professions such as crafting, hauling, but these tasks don't seem to be able to make them stop doing whatever task they are on. The only way I've found is to stop the task is to remove temple zones or remove their occupation status as a scholar. 

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Necromancer Citizen Getting Stuck in Tasks?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 09:13:03 pm »

I notice this too. Scholars tend to get too occupied with their academic endeavor and forget to unwind now and then.

RatMasterKeyser

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 10:11:23 pm »

I notice this too. Scholars tend to get too occupied with their academic endeavor and forget to unwind now and then.

Noticed this on my normal, non-necromancer dwarfs as well.

To make matter worse, my necromancer is an ardent worshiper of two gods. She gets upset not worshiping them due to getting way too occupied with scholarly work. So, to let her worship, I remove her scholar occupation, and she will go worship one of the two gods. But then, she gets too occupied worshiping one of them so she forgets to go worship the other one, making her quite upset.  :D lol

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 11:14:33 pm »

From my observation, some dwarfs just can't maintain their mental health in long term due to their unbalanced personality. The others, however, can eventually find the balance. I had two necromancer scholars. One of them went insane. The other has been doing fine and has finished several works on pulleys and locks, in spite of being unfocused all the time. Dwarfs can feel "proud" when they write a book, and that's a significant mood boost.