Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Games Report, December 1st, 2021  (Read 21941 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
The Bay 12 Games Report, December 1st, 2021
« on: December 01, 2021, 11:09:58 pm »

The Bay 12 Games Report, December 1st, 2021

Mission Status

One step forward, two steps...  forward!  No difficulty can stop the motion.  If I had to pick a bird to apply to this situation, it wouldn’t be the phoenix, because nothing exploded.  Instead we are like the kind of bird that can trace its ancestry straight back to the most bad-ass of dinosaurs.  All you have to do is imagine a timeline where the asteroid never hit the Earth.  Would it be much different than today?  I don’t think so.  There would still be Dwarf Fortress, but the sixteen colors would be different because maybe dinosaurs can't see the color yellow or something.  The point is we can’t be stopped.  We have been in the game for nearly two decades now, so believe me when I tell you we deliver what we aim to deliver. 

"Congratulations to the generous!" -- ThreeToe

Fun with Numbers

Thanks to everybody who helped out again this month!  Yeah, the art situation has been a bit of a setback, but we should have some positive news on that front presently.  As I said on the 19th, the embark screen is done, and hopefully we can show it soon.  The last few weeks were a little tumultuous, but I should finally be rewriting the save structure and things now.  This'll be a big modding change especially - no more files being copied into saves by default, for instance, which'll mean adding defaults, and overrides, and a UID or other system to the txt files themselves, or something along those lines.

November:  $10229.39
October:   $10544.26
September: $10475.09
August:    $10845.66
July:      $10301.99
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!