Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are a "GREAT" and "MIGHTY" Financial Wizard: Act 1  (Read 3125 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "GREAT" and "MIGHTY" Financial Wizard: Act 0.5
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 11:50:14 am »

Loving this so far.

- How exactly do you ANXIETY STIM?
We subconsciously act out fragments of SOMATIC SPELL COMPONENTS with our LONG, TWITCHY FINGERS, not actually casting anything. It's a harmless nervous tic, but potentially a problem if someone with basic magic knowledge thinks we're preparing a fireball or something.

- What do you do about the CLEARLY UPSET ADVENTURER in front of you?
Just be honest. Tell the ADVENTURER we harvested some ROGUE THYME for a Gardenwitch, and got paid with this VAGUELY GREEN MEAT. We certainly didn't know it was DRAGON MEAT!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 12:35:47 pm »

We subconsciously act out fragments of SOMATIC SPELL COMPONENTS with our LONG, TWITCHY FINGERS, not actually casting anything. It's a harmless nervous tic, but potentially a problem if someone with basic magic knowledge thinks we're preparing a fireball or something.

Just be honest. Tell the ADVENTURER we harvested some ROGUE THYME for a Gardenwitch, and got paid with this VAGUELY GREEN MEAT. We certainly didn't know it was DRAGON MEAT!
+1

Perfect!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2021, 03:26:24 am »

+1

Perfect!

+1 Probably better than my joke suggestion.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2021, 08:43:49 pm »

Your fingers twitch various components of your SPELL: PROTECTION, but with no power or ritual to them. Fortunately(?) for you, the ADVENTURER does not seem to care, listening to your STORY.

"Interesting, if true."

Her eyes are still considerably more orange than they should be, but since you're not being referred to in ANGRY FORIEGNER SPEAK, you regard it as a good sign. Your particularly long fingers slow down in their fidgeting, with a slight popping.

"But! There is no Witch. I know, I've been following you. You entered a condemned ruin, pulled plants out of nowhere, just [FORIEGNER FOR SOME BODILY FUNCTION, PROBABLY?] disappeared, returned holding that, and returned here!"

You're pretty sure those things happened, though. You do remember occasionally feeling WATCHED, but blamed it on the WITCH.

"Do you - one you - what - how - rrrggh!"

Her eyes go FULL ORANGE, and her slamming her fist on your rickety excuse of a table collapse it in pieces to the ground.

It does not require your SPELL: SENSE MOTIVE to figure out that the RAGING ADVENTURER is putting forth considerable effort into not feeding you your own feet and rolling you around like a HOOP. (Normally, you'd admire such WILLPOWER.)

...now what?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2021, 09:06:53 pm »

Calm her down by saying how much you admire her WILLPOWER. Briefly ruminate on the LOCAL LANGUAGE having a very similar word referring to a PARTICULARLY SPICY RICE DISH and hope you pronounced it properly.

Suggest that you could FINANCIALLY EXPLOIT these HAUNTED RUINS with some simple renovations, selling tickets for the HAUNTED HOUSE slash HAUNTED RUIN slash HAUNTED ADVENTURE TOUR. Be sure you wink when you say "ADVENTURE."

Hope this all leaves her forgetting about the DRAGON MEAT. It sounds valuable and we don't want to share.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2021, 11:12:55 pm »

Calm her down by saying how much you admire her WILLPOWER. Briefly ruminate on the LOCAL LANGUAGE having a very similar word referring to a PARTICULARLY SPICY RICE DISH and hope you pronounced it properly.

Do this.

Then assure the RAGING ADVENTURER that we are now every bit as CONFUSED as they are, and that we have no reason whatsoever to lie about this. Offer to elaborate on our STORY with ADDITIONAL DETAIL, or to help investigate the DISCREPANCY by accompanying the ADVENTURER to the Rolling Metatarsal hills.

...be prepared to book it. Boost speed with MAGIC, if necessary.

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2021, 04:00:51 am »

Do this.

Then assure the RAGING ADVENTURER that we are now every bit as CONFUSED as they are, and that we have no reason whatsoever to lie about this. Offer to elaborate on our STORY with ADDITIONAL DETAIL, or to help investigate the DISCREPANCY by accompanying the ADVENTURER to the Rolling Metatarsal hills.

...be prepared to book it. Boost speed with MAGIC, if necessary.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2021, 11:34:11 am »

Suggest that you could FINANCIALLY EXPLOIT these HAUNTED RUINS with some simple renovations, selling tickets for the HAUNTED HOUSE slash HAUNTED RUIN slash HAUNTED ADVENTURE TOUR. Be sure you wink when you say "ADVENTURE."

Hope this all leaves her forgetting about the DRAGON MEAT. It sounds valuable and we don't want to share.
+1

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2021, 02:32:46 am »

[Going on family vacation; I'll pick up in a few days with your journey to the location. :) ]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2021, 12:09:39 am »

You attempt to reassure the ADVENTURER of your SINCERITY and your ability to GENERATE PROFIT from this turn of events. Her eyes become less ORANGE (ORAGE?) after you suggest visiting the CONDEMNED RUIN.

"After you." she insists in a DANGEROUSLY POLITE tone, strongly implying that SKEPTICAL CURIOSITY tempered the rage.

"...you're seeing this, right?"

You do, in fact, see a SMALL, CREEPY CHILD, probably more TRANSLUCENT and HOVERING than other CHILDREN. You're not super familiar with CHILDREN, but you are fairly certain that they're not supposed to be DOING THAT.

You make a CALMING GESTURE at the ADVENTURER, and look at the OMINOUS HOVERING CHILD, who bears more than a passing resemblance to the GARDENWITCH.

"Is it a ghost?"

YOUR APPRENTICE IS RUDE!

You're fairly certain that the MESSAGE came from the CHILD NOT!GHOST, judging by the EXASPERATED, SLIGHTLY SEE THROUGH expression. You try to reassure the WHATEVER CHILD that you don't have an APPRENTICE, but the ADVENTURER waves an IMPATIENT ARM.

"I will give you this lot if you teach me MAGIC."

You pause to CONSIDER. She can see OMENS, and managed to say magic in WIZARDLY CAPITAL LETTERS. It's enough to rank her for a TEST, at least.

AHEM

The OMEN CHILD stomps and glares at you. Your ORB seems to increase briefly in weight for a moment.

...now what?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 12:08:09 pm »

Ask the OMEN CHILD what it is an OMEN of, also reassure it that our future APPRENTICE will no longer be rude!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2021, 05:34:11 pm »

An APPRENTICE sounds like exactly the kind of LUCKY BREAK we need!
INTRODUCE ourselves to the CREEPY CHILD.

klonk
Sigtext

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2021, 12:29:14 pm »

+1

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2021, 12:53:47 pm »

+1
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2021, 08:52:14 pm »

+1
+1
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 [2] 3