Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You are a "GREAT" and "MIGHTY" Financial Wizard: Act 1  (Read 3026 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "GREAT" and "MIGHTY" Financial Wizard: Act 0.5
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2021, 07:35:59 pm »

You introduce yourself by NAME (WIZARD, THE) ; PROFESSION (WIZARD), and CLASS (WIZARD.)

The CHILD stares at you for a moment, gives a dismissive glance to your new APPRENTICE, and gives a deep, probably sarcastic bow to you.

"You may call me Genius, Loki The. I am a genius loci, and I'm a genius loci."

You nod at Genius Comma Loki The, and opt to refer to them as the CREEPY CHILD for short in your head.

"As the ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION of your 'TOWER' - " (you can hear the AIR QUOTES) "-I can be as CREEPY as you desire."

Your APPRENTICE looks like she has a lot of ANGRY QUESTIONS. This seems understandable, as you have some ANGRY QUESTIONS and GRUELING TESTS for her as well.

For choice:
- Do we encourage the LOCI to be CREEPY? What other VIBES should it have?
- What are you going to do with your APPRENTICE? (Ask? Answer? GRUELING MAGICAL EXAM?
- What else?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2021, 08:19:18 pm »

As an ANTHROPOMORPHIC PRESENTATION of a WIZARD'S TOWER, the GENIUS LOCI also traditionally represents the EGO inherent to all WIZARDLY PRACTICE. Our own WIZARDLY ARROGANCE being DEEPLY REPRESSED at the present time, the VIBES of our GENIUS LOCI can manage only a sense of the VAGUELY INSUFFERABLE.

Exchange ANGRY QUESTIONS and DEFENSIVE ANSWERS with our new APPRENTICE. Having done so, commence MAGICAL APTITUDE TESTING (MAT)!

Also, we should figure out what our name is! I'm thinking Adelbert.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2021, 02:45:05 am »

As an ANTHROPOMORPHIC PRESENTATION of a WIZARD'S TOWER, the GENIUS LOCI also traditionally represents the EGO inherent to all WIZARDLY PRACTICE. Our own WIZARDLY ARROGANCE being DEEPLY REPRESSED at the present time, the VIBES of our GENIUS LOCI can manage only a sense of the VAGUELY INSUFFERABLE.

Exchange ANGRY QUESTIONS and DEFENSIVE ANSWERS with our new APPRENTICE. Having done so, commence MAGICAL APTITUDE TESTING (MAT)!
+1

What about our name being BUBBA?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2021, 05:05:39 pm »

+1 and I agree with ADELBERT.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2021, 06:00:53 pm »

An EMBARRASSING CHILDHOOD NICKNAME! We don't like to talk about it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2021, 01:43:31 am »

+1 and I agree with ADELBERT.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2021, 03:44:24 am »

An EMBARRASSING CHILDHOOD NICKNAME! We don't like to talk about it.
I like the sound of that we should use it!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2022, 11:49:28 am »

You don't like to talk about your OTHER NAMES. The CREEPY, VAGUELY INSUFFERABLE CHILD giggles as it senses your NAME. You strictly FORBID the LOKI from revealing the name and cast your SPELL: RULES LAWYER to ensure compliance, or at least COMPETENT CHEATING.

Which reminds you: clearly, the ANGRY APPRENTICE has run an EXPERT CON. You find that to be rather ENDEARING.

"Did that... LOW KEY give you the dragon meat? And what are you going to do with it?"

You shake your head, and shrug. The last one is a good QUESTION, but one that can wait. The back and forth of PROBABLY HOSTILE questions continues for what feels like HOURS, with the CREEPY CHILD occasionally providing WIZARDLY answers on your behalf (in other words: NECESSARILY CONVOLUTED, TRUE, and ONLY AN ANSWER IN ANNOYING RETROSPECT.)

At one point, her eyes turn ORANGE again, and you immediately interrupt her IGNORANT RAMBLING by casting what looks like a FIREBALL, but is actually a slightly EMPOWERED PRESTOMAJESTO'd fireball at her.

She yells something ANGRILY FORIEGN, catches the fire, and returns it as FIRE, which you catch in your mouth and SWALLOW. It's almost spicy.

Your APPRENTICE tries to find words, mouth opening and closing like a WHISKERFISH. You CHUCKLE, and request the DEED. With shaky hands, she passes it over, and you sign with a FLOURISH.

Several weeks go by. Your APPRENTICE has come close to almost understanding the THEORY of the most basic PRESTOMAJESTO, and has also caused approximately 13 fires, only two of which were a result of COOKING.

In an effort to reduce the INADVERTENT MAGICAL ARSON, you send her on morning RUNS. Several CIVIL AND CRIMINAL TRIALS later, both of you are going on MORNING RUNS, together. (Which is to say, you go on MORNING WHEEZES and she tries to not MAKE FIRE while GENTLY JOGGING. You're both improving.)

Between the lessons in MAGIC and CREATIVE FINANCIAL OPPORTUNITYMAKING, you hardly have time to SLEEP. It does not help that your CREEPY CHILD tends to MANIFEST in front of you shortly before you awake to provide exactly what you need, either - usually water.

This morning, however, is DIFFERENT, as LOKI wakes you up with INFORMATION: your APPRENTICE'S PAROLEADIN is approaching, but in a CLANKY way that indicates some sort of armor as opposed to the usual SEMI FORMAL RELIGOUS NOT-UNIFORM. With the PAROLEADIN is a GENERIC-LOOKING GUARD and a PERSON WHO IS "TIED UP" with rope, carrying an impressive, uncomfortable amount of KNIVES.

They look GRIM.

What did you do with the dragon meat, anyway?
What are you going to do about the group of people?
What else did you do with your limited time?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "GREAT" and "MIGHTY" Financial Wizard: Act 1
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2022, 02:29:37 am »

Do we KNOW what'll happen if we ATE the dragon meat?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2022, 12:00:23 pm »

It'll taste very good and fill your hunger. Or so the legends say; nobody has actually killed a Dragon in hundreds of years.

The opposite is not true, however.

It is also still metaphysically radiating DRAGONFORCE. From what you've pieced together from the fragments FORBIDDEN DRAGONLORE, dragons and humans have an ELDER ANCESTOR. From the what you've pieced together from the HISTORIAS, Dragons gained SAPIENCE from eating HUMANS; this leads you to reach a solid HYPOTHESIS that eating dragonflesh will render you slightly more Draconic.

(Or give you a wicked case of the FIRE POOPS. You're pretty sure that MAGICAL DEVOLUTION is worth the risk of EXTREME INTESTINAL DISTRESS. You hope, anyway. There's been no Dragonlords since, well, the other YOU.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:17 am »

Do we have any idea what kind of POWERS we might get from the DRAGONFORCE inside the meat, besides EXTREAME INTESTINAL DISTRESS?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2022, 11:55:07 am »

Not specifically. You're hoping for something COOL like 'fire breathing' or 'flight', but regard 'desire to accumulate wealth' as extremely redundant.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2022, 02:06:15 am »

We should probably deal with these PEOPLE before we do anything like EAT the dragon meat. Let us go find out WHAT the PEOPLE WANT.
Pages: 1 2 [3]