Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 53538 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Kill The Other Webadicts Now - You Are The Only Webadict
« Reply #1185 on: January 10, 2022, 09:09:12 pm »

Hmm, can't achieve any state of complete loss. A pity.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 10, 2022, 09:55:49 pm »

So, we're agreed that we're all shooting Toaster because he has an unfair advantage, right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 10, 2022, 09:57:36 pm »

Clearly I should win because I killed the first webadict, being the one least hesitant to follow the directions in the game's title.

Which is to say, I guess. I clearly can't outthink you. I'm just going to go down as a roleplayer.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 10, 2022, 09:59:36 pm »

OK, glad we're agreed. Toasty, you can expect your pity-corsage to arrive in the mail in 8-10 business days.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 10, 2022, 10:18:45 pm »

I'm no longer the Webadict, so I win!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 10, 2022, 10:53:37 pm »

Okay.... we have an odd number of bullets.  The trick is resolving that; once it's gone, we should be just fine.

Scenarios involving three survivors are trivial; A B C all shoot D who defends with all bullets and dies from MASSIVE DAMAGE.  But that's not good enough.

Webadict:  What if a player starts a round with no bullets and no one shoots them?  Do they survive?  What if two+ players end up without bullets?
In the event of a tie or no clear Winner, Toaster Wins, by virtue of killing the most recent Webadict.
That's a problem for any "everybody wins" solutions.

Anyone notice the Player colors in the first post? Jack flipped AW and Superdorf flipped Webadict or Webadict-sided. Superdorf's flip also has the same highlighting and color as Toaster. I know Superdorf changed alignments to side with Webadict, but he shouldn't be THE Webadict right?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 10, 2022, 10:56:43 pm »

For this new Round:

Egan got the red Pro-Webadict color.
Toaster got the yellow Webadict color.
I got the green Anti-Webadict color.
Vector got the blue Anti-Anti-Webadict color.

All of these colors make reasonable sense for each Player. Vector could have become AAW for example.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 10, 2022, 11:02:05 pm »

And of course, blue has certain other implications. Perhaps Vector is already the only one alive?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 10, 2022, 11:13:01 pm »

Blue in my paintbrush system stands for Death. Red stands for Life. I didn't try with yellow or green.

Did you guys notice the drop shadow for Toaster?

Maybe we should try to shoot Helia again?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 10, 2022, 11:23:44 pm »

Oh yeah I can say this now:

I was converted to Pro-Webadict when Egan targeted Vector on N1. Me and Vector were Anti-Webadict at the start of the game and thus town, but only for D1 unfortunately.

Egan, I can't believe you not only outed yourself on D1, but also converted who you said you would! And it gets better, on your actual death you resurrected the town player TolyK! I can't believe you actually res'd TolyK, what was the thought process there? I could at least see the mind games of "maybe I didn't actually convert the masons", but I don't think it was a good idea to claim cult leader on D1 nor to resurrect a non-cult player. It made things harder for us. I still feel bad for town - having been town - but it's frustrating.

@Mod:
Can we shoot and defend with bullets on the same round? How many Players are valid targets?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 10, 2022, 11:42:19 pm »

@Mod:
Can we shoot and defend with bullets on the same round? How many Players are valid targets?
Yes you may! As many Players as you'd like!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 11, 2022, 01:25:02 am »

See, if you shoot me first, whoever lands the killing blow is going to gain the Tiebreaker, leaving you with the same problem as before.

Webadict:  Right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 11, 2022, 08:15:38 am »

See, if you shoot me first, whoever lands the killing blow is going to gain the Tiebreaker, leaving you with the same problem as before.

Webadict:  Right?
Mostly, yes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 11, 2022, 09:23:04 am »

Okay, gang, is there a way out of this one or are we going to have to play it straight?  See D1; my first instinct is "everyone wins" but if that's off the table we should just play it straight.

Thoughts?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 11, 2022, 11:45:52 am »

@Mod:
Yes you may! As many Players as you'd like!
It's hard to follow, who are the Players I can shoot?

Okay, gang, is there a way out of this one or are we going to have to play it straight?  See D1; my first instinct is "everyone wins" but if that's off the table we should just play it straight.

Thoughts?
What would have happened if the Webadict won the Game and not a multiple Player faction?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82