Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82]

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 50614 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over
« Reply #1215 on: January 13, 2022, 04:49:10 pm »

It's more the other way around. The game was the battle royale, the Game was mafia.

But yes, basically. Everyone wins was a self-defeating concept.

The private chats were hosted on a Discord server - quicktopic's defunct these days, unfortunately. I'm sure someone can get you a link.

My personal assessment is that this was less a game and more an experience. Much like KYOSN in the days of yore. There were rules, and objectives, but really this was just something you watched happen from the sidelines, even as a player. Fun, but not typical mafia.

But it was advertised as a bastard game, so... fair's fair.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 13, 2022, 05:16:31 pm »

GG, congrats Toony, very well played. And thanks for modding Web, I genuinely had fun with this game, even though I was confused through almost all of it lol.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 13, 2022, 05:40:30 pm »

We also didn't know that there would be a battle royale where only one could win. You can tell even our Finalists we're confused about that.
Web or Meph should make the discords public.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 13, 2022, 05:51:08 pm »

I'm not sure how permanent Discord chats are, so I would suggest some other way as well.

For example, you could just copy stuff directly from Discord and it looks reasonable.

Spoiler: From Dead Chat (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 13, 2022, 06:26:10 pm »

I don't mind sharing after this is over.
I guess I can share now.

My reads:

Toaster:
It's unfortunate that Toaster forgot to submit an action. I predicted that their best course of action would be to defend themselves with 12 bullets, as this would always beat one of us from shooting him. And Toaster was the most likely to be shot at, so this would guarantee their survival and leave them with 1 bullet left still. This action would only lose to nobody shooting at Toaster. Toaster died because they Sustained, but I'm not sure if anyone actually shot at him.

Egan:
I didn't think they were going to shoot anyone. Didn't matter what they did. I assume they died because they defended themselves with a number of bullets and were not shot at by anybody.

Vector:
I felt that Vector was the most likely to shoot a player, and as long as that player wasn't me then I could likely survive the round. I thought it would be very unlikely we would go to a Round 3 so I fired E L E V E N bullets at Vector so that I would have one bullet left if a Round 2 happened. Defending myself with any bullets was asking for me to die because it was likely nobody would shoot me, but I also had to use enough bullets to make me confident I wouldn't die to a defending player. Vector would kill me if they defended with 11 or 12 bullets, which I thought was possible but still the best course of action for me to take. I don't know what Vector actually did but it wasn't that.

In conclusion:
all

want

Tune

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 13, 2022, 07:14:37 pm »

My eyes open, alive, unshrouded by illusions, I see the attacks coming and defend myself by an appropriate amount.

Well, that's what I did. I assume I died for the same reason as toaster, no actual orders. Though I suppose it's also possible that this actually worked but I died from nobody attacking me and me refusing to attack.
I told you that I'd go down roleplaying.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 13, 2022, 10:18:51 pm »

I shot Egan 4 times and defended for 7, shot webby for 1.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 18, 2022, 01:43:47 pm »

So, I tried manually copying the chats... no way, that definitely won't work. Discord limits the text it shows at one time, so you would have to go more or less screen-by-screen...  :'(

There's bots that do this, but I haven't tested any, so YMMV: https://discordbotlist.com/bots/chat-archive-bot
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82]