Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 53526 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill The Other Webadicts Now - You Are The Only Webadict
« Reply #1200 on: January 11, 2022, 03:42:03 pm »

@Mod:
Can we shoot and defend with bullets on the same round? How many Players are valid targets?
Yes you may! As many Players as you'd like!
It's hard to follow, who are the Players I can shoot?
If you wanna shoot dead Players, who am I to stop you? Shoot anyone you want. Shoot me, even! The rules stay the same. There are only four living Players, them being Egan_BW, Toaster, ToonyMan, and Vector.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 11, 2022, 05:23:43 pm »

@Mod:
Can we shoot and defend with bullets on the same round? How many Players are valid targets?
If you wanna shoot dead Players, who am I to stop you? Shoot anyone you want. Shoot me, even! The rules stay the same. There are only four living Players, them being Egan_BW, Toaster, ToonyMan, and Vector.
Who are you? It says we can only shoot Players though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 11, 2022, 05:32:51 pm »

@Mod:
Who are you? It says we can only shoot Players though.
True. If you send your shot towards me, I'll assume it was meant for yourself. It'd be a waste.

Do you think this is a puzzle? That you can Win together? You cannot. While you may all be winners, only one of you will be the Winner. That is all there is to say.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 11, 2022, 08:35:49 pm »

Do you think this is a puzzle? That you can Win together? You cannot. While you may all be winners, only one of you will be the Winner. That is all there is to say.

Say it in blue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 11, 2022, 08:44:16 pm »

Defend xFOO where FOO = how many bullets I'm being attacked by +1.

While remaining bullets >FOO: where FOO = number of bullets [PLAYER] is defending with +1.
[PLAYER] xFOO
Next Player.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 11, 2022, 08:45:29 pm »

Unvote for correction:

Defend xFOO where FOO = how many bullets I'm being attacked by from a single source +1.

While remaining bullets >FOO: where FOO = number of bullets [PLAYER] is defending with +1.
[PLAYER] xFOO
Next Player.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 11, 2022, 09:03:03 pm »

Say it in blue.
If you don't shoot, you'll die. There can only be one among you who is the most loved and cherished.

How else could you resolve such a conflict? Voting? You'd Choose yourselves. There must be a means to an end. The Losers cannot Choose. That is your job. That's what winning gets you. More responsibilities. More Choices.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 12, 2022, 05:27:45 pm »

Two and a half hours to decide. Better send in your Choices!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 12, 2022, 05:48:16 pm »

Okay, fine.

My brain power can only go so far. I've already died once anyway.

*checks ammo*

I would describe how I think everybody is going to play this, but I don't want to influence anyone's decisions that far. I don't mind sharing after this is over. If this is over. Is it over?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 12, 2022, 09:45:50 pm »

The four of them stood there, eying their competition. Toaster holds up a single golden bullet, loading it into his gun before slamming the chamber shut. Egan_BW, the dimming light of the red sun behind them, counts their competitors again and again. ToonyMan, already holding both of his pistols, spins his guns with reckless abandon. Vector takes a more defensive position, holding their profile sideways with one eye on the other three.

A lone vulture caws in the skies above, circling the battlefield.

"We don't have to fight this. We can call me the Winner here and simply let the game go. We all won, after all." Toaster holds up his hands in clear, if somewhat mocking, surrender. "Nobody else has to die."

"Agree to disagree, Toasty. Can't let ya get away with that. Ya see, you and I know that this Win business ain't big enough for the four of us." Vector tilts their head. "I mean, why not just finish yourself off right here and now to save us the trouble?"

Egan_BW shakes their head. "Ah, c'mon, Veckle. You're telling me you want to play His game? That's just what he wants!"

ToonyMan stops spinning his guns. "Yeah, we don't need to play this game at all. I'm all for truce here."

Toaster nods in agreement. "See? Look at that. Happily ever af-"

A gunshot rings out. webadict steps out from a nearby building, holding a smoking gun. "I told you. There will be a Winner. You Chose this. You all did. No peace. No games. No nothing. We're CHOOSING A WINNER." webadict aims the gun at Vector. "Who are you shooting?"

Another shot rings out, this time from Vector. webadict falls. "You."

Egan_BW shakes their head. "See? We're good now. He's dead!" But Egan_BW only watches as the ToonyMan opens fire on Vector.

Vector sidesteps the first two shots as the third clips the edge of the building they hide behind. "Pretty quick to change your Tune."

"Obviously."

"Sure you wouldn't want to take out Egan_BW instead?" Vector fires back a few shots.

"Nah. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna fire at me."

"That's not true. I'll know exactly when the right time to strike is."

The other two participants look at Egan_BW. Egan_BW then reaches into their pocket before dropping all of their bullets on the ground. They move to pick it up, dusting the ground for the lost ammunition.

Vector hesitates a bit before shooting them.

"Wow."

"Oh, like you're any better?!" Two more bullets fly by, splintering the corner. Vector rolls out, firing every bullet they have.

Vector looks, perhaps incredulously, at the unharmed ToonyMan in front of them. ToonyMan, too, appreciates the lack of hits on him, patting his chest. "Huh."

And then he shoots Vector in the face.

Round and Game Over. ToonyMan is the Winner.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over
« Reply #1210 on: January 12, 2022, 10:22:30 pm »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 12, 2022, 11:19:24 pm »

*clap clap clap*

Congrats.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 13, 2022, 05:16:09 am »

Cold and calculated, mostly, it seems.

Congrats!

Also, we've discussed this in dead chat, but... webadict, WTF?  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 13, 2022, 01:52:21 pm »

E L E V E N
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 13, 2022, 04:00:30 pm »

I'm assuming that The Game is now truly over, so observers can now speak.

How do observers gain access to the dead/Pro-Webadict/Anti-Anti-Webadict chat?

Also, let me see if I understand the gimmick. The winners of the game (mafia) goes onto The Game (battle royale). All alignment does is determine who are the winners of the game. So if "everyone wins" the game (by having everyone die at the same time that webadict dies), then everyone gets the chance to play The Game. But only one person could be the Winner of The Game...no matter what. So an "everyone wins" result is self-defeating, which is why many people chose instead to aim for their exclusive win conditions. Is that essentially what happened here?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:03:24 pm by Skynet »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82