Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Fikuk Urdim, "The Field of Towers" - Appeasing Elves with Artifical Tree Towers  (Read 10513 times)

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile

Completed my turn, going to post a nice big writeup soontm along with the save.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I caught part of the stream, it seemed you were having FPS issues... sorry about that this map is kind of a beast. if we work on clearing the trees out we might help the issues slightly.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile

I caught part of the stream, it seemed you were having FPS issues... sorry about that this map is kind of a beast. if we work on clearing the trees out we might help the issues slightly.
It started out fine, so I'm really worried that my magma shenanegans somehow may have cursed the map even more.
My tower is done early winter so I'm going to put up the save and donate the extra time to whoever is next.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15818

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile

I have decided to make a very tall tower right here.

image where

Also, it's time for magma.

image magmatime

Humans... came to siege? I'll just send the army after them.

image kill humans

It worked, we won.

image wewon

Something is missing. I don't care.

image missing

They say I need to connect undeground... fine!

below1
below2
below3
below4

I should also make a secret doomsday machine...

image lever1
image lever2

Oh my, is that a forest fire? How random and unrelated to secret doomsday machines.

image fire

Some beast showed up. I hope that doesn't become a problem.

image beast1

My tower is complete. It is very tall. I am going to make it go all the way down now... you found a what? And ADAMANTINE?

image cav1
image adamantine

Dead bodies keep turning up in my undertower.

image deads

Another beast, another hopefully not my problem.

image beast2

It appears my undertower will go just past a magma channel. I could choose to make this someone else's problem, but that seems drastic.

image channelmagma

I will wall it off wherever the magma would be too much of a problem. I have no qualms about spilling some magma into the caves. That should help solve a problem.

image underwall shits

The doomsday machine was moderately effective

image ashy

I think we have a problem.

image drink cancel

Oh, it set itself on fire? I guess it'll solve itself... on second thought I'll send the military.
What? Two of them just died in a fire...? Umm... finish sealing it in and then drop magma on it!

The magma flows, and we have a report that the forgotten beast is beating a crundle to death with a shoe.

image shoe?

We need a way to deactivate this. I'm going to mangle part of the underground because it's not a tower and if it's not a tower that means property rights don't apply. I'm doing this to prevent magma from flowing everywhere, dammit!

image mangle

I can hear a couple of dwarves trapped in some cave crying out for help because they want food. Too bad.

We've redirected the flow of magma into a drain.

redire1
redir2

The channel is walled off! I'll add a bridge later so this can be toggled, but this is good progress.

channelwall

TODO: upload and add images

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

Just re-read this. Sal, you made a hell of a community fort. This was a fun one.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just re-read this. Sal, you made a hell of a community fort. This was a fun one.

I agree haha, I wanted this one to last longer but I ran into some IRL bs and failed to push it forward like I had planned. . . and forgot it even existed. maybe I should just play another turn? hmmm

technically, anyone could. anyone. including YOU over there, yes YOU. I see YOU looking at this fortress, wondering if YOU could make a glorious tower to some god or cult or golden snake or whatever. I bet YOU could.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 05:13:38 pm by Salmeuk »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]