Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [50.01] Rapo Fortress v2.0.0 - A Drawn to Life Mod  (Read 4024 times)

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
[50.01] Rapo Fortress v2.0.0 - A Drawn to Life Mod
« on: December 25, 2021, 01:35:49 pm »

Rapo Fortress - v2.0.0 [50.01]

NOT AN OFFICIAL DRAWN TO LIFE PRODUCT. NOT APPROVED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH THQ, AGATSUMA, OR 505 GAMES.

This mod adds unique creatures, civilizations, plants, and materials from Drawn to Life and its 2 sequels with the same name, "Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter", on the DS and Wii, as well as Drawn to Life: Two Realms.

DFFD Download Link Here

Steam Workshop Download (includes graphics!) Link Here

Changelog Link Here

This mod was created with the help of the Dwarf Fortress RAW language server extension, which I recommend to anyone wanting to make Dwarf Fortress mods, either for the first time or as a veteran.

Content
Raposa: civilized creatures that greatly resemble humans, but whose bodies are covered in fur everywhere except their faces, and who possess long upright ears.
  • Village Raposa: a raposa civilization type based off the original raposa village from the first game; similar to humans "plains" civilizations, but with more mellow/peaceful ethics and a worship of art and creation.
  • Mine Raposa: a playable raposa civilization type based off "Lavasteam" from the DS sequel. Like the village rapo civ, but based off dwarves instead of humans (and slightly more ethically dubious than village raposa). Very much into mining, wealth, and magma; they'd feel right at home with the dwarves on that front.
Ice Dragons: it's Frostwind! Flying, limbless blue dragons that breathe out sharp icicles. They are semi-megabeasts associated with strength, mountains, and chaos.

Banya: a crop similar to wheat, though right now it has no special connection to raposa civs, it's just another crop in the world.

Banya Crystals: semi-opaque and blue crystals that grow in clusters, they are quite valuable, and... Edible?

Planned Content

I don't have a specific list drawn up (pun not intended), but overall I'd like to get as many of these as I can faithfully implemented, starting with Baki:
Also, at some point in the distant future, maybe graphics that are actually good.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 01:58:59 pm by Mr Crabman »

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rapo Fortress - A Drawn to Life Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 12:19:45 pm »

[reserved]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 02:01:06 pm by Mr Crabman »

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 12:20:42 pm »

[reserved]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 02:01:11 pm by Mr Crabman »

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 12:21:10 pm »

[reserved] just in case

Sorry about the bumps to anyone reading this thinking there may have been an update!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 02:01:15 pm by Mr Crabman »