Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The horns (and hearts)  (Read 1424 times)

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The horns (and hearts)
« on: December 13, 2021, 08:44:20 am »

So, I'm making a mod which adds new reactions, the reaction uses a heart of a creature and a horn of a creature, as well as debug-cheats to give the heart of creature and a horn (creature in question is unicorn).

I'm done with making a heart part, in reaction/product it uses item token :MEAT:NONE and in material token :CREATURE_MAT:UNICORN:HEART] and so far everything is good... but when it comes to horns I don't know which item token to use so that produced horn-thing would be exact same as the butchering gives, and adding to that using material token :CREATURE_MAT:UNICORN:HORN] still allows the use of heart for some reason (heart+heart instead of heart+horn) and vice versa (before I had a genius idea of adding :MEAT:NONE: item token, thou I suspect that any meat-type thing of a unicorn can be used for heart ingredient, which is also an issue) instead of heart+horn I can also make horn+horn.
Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong and what item token to use for horn?
I bet even Armok can't make and anvil without having one already, the true god is Anvil, and Armok is just a mere pawn in it's wicked game, a slave whose sole purpose is to make and destroy worlds for his superiors amusement...
EDIT: Forget the anvil, you can't mine ore without pickaxe therefore you can't make neither anvil or pickaxe.

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Example
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 09:10:05 am »

Example:
Reaction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cheats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I bet even Armok can't make and anvil without having one already, the true god is Anvil, and Armok is just a mere pawn in it's wicked game, a slave whose sole purpose is to make and destroy worlds for his superiors amusement...
EDIT: Forget the anvil, you can't mine ore without pickaxe therefore you can't make neither anvil or pickaxe.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: The horns (and hearts)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 10:49:16 am »

Going off the wiki, I suppose you require USE_BODY_COMPONENT and could also try CORPSEPIECE:NONE and ANY_HORN_MATERIAL.

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 11:51:09 am »

Thanks, I will try using [ANY_HORN_MATERIAL] in a horn reagent, but I highly doubt others will help. I tried CORPSEPIECE:NONE before, and as wiki states you cannot choose a material for it (it does not works, the game crashes), which means that you cant cheat that in, and the butchering yields are perceived as pieces of corps only logically by us human, game sees it as a "resource which is originated from a craft, using that creature corpse, so I'll add a prefix "unicorn" to that (meat=unicorn-meat, bone=unicorn-bone)", or at least that is how I explain that to myself. Thanks again, I somehow missed [ANY_HORN_MATERIAL]! Since I'm using "any" horn material, I guess I can cheat in a "bar" of horn?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 11:55:01 am by Demandro »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 06:06:38 pm »

For the horn, you can define a reaction class in the unicorn raws and just use that to define the reagent.

Something like this (after [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]):
Code: [Select]
[REACTION_CLASS:UNICORN_HORN]

and then the reagent for the reaction can be something like this:
[REAGENT:horn:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[USE_BODY_COMPONENT][REACTION_CLASS:UNICORN_HORN][UNROTTEN]

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DELETED
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 08:05:25 pm »

DELETED
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 08:07:01 pm by Demandro »

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 08:06:26 pm »

Thanks, brewer bob, but I forgot to mention that I don't want to change "vanilla/default" raws, so that it would be easier to get rid of mods and so that there wouldn't be any conflicts between different mods, unless there is some way to change creature data without tinkering with original .txt file which I don't know about, like what creature variations do, but instead of making a new "species" we would modify an existing ones (using a separate .txt file of course).
For the horn, you can define a reaction class in the unicorn raws and just use that to define the reagent.

Something like this (after [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]):
[REACTION_CLASS:UNICORN_HORN]

and then the reagent for the reaction can be something like this:
[REAGENT:horn:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[USE_BODY_COMPONENT][REACTION_CLASS:UNICORN_HORN][UNROTTEN]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 08:14:36 pm by Demandro »