Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: CARDQUEST [7 / 7] - Turn 2: First Blood  (Read 7834 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CARDQUEST - It's One Of Those Loot Games [7 / 7]
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2021, 09:42:30 pm »

(I'm afraid I sent my order through PM)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: CARDQUEST - It's One Of Those Loot Games [7 / 7]
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2021, 12:51:23 am »

Slowly, you all stumble to your feet. You look at the world through a slightly grey haze - a spherical barrier around each of you, individually.

"Contestants! This marks the beginning of your time in our game of cards and treasures. Now, you shall fight for your place at the top, or you shall suffer the consequences of your cowardice!"

"For those of you who have been unfruitful in your creation efforts - you may replace your treasures with a sharpened bronze dagger, if you so choose. Consider this a move of pity! In future trials, this option will not be available to you."

You tense in anticipation. Even with the haze you can see other bubbles, similar to your own. Six others in the same situation you are. The voice continues.

"In your archaic tongue, this challenge, the first of many, would be known as... king of the hill. I have crafted for you an arena!"

There is no sky, only a black void with a glowing orb of white to illuminate everything.

There is no grass, only a crumbly black dirt.

There is no horizon, only a circle of red-leaved, excessively thorny trees surrounding this clearing.

"In this game, there will be challenges and eliminations! Now is your time to be challenged - and those who fail will find themselves in position to be eliminated, should they slip! And elimination... is your demise."

There is only a dire certainty in his tone.

"I shall ensure that none of your deaths outside the elimination are final - you may fight to injure and kill each other as you please."

The certainty sharpens to an edge.

You may die.

"In this arena, there are three raised platforms!"

You can see them now. Each one is made of some sleek, metallic material, and is circular. They are not large, however. Each one is perhaps two meters in diameter. You map them out in your mind, and they form the points of an equilateral triangle within this arena. The first of them is red, the second blue, and the third green.

"Each platform will depart at a different time! If you are the sole person standing upon it when it exits, you will be carried to safety at that time. If you are not... there will be no safety. And should you claim no platform solely for yourself, you will be vulnerable to elimination. Your final demise."

"The red platform will leave when [three turns] have passed! The blue platform will leave when [five turns] have passed! Finally, the green platform will leave when [eight turns] have passed! Should you leave on the red or blue platforms, you will be rewarded appropriately!"

"I shall allow you the time to plan your approach and decide whether or not you wish to take the dagger of pity for yourself - and that will be all the mercy I grant you."

(Next turn, Turn 0, the barriers around you all will drop and you'll get to see the other contestants and the naked-eye look at what items they have brought with them. You may then submit your actions. Until then, feel free to plan - and decide whether you wish to take your host's offer of a weapon, if your generation was unsuccessful.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: CARDQUEST [7 / 7] - Introduction: King Of The 'Hill'
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2021, 09:50:13 am »

"This is bullshit, and you're dead."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2021, 09:56:02 am »

"This is bullshit, and you're dead."

Amon tilts his head. "Are you talking to me? I would hold my tongue if I were you. Wouldn’t want it to get cut off."

Amon laughs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2021, 09:57:25 am »

"Why would you assume that? Got a crack in your skull?"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2021, 10:00:07 am »

"Why would you assume that? Got a crack in your skull?"

"I’m afraid I don’t get the joke, Perhaps it would help if what you said was actually funny and not just sad and pitiful."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2021, 10:00:52 am »

(I just realized I’m having a roast battle with someone I can’t even see.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2021, 10:05:46 am »

"What the Hell are you talking about!? Quit fooling around, this is serious!"

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2021, 10:19:08 am »

"What the Hell are you talking about!? Quit fooling around, this is serious!"

Is it really? People used to fight to the death in a gladiator arena for entertainment. How is this different? It’s a game. Have FUN!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2021, 11:41:48 am »

"I simply warn all of you to stay out of my way, lest you face something worse than death."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2021, 12:26:30 pm »

"I simply warn all of you to stay out of my way, lest you face something worse than death."

Blah, I’m emo, blah blah blah blah

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: CARDQUEST - It's One Of Those Loot Games [0 / 7]
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2021, 12:50:34 pm »

"As long as I believe in the heart of the cards there is no way I can lose!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2021, 01:04:36 pm »

"What the fuck is wrong with you all!? We're going to die and you don't even care!"

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2021, 02:51:26 pm »

"What the fuck is wrong with you all!? We're going to die and you don't even care!"

If we all don’t care, but you do, doesn’t that make you the abnormal one?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2021, 03:18:07 pm »

"I get to make fun stuff, win incredible prizes. Did I mention cool stuff? May be painful, but it's the fun type of pain."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8