Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The interactions  (Read 1316 times)

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The interactions
« on: December 16, 2021, 02:54:16 pm »

So, the wiki hasn't a lot  of information on interactions. I mean, it's something, but it could be better. So, I have one major, but dumb question: do I put the interaction file in "interaction examples" folder, "objects" or as far as DF is concerned it wont care in which folder (if any) you place your files as long as they are in "raw" in general?
I mean, so far I was making races, creatures, languages, recipes and materials and all of them are in one same folder, so without thinking much I do the same what vanilla files do, place files in "df(what_ever_version)/raw/objects" and everything just works. But when it comes to interactions I'm untrained, smooth-chin, lesser than a peasant dwarf.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 03:00:29 pm by Demandro »
I bet even Armok can't make and anvil without having one already, the true god is Anvil, and Armok is just a mere pawn in it's wicked game, a slave whose sole purpose is to make and destroy worlds for his superiors amusement...
EDIT: Forget the anvil, you can't mine ore without pickaxe therefore you can't make neither anvil or pickaxe.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: The interactions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 03:15:53 pm »

Object. "examples" are just that, they aren't read by the game when the raws are loaded.

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The interactions
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 03:34:52 pm »

Object. "examples" are just that, they aren't read by the game when the raws are loaded.
Short and straight to the point, thanks!
I bet even Armok can't make and anvil without having one already, the true god is Anvil, and Armok is just a mere pawn in it's wicked game, a slave whose sole purpose is to make and destroy worlds for his superiors amusement...
EDIT: Forget the anvil, you can't mine ore without pickaxe therefore you can't make neither anvil or pickaxe.