Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Panopticotheon OOC [10/10]  (Read 6546 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon OOC [9/???]
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2021, 10:50:48 am »

Probably tomorrow or Friday.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon OOC [9/10]
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2021, 11:58:32 am »

Changes:
  • Added 3d6 section
  • Added creation modification/direct destruction mechanics under §Acts and Costs

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2021, 08:50:30 pm »

I’m not even gonna lie, I know this is a game and I shouldn’t take it personally, but this is actually kinda starting to piss me off.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2021, 08:55:58 pm »

I’m not even gonna lie, I know this is a game and I shouldn’t take it personally, but this is actually kinda starting to piss me off.
What in the fuck did you expect? Really look back on what you are doing.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2021, 09:11:52 pm »

What in the fuck did you expect? Really look back on what you are doing.

Acting on my passion like everyone else in the fucking game? Maybe if you would just tell me why you were so angry like a normal person instead of being such a bitch I would understand where you were coming from. “Oh noes, someone is changing my thing I spent all my fictional turn to make, how could this be” I’m not trying to get into a argument with someone over a game, but I just want you to know, you’re kinda a asshole dude.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 09:16:34 pm by Knightwing64 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2021, 09:15:06 pm »

nods. Corruption in doses is perfectly fine. I just attacked it cause C 'thun triggering Twi's fear. What's Shinka's excuse?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2021, 09:23:14 pm »

Acting on my passion like everyone else in the fucking game? Maybe if you would just tell me why you were so angry like a normal person instead of being such a bitch? I’m not trying to get into a argument with someone over a game, but I just want you to know, you’re kinda a asshole dude.
I'm not angry in the slightest. I'm just playing the game normally. Did you think everyone would just be okay with you trying to subvert their stuff? Christ, in Ye Titans, we all teamed up and murdered TricMagic just for inconsiderate worldbuilding.

What's Shinka's excuse?
Why do I need an excuse to protect my interests? I don't want everything to be corrupted and twisted to someone else's intent, so I made a thing to help prevent that.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2021, 09:26:54 pm »

Exactly. How would you feel if I was the god of pacifism or something, and I decided I didn’t like the fact that competition requires violence and stopped every action you took. You would be angry, yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2021, 09:28:56 pm »

Exactly. How would you feel if I was the god of pacifism or something, and I decided I didn’t like the fact that competition requires violence and stopped every action you took. You would be angry, yes?
No, things like that don't bother me in the slightest. I'm a very calm person.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2021, 09:30:39 pm »

Acting on my passion like everyone else in the fucking game? Maybe if you would just tell me why you were so angry like a normal person instead of being such a bitch? I’m not trying to get into a argument with someone over a game, but I just want you to know, you’re kinda a asshole dude.
I'm not angry in the slightest. I'm just playing the game normally. Did you think everyone would just be okay with you trying to subvert their stuff? Christ, in Ye Titans, we all teamed up and murdered TricMagic just for inconsiderate worldbuilding.

What's Shinka's excuse?
Why do I need an excuse to protect my interests? I don't want everything to be corrupted and twisted to someone else's intent, so I made a thing to help prevent that.

PROTECTING your interests? YOU MADE JACK SHIT WHEN I DID THAT. Nothing would have even happened to you. If anything, you should be on my side. Corruption brings violence which brings competition which is ONE OF YOUR SPHERES

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2021, 09:31:40 pm »

1. In-character, the Faceless Prince is explicitly against cognitohazards. It's their mechanical Fear, so they will take what actions they feel they need to to prevent them from showing up. Furthermore, as a knowledge and trade god... well, anything that drives people insane rather limits their ability to both learn and to interact with others in a functional manner, therefore tanking his influence among mortals.

2. Out-of-character, you are not the first to try to drive everything insane and under your control, and frankly, it is an archetype that I have become exceedingly tired of. It's not fun to play against such people, as you basically have to decide between letting them do their stuff without interference (in which case you end up losing assets from the passive addiction/madness/whatever effects they set up everywhere), or spend a bunch of your resources stopping them from doing that (less risky, but expensive).

EDIT:
What's Shinka's excuse?
PROTECTING your interests? YOU MADE JACK SHIT WHEN I DID THAT. Nothing would have even happened to you. If anything, you should be on my side. Corruption brings violence which brings competition which is ONE OF YOUR SPHERES
The stuff you're setting up is persistent. It doesn't matter if somebody doesn't have stuff around when you do it; countering your stuff is pretty much essential to making sure that you can ever definitely have anything in the material world.
Also, if I'm not forgetting, you specifically said that the insanity twists people to your end. Also, insanity and violence are very much not the same thing, and frankly, in reality, most insane people are more likely to be the victims of violence than the perpetrators. So no, Spin does not really have a particular reason to be on your side unless they want to be.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 09:35:19 pm by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2021, 09:34:58 pm »

You don't think I have future plans?

I'm allowed to be on whatever side I want. Lots of things can "bring competition" and I am not obligated to support them unthinkingly. I had already committed to playing this game with an alignment toward civilization, anyway.

Look, do you not see how you're being hypocritical? You were the one who started touching other people's stuff first. And, indeed, that's allowed in the game, and it's allowed when I do it too. Calm down.

Incidentally, you know, when I've played less beneficent beings, I have been in the situation where other players, needless to say, tried to protect their stuff from me. I didn't get mad about it, I just came up with cleverer ways to mess with them.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2021, 09:35:44 pm »

Really? Is nobody on my side in this?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2021, 09:39:50 pm »

Well, Gibeele's lovely work of art is there to be admired, not to drive the cute little creatures mad. Which would be quite anathema if the flavor of madness happened to be "mental slavery to the gods". Which it was, in that case. Gibeele would prefer to make it a nice kind of madness, like [TRANCES] for DF dwarves, but if I can just undo it and get  paid for it, that's fine.

The galaxy of undoing mutation thing is problematic, though. Because mutation is in my spheres and knightwing's spheres, so its absence from the setting will cut our worship in half. I was hoping to be a wholesome parasite on the great old one worship, but I guess we might just both die out instead.
And probably Shinka too, because the thing also inhibits their spheres.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2021, 09:41:55 pm »

Really? Is nobody on my side in this?
No, not really. Sorry, Knightwing, but you've been abrasive and arrogant, and you've acted like you should be able to do whatever you want and that others shouldn't be allowed to stop you - and while the first is true, the latter is not. We're all allowed to do what we want; if what we want is to remove your stuff, we can do that, just as you're able to create your stuff in the first place as well as protect it when threatened.

Basically, the crux of the issue is that you're trying to create wide-ranging corruption effects - be they on stuff that is explicitly other players' stuff or set up so that it will be affecting the many mortals that we will eventually be competing over - and that's naturally something that a lot of other people are going to be opposed to. Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 09:46:56 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8