Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Citizen of Rome  (Read 2530 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Citizen of Rome
« on: December 19, 2021, 02:39:17 am »

You are a citizen of the city of Rome, can you rise to the be the leader of Rome or will you setup you descendants to be in position to become leaders of Rome. The choice is yours. We now need to figure out when in Rome’s history you are:
a) The Early City State
b) The Republic Era
c) the Imperial Era

Also what is your social class:
1) Slave(the best you can do is freedman)
2) Freedman(this is the best you will be able to do, your children will be born freemen)
3) Plebeian
4) Equestrian
5) Senator(must be in the Republic Era or later)
6) Patrician(not available in the Imperial Era)

This game will be mostly free-form and will end when your character dies without an heir, if your character dies with an heir(s) you can choose to play as one or end the game. The mechanics will be light with more of a historical look at Roman life through the eyes of the average citizen. Your choices can make a difference on how history plays out.

Before you ask no you cannot start as a historical character, you could discover said characters in your play-through though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 02:43:35 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Citizen of Rome
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 02:48:21 am »

A6, we are Publius Valerius "Brassicarum," the locally famous owner of a cabbage farm.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 02:53:03 am »

A6, we are Publius Valerius "Brassicarum," the locally famous owner of a cabbage farm.
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 03:31:28 am »

Surely it should be Brassicarius?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 03:49:15 am »

+1,  except Brassicarius instead of Brassicarum.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 08:28:46 am »

+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 08:52:29 am »

+1
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 10:09:32 am »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2021, 12:53:57 pm »

You are Publius of the Patricain family of Valerius, though you go by Brassicarius. You are a cabbage farmer, you wanted nothing to do with nobility and all that and had become a dedecus familiae. The year is LIV(54) AVC(700 BC) and your XXVth birthday is coming up and you realize maybe just maybe you might do something different this year.

Spring is here and with it the planting must start soon if you are to get a good harvest this year. You have II herediums(equivalent to 1.248 acres) of land and plenty of seed stock for cabbage. During the years of the kings there wasn't much of a money system it was more a bargaining system.

What is the name of your farm?

choose 2 actions:
-You do not have a wife or heir, this need to be corrected.
--from the plebeians(60% chance of getting married this season)
--let your father arrange some choices for you(20% chance of getting father approved choices for marriage this season to be chosen next season)

-You do not have any help maintaining your farm maybe you should hire help.
--some Plebs can help(d6 workers)
--some slaves would be nice(d10 workers)
--maybe your family could part with some of their workers(5% chance to get d20 workers)

-Plant cabbage seeds and maintain the farm

-write in

I will give you some prompts that are relevant for you so you can choose to do them or not, you can only do so much in a season. If there are any question ask away.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:19:42 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2021, 04:13:47 pm »

Run the farm, and buy some slaves. As a Roman citizen and Patrician, it is obvious that I should become economically settled before looking for a wife.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2021, 04:24:25 pm »

Run the farm, and buy some slaves. As a Roman citizen and Patrician, it is obvious that I should become economically settled before looking for a wife.
+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2021, 06:26:33 pm »

On the one hand, it might be a good idea to have our family start looking for a wife since it could take some time. On the other hand, the cabbages are calling.
+1
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2021, 08:15:03 pm »

On the one hand, it might be a good idea to have our family start looking for a wife since it could take some time. On the other hand, the cabbages are calling.
+1
+1
+1
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2021, 09:44:35 pm »

You are Publius of the Patricain family of Valerius, though you go by Brassicarius. You decide that it is a good idea to start planting and running the farm. Halfway though planting you realize that having some help would be a good idea. So you go purchase some slaves, unfortunately you were only able to get 1 slave, this probably had something to do with not having enough funds to get more. You will have to figure out how to get more funds as your family might not give you any. With the help of your lave you finished planting the cabbages and maintain the farm the rest of the season. Your harvest was nice this season with a crop of about 2,125 modius(each worth 2 libra of bronze).

Summer is here and with it the planting of cabbage is not a good idea. You have II herediums(equivalent to 1.248 acres) of land 4,250 libra of bronze worth of cabbage, now to sell it and do something with the money. You have 1 slave(can not work alone).

Do you wish to name your farm, if so what?

choose 2 actions:
-You do not have a wife or heir, this need to be corrected.
--from the plebeians(60% chance of getting married this season)
--let your father arrange some choices for you(20% chance of getting father approved choices for marriage this season to be chosen next season)

-You could do with having more help maintaining your farm maybe you should hire help.
--some Plebs can help(d6 workers)(25 libra of bronze per season per pleb)
--some slaves would be nice(d10 workers)(3d100 libra of bronze per)
--maybe your family could part with some of their workers(5% chance to get d20 workers)(favors to the family)

-Sell cabbages and make purchases
--write in what you are buying(if anything)

-maintain the farm

-write in

Bad roll on slaves, ok roll on cabbage crop and price.
Also I hope to update at least once a day.

Edit: I update the pricing to be more accurate for the time.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 10:51:41 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Pages: [1] 2 3