Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 20234 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]
« on: December 19, 2021, 10:00:51 pm »

<< First update | < Previous update | o Current update | > Next update | >> Last update
OOC thread: First page | Last page

Turn 0: Astronomical Age

Eight gods materialize (for a given value of materialize) high up above a disc and an Eye that has slept for eons. Awash in the strange energies of the Noise outside, a celestial sphere enclosing the otherwEyese featureless disc and home to the gods is buzzing with unlimited potential; indeed, potential enough to alter the shape of the disc should they prefer a different form (even that of a disc with two faces instead of one if necessary).

The first to adopt a fixed form is naturally Twi, who claims dominion over Gods and Mortals alike. Nevertheless, the next god to appear does so without their intervention, already casting the first sphere into question. They are the Faceless Prince, wrapped in fine silks, unquestioned keeper of Knowledge and master of Trade, perhaps already assessing the value of this as yet desolate world. Right on their proverbial heels comes one who oversees Travel and Messengers. The Wanderer, builder of roads and messenger among the gods, is no doubt eager to begin paving great highways of commerce and communications. Continuing the emphasis on civilization, Harvey Harvest swoops in, governor over the Harvest and over Agriculture, and finds a great fallow that should probably be tilled and must be seeded at once.

Next comes a set of gods to test the mortals' resolve. The first to arrive among them is C'thun, the Thing from Beyond the Stars, font of Madness and yet also Creation who is incidentally the most likely god to be a Noise infiltrator and seeks a link to the Great Old Ones. Shinka soon follows, a harbinger of primal Competition and the Wilderness, who will bring the fire that renews lest mortals begin showing overt signs of weakness. Gibeele, an ever-changing mothlike mass of roiling limbs and wings, is the next to arrive. A champion of Transformation and Freedom, mothron of barbers, and liberator of mortals from the prison of form, the sheer emptiness of the world possibly causes the Moth no small distress. Qwitzikottle, paragon of Courage and Brutality, is the last but certainly not the least to appear this cycle, and perhaps their twenty mouths have already begun to dispense the precepts of their code of honor.

It is currently the Astronomical Age, and the invigorating pulse of dynamism that so suffuses the heavens has yet to reach the world-disc. As it stands, the crystal sphere is perfect and unwounded, but some imperfection may well be in order for the future mortals' sakes as much as for the gods. Host to a grand shared plane and the gods' home planes, there are currently no portals through which the light of the gods or harsher places can leak onto the undefined world. As well, the forms of the common plane and the gods' individual planes remain undetermined, but they'll always be changeable to suit their owners' needs.

Astronomical Age
  • Creating suns, large moons, comets, stars, "planets," and constellations is possible only in this age.
  • Creating equipment and artifacts is possible in this age.
  • Destroying various astronomical bodies (i.e. repairing the crystal sphere :P ) is possible only in this age.
  • Assigning mechanical significance to astronomical bodies as a god is possible only in this age. Using suitable spheres is encouraged but not strictly required.
  • If more gods support than oppose a change to the shape of the world, it will be enacted.
  • If more gods support than oppose a change to the form or function of the common plane, it will be enacted.
  • It is not possible to create or terraform land/sea in this age.
  • Only the Archangel and War Form Incarna chasses are available in this age.
  • Only the Angel and Outsider servant chasses are available in this age.
  • When more gods support than oppose progression to the next age, it will be done.
Spoiler: Relevant costs (click to show/hide)

Cosmic entities
  • The Eye is fast asleep.
  • The Noise is silent.

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 01:14:30 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC [8/???]
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 10:01:19 pm »

Reserved

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 10:01:40 pm »

Reserved

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 10:28:23 pm »

"Ugh, hard to look at... where to rest my eyes... Ah, Guess I'll fix up the place, make it feel more comfortable.

Spend Transformation Act to form an astronomical feature. Make it big and bright like a sun because Eye knows this place needs some cheering up.

Name: Space Love
Type: Lovely sky-fresco
Description: A highly detailed work of art etched into the crystal sphere itself, not depicting anything in particular but just intended to be pretty.

Set up Personal plane. A gentle landscape of endless shifting flesh and plant matter, at a comfortable warm temperature and lots of soft places to lie.

Spend Freedom Act to make an angel to scope things out. She's free to do as she likes, but I'd advise against attracting attention and humbly request that she shares what she finds.

Name: Aila
Affiliation: Aila, Gibeele
Class: Angel
Traits:
 + Sneaky
 + Witchy magics
 - Hedonistic
Description: A regal bipedal moth with large wings, hat and cape which always blends in with the surroundings.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 10:54:21 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 11:06:29 pm »

"Howdy folks. Dunno about you but I don't much care for the way that eye is lookin' at me. We should make a bunch of stars around it to turn it into a smiley face or something."

HH comes into the scene on a picturesque corn farm known as the Harvey Harvest Homestead, or the Harvest plane for the alliteration allergic.  (0 Acts)

"Now I'll keep an eye on that Noise nonsense. Don't much care for folk coming into town just to make trouble neither. If any of you folk want to make some deal with the Noise, well its none of my business, but just give old Harvey a Heads Up so I don't go around cutting your crops."

He takes a fully grown corn from a stalk, pulling out a carving knife with his other feathered "hand". With it he carves a Corn Cob Cloak, turning the stalk into a Stalk Scythe, and turning the corn within to Reaping Rachel. (1 Generic)

"Now lets get down to brass tacks. What are we thinking about turning this crystal into?"

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 02:59:59 am »

As the Faceless Prince steps into the world, their domain sprouts behind them, and the sounds of distant commerce and research can already be heard from its edge.
Spoiler: Auric Spires (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tradesmen (click to show/hide)

Hmn. Salutations.
They look out across the world.
Rather empty at the moment, isn't it. But there is nothing to be done for it, regrettably; now is a time for more ethereal workings, I suppose.

From a pocket deep with their robes, the Faceless Prince pulls out a golden coin, which they easily cleave in two; each half twists, reforming into a pair of silver coins. The first is tossed away with a regally casual, yet thoroughly deliberate, toss, whereupon it enters orbit around the Disc.
Spoiler: Gild (click to show/hide)
The other coin, however, is held in the Prince's hand - and promptly crushed. Liquid silver seeps out of their fist, before coalescing into a humanoid form of its own.
Spoiler: The Argent Emissary (click to show/hide)
Emissary. My liege. How may I serve you? At present, there is little I require. However, stay here a moment; I should like you to meet your command.
At that, the Faceless Prince removes their book of lore from their side, and unclasps it; the tome flies open by itself, pages fluttering. Suddenly, it calms, settling to a single page, whereupon the text begins to glow. The page then lifts itself out of the book, folding upon itself, folding, tearing, still glowing, until ten distinct shapes present themselves and settle to the ground.
Spoiler: Pages (click to show/hide)
Sir! Hmn... yes, you all should do quite well. Do you have any immediate orders for them, my liege? No, you are all dismissed until further notice. The world is rather empty, as you might be able to see; I simply desired to get this out of the way for later. Feel free to rest in the Auric. I will notify you when you are required.

After the departure of the Emissary and Pages, the Faceless Prince turns back toward their fellow divinities.
Although there is little to be done with the world as things stand, we may still decide its broad form, as well as the nature and function of our commonly-held plane. Does anybody have any matters they believe should be considered in the design of these locales?
I, for one, believe that it may be sensible to restructure the world-disc in such a way that the Eye does not have unobstructed line of sight across its entirety. A spherical world might be suitable, or perhaps a cloud of islands.

Note: the golden coin was my Trade Act, the silver coins were the pair of generic Acts acquired from its division, and the page from the book of lore was my Knowledge Act. Just so we're all clear.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 01:22:51 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC [9/???]
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 04:07:15 am »

Synergistic disruptive innovations in the Noise generated by the groundbreaking out of the box creations of the team members have pivoted into the Empathetic Surrogate Encephalon Unit01, also known as Susan. A broker of Sustainable Growth-Profit Synergies and head of Benign Wetwork Operations, it is felt that they will be a wonderful fit for the company culture and a perfect addition to the operations department.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 04:19:49 am »

First Qwitzikottle Establishes his Home plane- Tun'goul.
After Qwitzikottle creates the outsider servants known as the Oznix upon his home plane.
Next Qwitzikottle Breaks up his Courage act into two generic acts
Then Qwitzikottle strikes out at the celestial sphere, producing what seems to be a blood red moon alike an eye, with a grey "pupil" pointed at the world disk.
Finally he creates a generic constellation depicting himself vaguely

Spoiler: the "red" moon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tun'goul (click to show/hide)

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 09:12:32 am »

The pony-unicorn-pegasus thing awakens.

Yawn... "Right.. I'm willing to work with others for large-scale projects, so long as it benefits the many and is not exclusive."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 09:29:57 am »

[/glow]C’thun remains silent.

I spend a Creation Act to form an astronomical star. It shall be big and made up of solid constantly changing colors. All dark colors, of course.

Name: Rlyeh
Type: Great Old One Beacon
Description: Eldritch beacon of madness

Create my Personal plane.

A endless city covered in dark night and mist, among the various gothic buildings, there is a Church located in the very center of the city. The Church is more than 80 meters high and is supported by black pillars. Each pillar was inlaid with a certain number of skulls. Some of them were from humans, some were from different creatures, all of which were looking down as if they were watching everyone who entered the church. Pictures of shifting tentacles adorn this building.

Spend a Madness Act to warp everything the gods created this turn to be in more of my image. With changed loyalties, of course.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 09:33:30 am by Knightwing64 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 09:33:33 am »

"Huh... you know, that kinda cute."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 11:17:45 am »

[/glow]C’thun remains silent.

I spend a Creation Act to form an astronomical star. It shall be big and made up of solid constantly changing colors. All dark colors, of course.

Name: Rlyeh
Type: Great Old One Beacon
Description: Eldritch beacon of madness

Create my Personal plane.

A endless city covered in dark night and mist, among the various gothic buildings, there is a Church located in the very center of the city. The Church is more than 80 meters high and is supported by black pillars. Each pillar was inlaid with a certain number of skulls. Some of them were from humans, some were from different creatures, all of which were looking down as if they were watching everyone who entered the church. Pictures of shifting tentacles adorn this building.

Spend a Madness Act to warp everything the gods created this turn to be in more of my image. With changed loyalties, of course.
Fear of Powerlessness leads to acting against this.From Twi's feathers come Mortality and from her horn Divinity. Her two Spheres strike at the Spheres of Ryleh, changing what would be Divine to Mortal, short and impactful against the watch of the Eye, only to be snuffed out with the passage of time.

To go against all gods is foolish, and your ambition shall be met by Failure.
Let your acts exist with theirs, and fall against the might of Divinity, fading with the passage of time beneath the Eye's Gaze.

"Well, nothing to do for it now but sleep. Think more carefully before you act against all gods."

(OoC: You really shouldn't have done that when one God has Powerlessness as a fear. Being unable to really stop anything she did twisting counts.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2021, 11:24:06 am »

"Please sister, remain steady. The foolish child still poses no threat to us or to you."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2021, 11:42:17 am »

"Please sister, remain steady. The foolish child still poses no threat to us or to you."

"I do not wish for creation to be tinted so. Better that others create freely than madness be at the base of this universe. Rot left unattended can lead to the base collapsing."

"... I am also interested in seeing exactly what will happen."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2021, 11:52:06 am »

C’thun laughs. It is quite sastified with this outcome. It has learned valuable information, and who knows if that damnable pony even managed to destroy my planet? After all, fate has yet to be written.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35