Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 20908 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC [9/???]
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2021, 11:19:03 am »

Susan objects to the notion of a world shape described as a 'cloud of of islands of random shapes and sizes'. This as a cloud is not a shape.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2021, 11:31:25 am »

Quote from: votebox
Keep the disc as-is: 1 (Susan)
Cloud of islands of random shapes and sizes, with the Eye-land in the center-bottom: 3 (Gibeele) (Twi) (The Faceless Prince)
A cloud of shapes - or, indeed, any collection of shapes - is, in fact, still a shape. It is simply a non-contiguous one. This is basic divine geometry. If you require tutoring, I am happy to provide it for the cost of, say, two favors to be redeemed at a later time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2021, 11:34:36 am »

"Any mundane cloud is, after all, formed from many individual particles of liquid, of various sizes, arranged essentially randomly. Thus a grouping of various particles can be stated to be a cloud. Also, be sure to use the votebox for convenience."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2021, 12:19:50 pm »

If any of you need something, I’ll help. For a price.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2021, 04:02:04 pm »

No cloud, no islands. Leave it the way it is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 1 [9/10]
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2021, 02:17:21 am »

Turn 1: Beginning Brushstrokes

A Canvas Unpainted

Gibeele started the process of creation by etching a grand fresco of impressive scale and luminosity titled "Space Love" on the inside surface of the crystal sphere. The interplay of light and dark as it traverses the heavens is truly impressive to behold--impressive enough to rouse the Eye from its slumber, perhaps?
Spoiler: Space Love (click to show/hide)

The next was Gild, a strange disc of ice-encased silver moving about within the celestial sphere formed from half of the Faceless Prince's Trade Coin. With no inherent light of its own, it instead reflects the bright and ornate Space Love.
Spoiler: Gild (click to show/hide)

Qwitzikottle followed suit and loosed the crystal moon of Tnu'gal, a window into his home plane resembling an unblinking red eye focused on the disc. Aside from that, he also drew out a projection of his vertices on the crystal sphere.
Spoiler: Tnu'gal (click to show/hide)

C'thun has created the dark and baleful star Rlyeh, an eldritch beacon of madness! Fortunately for the fledgling universe, the stars are not yet right, and Rlyeh continues to unshine glumly.
Spoiler: Rlyeh (click to show/hide)

For future navigators and travellers, the Wanderer has etched the Signs, a number of small and bright constellations on the celestial sphere with the capacity to serve as navigational aids.
Spoiler: Signs (click to show/hide)

Dwellings of the Gods

Up in the celestial sphere where the gods make their home, Gibeele was the first to build its plane, transforming its once-empty pocket into a warm paradise of ever-shifting animal and plant flesh.
Spoiler: Gibeele's Plane (click to show/hide)

The other gods followed suit starting with Harvey Harvest, who claimed the Harvey Harvest Homestead, a placid corn farm currently free of crows and other pests.

The Faceless Prince was the next to build their plane, populating its incredibly sophisticated forest of spire-cities with countless Tradesmen.
Spoiler: Auric Spires (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tradesmen (click to show/hide)

Not to be outdone, Qwitzikottle filled his home plane, Tun'goul, with an ocean of blood and raised Kottun'Rah, the Mountain of Glory, from its depths. Divided into multiple distinct tiers, it will in turn divide those who lived with valor from those who lived in cowardice and ensure only those who kept Qwitzikottle's precepts can gain access to the highest heights and avoid the torments and predations of the lower levels and the abominable denizens who make them their home. Among these denizens are the Oznix, beings of pure Brutality who can occasionally be summoned back to the material world.
Spoiler: Tun'goul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oznix (click to show/hide)

C'thun, fhtagn, built its plane, raising a dark, misty city centered on a blasphemous Church graciously adorned with the skulls of unknown creatures and betentacled gargoyles.
Spoiler: C'thun's plane (click to show/hide)

Shinka stacked a random assortment of possible and impossible biomes into a sky-piercing mountain of strangeness. Some of the less viable biomes or combinations of biomes, such as tropical rainforests placed in flooding range of deep oceans, have already gone "extinct" and rightly so. One wonders what the ultimate stable population of biomes will look like.
Spoiler: Shinka's plane (click to show/hide)

The Wanderer built mighty cities and paved wide roads throughout their home plane, the Plane of Wandering. The cities were soon populated with teeming flocks of swift Voicers, Outsider pigeons with incredible memories and unmatched speed but little capacity for original action.
Spoiler: Plane of Wandering (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Voicers (click to show/hide)

New Arrivals

Gibeele liberated a Freedom Act to create the observant moth-angel Aila, setting a daring precedent by affiliating her with herself before even her creator. Following Gibeele's polite and humble request for reports on her observations, Aila flew out to study the Eye while it remained closed.
Spoiler: Aila (click to show/hide)

The first to enlist the assistance of an Incarna spark, Harvey Harvest took the first produce from his vast tracts of corn and formed it into Reaping Rachel, an unmatched harvester and his archangel.
Spoiler: Reaping Rachel (click to show/hide)

A living twin of the cold silver moon of Gild was formed from the other half of the Faceless Prince's Trade Coin. Known only as the Argent Emissary, their literal and metaphorical silver tongue will serve them well in organizing the ten Pages, angels of Knowledge and fellow children of the Faceless Prince. With little to do as of now, they have been sent home to the Auric Spires.
Spoiler: The Argent Emissary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Pages (click to show/hide)

Shinka enlisted the service of two orders of angels: the cool yet uncooperative A-Team, angels of Competition, and the wild, beastly E-Team, angels of the Wilderness. Without anything better to do, they have been sent home to Shinka's plane.

The Stars Are not Right

Spoiler: Target selection (4) (click to show/hide)

C'thun set out to twist and warp the creations of the gods and unleashed an unspeakable wave of Madness at Space Love (target: <=18, roll: 14). The once-lovely colors of the great sky-fresco deepen and intensify, flashing into a manic palette of flickering yellow-blues and reddish greens!
Spoiler: Space Love (click to show/hide)

Acting on her Fear and despite attempts at mediation by Gibeele, Twi succeeded in cursing Rlyeh with mortality under the solemn watch of the Eye (target: <=17, roll: 11).

The same Eye that is currently sleeping and in no state for such a watch.

Of course, if/when the Eye opens, Rlyeh will no doubt fall regardless, and luckily, the stars aren't right anyway, so there shouldn't be too much danger.
Spoiler: Rlyeh (click to show/hide)

This exchange seems to have inspired mild bemusement from onlookers.

Floating Earth Society

Quote from: Votes
Keep the disc as-is: 2 (Susan) (Shinka)
Cloud of islands of random shapes and sizes, with the Eye-land in the center-bottom: 3 (Gibeele) (Twi) (The Faceless Prince)

Enough support has accumulated to shatter the disc into a thick cloud of random islands with the Eye banished to the center-bottom of the world, but this will remain in flux until the end of the age.

The Disc Turns Cloud Shifts

Aila was drawn to the Eye and spent some time cautiously surveying it before sneaking off to study angel social behaviors in Shinka's plane.

The Argent Emissary has set the Pages to the task of recording observations on the Eye from the safety of their home plane. This is soon cancelled in favor of taking notes on the sudden changes to Space Love.

Susan is in the process of filing paperwork.

Squads from within the A-Team have started fights with the E-Team, who now regard them as rambunctious troublemakers. No lasting damage has been inflicted on either side yet which may be traced to the A-Team's relative disorganization without orders and/or the E-Team's refusal to turn on their own without orders from above despite the A-Team's general awesomeness.

Astronomical Age
  • Creating suns, large moons, comets, stars, "planets," and constellations is possible only in this age.
  • Creating equipment and artifacts is possible in this age.
  • Destroying various astronomical bodies (i.e. repairing the crystal sphere :P ) is possible only in this age.
  • Assigning mechanical significance to astronomical bodies as a god is possible only in this age. Using suitable spheres is encouraged but not strictly required.
  • If more gods support than oppose a change to the shape of the world, it will be enacted.
  • If more gods support than oppose a change to the form or function of the common plane, it will be enacted.
  • It is not possible to create or terraform land/sea in this age.
  • Only the Archangel and War Form Incarna chasses are available in this age.
  • Only the Angel and Outsider servant chasses are available in this age.
  • When more gods support than oppose progression to the next age, it will be done.
Spoiler: Relevant costs (click to show/hide)

Cosmic entities
  • The Eye is asleep, dreaming.
  • The Noise is silent.

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Suspicion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 01:14:16 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2021, 04:53:37 am »

Order the A-Team to turn that energy toward conquering other parts of the world instead of fighting their brethren.
I'll think about what else to do for a little while.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2021, 05:13:47 am »

Qwitzikottle SUPPORTS moving to the next age before the Eye wakes up.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2021, 09:08:06 am »

C’thun follows its passion of corruption and tries to further corrupt R’lyeh, increasing it’s madness power and trying to stop its destruction.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2021, 10:46:04 am »

Freedom, Transformation: Open up Space Love's cognitohazard effect to additions, allowing other gods to add additional spheres to modify the hypnotic effect. For example, an additional Travel sphere would cause those who view the fresco to want to travel.

"Art is a powerful thing."

Fully cleanse Space Love, splitting Transformation act.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 01:09:30 pm by Egan_BW »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2021, 11:38:15 am »

Something about the Faceless Prince twitches. They swiftly turn toward Gibeele and clasp their hands together.
Right, no, we’re not having that. Insanity is not an acceptable effect of the locale’s primary light source. Gibeele, I will pay you one of my Acts of your choice to remove that effect from your fresco; should you neglect to do so, I will remove it from view.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2021, 11:48:11 am »

Gibeele tilts its eyes at a right angle.
"Very well. Seems rude, though. Wouldn't it be more efficient to tilt the effect in our favor than negate it? Madness doesn't innately deflate quality of life, especially if we put it in a more productive direction."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2021, 11:52:54 am »

Lack of sanity rather by definition prevents people from accurately parsing reality and selecting effective courses of action. Yes, it does in fact deflate quality of life.
Regardless, thank you. Which of my Acts would you like?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 12:00:39 pm by Glass »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2021, 12:06:40 pm »

If you will not stop obstructing my efforts, I am afraid I will have to get physical with my efforts to stop you if we can not talk this out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2021, 12:31:00 pm »

"I would prefer the Knowledge sphere. Provide it whenever is convenient for you."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35