Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 20237 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 5 [9/10]
« Reply #300 on: January 16, 2022, 06:20:18 am »

Spoiler: The Elder Thing(s) (click to show/hide)
((Creatures are not intended to be fully sapient, and roughly speaking, should be comparable to dogs, dolphins, or crows at best. They certainly shouldn't be conducting experiments or doing mad science, so this one would indeed be better as an Angel/Archangel.))

(Alright, just retcon it as a angel.)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 16, 2022, 07:25:07 am »

"Something I just thought about, Shinka, you have banned Rahel from both Texas and Yamayunqa, and I will create a ritual to send a message with a voicer which will reach every region as soon as I can, it will be a fairly expensive ritual so I don't expect many uses, so, would you want to negotiate a compromise to allow the voicer have access to at least some of the region under some conditions"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 5 [10/10]
« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2022, 02:57:11 am »

Train mine Sight upon the Noise. If it's getting ready to let something through, when will it happen?
Gibeele stared into the abyss, and the abyss stared back. And screamed. As it turns out, the Noise is letting something through now. Whether the exact conch flung by the Faceless Prince in ages past, or a Noise reproduction thereof, it is now here, and it is hungry, and it is loud.

Tremble, O ye creatures of the unbroken sphere! The Flesh Conch of Screaming has arrived!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:00:40 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2022, 03:00:51 am »

Ah well, how unexpected that would come back. Study the conch closely, perhaps we can come to some agreement.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 17, 2022, 06:48:56 am »

Ah well, how unexpected that would come back. Study the conch closely, perhaps we can come to some agreement.
Fleshy folds blossom, pearls pulsate, mouths gibber, drool and chew at themselves, "HELLOhEllOHUNGRYHuNgRyYOUyUoLOOKlOOkTASTYTASTYHUNGRYHUNGRYEATEATEATEATEATEATEAT!"

Via a specific pulsating of pearls, the Flesh Conch of Screaming indicates approval of flight as a default trait
The Flesh Conch of Screaming keens hungrily, proposing that all material life requires some form of sustenance.
The Flesh Conch of Screaming screams at the Eye to feed it, EATEATEATHUNGRY
The Flesh Conch of Screaming urbanely votes to advance to the Age of Myth
The Flesh Conch of Screaming's constant screaming abruptly becomes melodious instead of earritating for a few precious minutes, supporting the creation of the various plants of the Harvest GodHUNGRYHUNGRYFEEDME
(Use Night to twist fate if that would help?)

The Flesh Conch of Screaming spends an entire harvest season gnawing ineffectually at the Meat-a-ball before realizing, as a god, they were immaterial, and thus COULDN'T EAT ANYTHING. Their screams intensify in volume, becoming more strident as the Flesh Conch of Screaming desperately begins vomiting up divine power trying to solve their predicament.

Fragments of song and melody slowly denature into less beautiful, yet more needed forms of divine power.

The Flesh Conch of Screaming conchverts their Music Act into 2 Generic Acts

These faintest of echoes, the Flesh Conch of Screaming ate and regurgitated as 2 Incarnae. The Creature Eater, he of the Many Mouths, and the War-Form Devourer of the Bottomless Gullet.

The Flesh Conch of Screaming conchjures up the Creature Eater for 1 Generic Act and the War Form Devourer for another 1 Generic Act.
The Devourer is put into stasis, while the Eater is activated and sent to the most edible part of the world.

Spoiler: Eater (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Devourer (click to show/hide)

With a launched pearl crashing into it like a billaird, the Eater is sent hurtling towards the most edible looking part of the world, the Devourer curling into a stasis ball, which the Flesh Conch of Screaming screametes away somewhere.

But even with the Eater sent on a sacred mission of feeding, it was far from enough. The divine conch-body writhed, as it rebelled against itself, hunger unfed turning anarchic and rebellious. Sickening squelches, horrid gnashing and the splurting of blood resounded for a time, before the Flesh Conch of Screaming emerged from a haze of gore, surrounded by a swarm of angry mouths that had ripped themselves from its flesh, angrily biting away at what remained of the fleshy conch. Desperate, betrayed by its own hunger, the Flesh Conch of Screaming created a sanctum and retreated into it, where the angry angel-mouths could not follow, left with only the nearby Meat-A-Ball to feast upon.

Envoy-Maw angels are dropped in a pleasing spaghetti around Meat-A-Ball for one Flesh Act
Create the Starved Feast Home Plane
Use 1 Night to Sneak into the Starved Feast Home which is placed at an undisclosed location

Spoiler: Envoy-Maws (click to show/hide)

Free: Modify the ecosystem of the Endless Blue
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 08:37:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2022, 09:35:11 am »

Quote from: Vote to advance to the Age of Myth
Yes: 3 (Qwitz, Twi, The Conch?)
No: 4 (Shinka, The Wanderer, C'thun, the Faceless Prince)
Quote from:  Votebox on flight as an assumed default
Allow flying as a default trait: 4 (Gibeele, Wanderer, The Conch?, the Faceless Prince)
Do Not: 4 (C'thun, Shinka, Qwitzikottle, Susan[/color])
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 17, 2022, 10:11:26 am »

Quote from: Vote to advance to the Age of Myth
Yes: 3 (Qwitz, Twi, The Conch?)
No: 4 (Shinka, The Wanderer, C'thun, the Faceless Prince)
Quote from:  Votebox on flight as an assumed default
Allow flying as a default trait: 4 (Gibeele, Wanderer, The Conch?, the Faceless Prince)
Do Not: 5 (C'thun, Shinka, Qwitzikottle, Susan, Twi[/color])

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 17, 2022, 10:20:26 am »

A proposal, something of a middle point between flight and its lack: making it so that that which lives will not die from falling from great heights, even if they cannot ascend them with such ease. Such fall-protection would allow them to make use of the world's verticality, without having to overly fear the risk to life and limb that might otherwise be associated with it.
Quote from: Votebox on fall protection as an assumed default
Allow default fall protection: 1 (The Faceless Prince)
Do not: 0 ()

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 17, 2022, 10:30:38 am »

Do not: 1 (Twi)
[/quote]
"Mistakes will be made and mortals will learn from them. However, I would not be against setting Gravity to lower levels to increase how long one can fall and jump safely."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 17, 2022, 04:01:54 pm »

C’thun, in a rare show of foresight, decides to create a item of invisibility, of a sort.

C’thun turns it’s creation act into 2 generic acts which they use to create a lesser magical item.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

C’thun wraps the cloak around itself.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 17, 2022, 04:03:27 pm »

Do not: 2 (Twi, Qwitz)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 17, 2022, 04:10:00 pm »

...C'thun, you need two sphere Acts to make a minor magic item, not just two Acts of any sort.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 17, 2022, 04:55:15 pm »

Name: Tezcatlipolka
Neighbors: ???
Region: Texas, I guess
Traits:
 + There is nothing particularly bad about Tezcatlipolka
 - There is nothing particularly good about it either
Description: Tezcatlipolka is a large brackish lake deep enough to be stratified into distinct ecological layers. The ecosystem of Tezcatlipolka is founded on oidosynthetic lifeforms, which grow by consuming sound. The more harmonious the sound, the better - cacophonous noise is downright harmful. Therefore, every part of the ecosystem has evolved to produce melody. This is much cooler than Spoon's version.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 17, 2022, 05:22:27 pm »

ughhhhhh

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 17, 2022, 09:27:17 pm »

"HELLOhEllOHUNGRYHuNgRyYOUyUoLOOKlOOkTASTYTASTYHUNGRYHUNGRYEATEATEATEATEATEATEAT!"

"Right back at ya stranger."

A proposal, something of a middle point between flight and its lack: making it so that that which lives will not die from falling from great heights, even if they cannot ascend them with such ease. Such fall-protection would allow them to make use of the world's verticality, without having to overly fear the risk to life and limb that might otherwise be associated with it.
Do not: 0 ()

"Wasn't the point of that flight so mortals could hop from cloud to cloud? Can't much do that with your proposal.

...What happens to folk who fall off the cloud anyhow?"

Harvey then eats a coffefruit just to prove gods can eat and gets to work attempting to sate the ENDLESS HUNGER.

Spoiler: Coffefruit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caughton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weaplant (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hero Plant (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happy Fish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sacred Woc (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ice Scream (click to show/hide)

HH huffs in effort at making so much different foodstuff.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35