Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 21454 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 1 [9/10]
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2021, 10:24:18 pm »

Shinka rolls its ???s and buries a Competition act in the soft desert sand of its realm, from which it draws out a long white bone. Raising the bone up to the heavens, Shinka scratches a milky gouge all the way around the crystal sphere, winding between the features already present to scrape out a complete loop.

Name: Nine Auspicious Enclosed Pastures
Type: Basically like the milky way. Just a big starry smear.
Effect: Causes all beings to evolve to resist the effects of supernatural corruption.
Frequency: Some part of it is always in the sky, but it precesses seasonally for dramatic effect.
Description: The Nine Auspicious Enclosed Pastures is a whitish band of fuzzy light stretched all the way across the sky. Under its aegis, all beings develop resistance against any power that would in any way turn them away from their native tendencies, and beings which are corrupted in spite of this have their very lives slowly snuffed out, so that eventually only the most resistant will survive. It's sort of like god antibiotics.

Bird fellow. Let us combine AGRICULTURE and WILDERNESS to construct a pair of exchanging features to maintain a balanced cycle between the wild and tame. Agreed?

Proposed: One (1) Sun, and one (1) Other Sun, in mutual orbit. Open to alternatives.

Harvey chews on a chaff of wheat thoughtfully.

"I think I've spent just about all I can spend for now, but would you be open to making them seasons? The season of Harvest, the season of Taming, the season of Wilderness, and the season of Planting makes an even four. We can mess around with the order all we like too. I've got just the idea for what my new Sun would look like."

He rummages through the cornfield and pulls out a sunflower. He looks at it proudly like he's being clever.

((I think I just have a Generic act left. I spent one on the moon and another either on upkeep or creating the Archangel)).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2021, 10:28:15 pm »

(Oh, right, upkeep.)
I can agree to that. Maybe more like Planting, Growing, Harvest, and Fallow? We can wait a little while before working on it, though, since it seems I am to be indisposed.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2021, 10:35:43 pm »

Susan blinked, turned her eyes inward at her co-workers, and consciously sighed with her ears.

"I awoke today. I awoke this day. I awoke on the spring of the void of the day. You...you all deal with this. I say this. This is my opinion. Do as you wish and do it freely, but care for what lies ahead and what will be ahead."

"I think I've spent just about all I can spend for now, but would you be open to making them seasons? The season of Harvest, the season of Taming, the season of Wilderness, and the season of Planting makes an even four. We can mess around with the order all we like too. I've got just the idea for what my new Sun would look like."

"This I find orderly, this I find concrete, this I find rigid. I suggest otherwise; a pattern of constellations that dance and that will foment the seasons of being. Enshrined by divine law but not of divine knowledge. Peruse this notation."

Code: [Select]
The Concordance of Three

>] All great bodies is in Creation orbits the Eye.
>] By seasonal calendar do the isles of Creation align, and the god-crafted cosmic bodies do so likewise.
>] When the stars/planets/space walruses of the gods align in groups of three, they do form a syzygy. The alignment of three causes an Astrological Season in which the spheres of the divine bodies (or whatever effects they have) are amplified.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 10:37:14 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2021, 10:48:04 pm »

(Oh, right, upkeep.)
I can agree to that. Maybe more like Planting, Growing, Harvest, and Fallow? We can wait a little while before working on it, though, since it seems I am to be indisposed.

"Would that make Growing the season of tameness and Fallow the season of wildness?"

Susan blinked, turned her eyes inward at her co-workers, and consciously sighed with her ears.

"I awoke today. I awoke this day. I awoke on the spring of the void of the day. You...you all deal with this. I say this. This is my opinion. Do as you wish and do it freely, but care for what lies ahead and what will be ahead."

"This I find orderly, this I find concrete, this I find rigid. I suggest otherwise; a pattern of constellations that dance and that will foment the seasons of being. Enshrined by divine law but not of divine knowledge. Peruse this notation."

Code: [Select]
The Concordance of Three

>] All great bodies is in Creation orbits the Eye.
>] By seasonal calendar do the isles of Creation align, and the god-crafted cosmic bodies do so likewise.
>] When the stars/planets/space walruses of the gods align in groups of three, they do form a syzygy. The alignment of three causes an Astrological Season in which the spheres of the divine bodies (or whatever effects they have) are amplified.

HH points a feather/thumb toward the Harvest Moon.

"It isn't spring friend. The thing about seasons is they got to be ridged so you know when to plant, you know when to pick everything up, and you know when to store all your food so you don't become food during the wild times."

He scratches his head thoughtfully and looks back at Susan.

"We both like growing things right? Well if you like 'stable growth' then you need 'stable seasons' in this one eagle's opinion."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2021, 10:58:36 pm »

"That which you grow is a crop steadied. Orderly, tame and stable. Yes. But not the stability derived from irregular orbits and seasons. The stability I desire is one of hardiness and adaptability."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2021, 11:14:51 pm »

"Would that make Growing the season of tameness and Fallow the season of wildness?"
Yes, this was pictured. Does it satisfy?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2021, 11:33:18 pm »

"That which you grow is a crop steadied. Orderly, tame and stable. Yes. But not the stability derived from irregular orbits and seasons. The stability I desire is one of hardiness and adaptability."

"You get hardy from hard work and a good diet, not the sky throwing stuff at you randomly. Don't see anyone getting much from random seasons. Just makes everyone confused if it is time to plant or time to pluck what has been planted. How is that any good for anyone?"

Yes, this was pictured. Does it satisfy?[/color]

"I'm certainly happy with it."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2021, 11:34:45 pm »

"You get hardy from hard work and a good diet, not the sky throwing stuff at you randomly. Don't see anyone getting much from random seasons. Just makes everyone confused if it is time to plant or time to pluck what has been planted. How is that any good for anyone?"

"The hardy seed survives in the badlands, the soft ones do not."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2021, 11:40:16 pm »

"The hardy seed survives in the badlands, the soft ones do not."

"If you think like that then making all lands bad would make a hardy seed. Still not much point in having good planting weather if that is your end goal."

Harvest kicks up some dirt absentmindedly.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2021, 12:42:18 am »

Qwitzikottle Quietly places two new objects in the sky.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 09:43:06 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2021, 12:47:14 am »

"Could you. Simply not. Do that comet."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2021, 01:08:24 am »

"It is unagreeable."
"For my will be to give strength to those with will use it."
"As is yours be taken issue with mine."
"until you take my freedom from me I shall do as I wish."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2021, 09:28:12 am »

"In this case, it would be the birth of Adversity. Such does not affect any of us long term. And a Tyrant's rule is still ruling."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2021, 11:15:50 am »

"It is unagreeable."
"For my will be to give strength to those with will use it."
"As is yours be taken issue with mine."
"until you take my freedom from me I shall do as I wish."

C’thun smiles. “Now this one, I like! Would you like to be allies, friend? It’s alright if you say no, just your presence already gives me benefits.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2021, 01:34:02 pm »

"Ah, A body, so useful at enjoying the walks, now, someone to represent me on the mortal plane"
Spoiler: Guides (Travel Act) (click to show/hide)
Have all but the black wearing guide in the mortal plane, the black clothes one explore in my plane
"This reminds me" The wanderer turn to one of the outsiders "Greetings, Now, I hope they spread it around, them just staring at each other saying nothing is a bit unnerving"
"Also, C’thun, If you are willing to give me one of your sphere acts, I am willing to make this
Spoiler: Star of Madness (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35