Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello from the New Artist  (Read 6711 times)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Hello from the New Artist
« on: December 20, 2021, 01:15:24 pm »

Hey Everybody!

I've posted this same message on Reddit, but I think it belongs here as well.

I've been pretty silent throughout these past few weeks, but I've been lurking around, and I've seen all your messages. It's great to feel your excitement and supportiveness, so thank you all!

I know with Meph and Mike in the past, you've come to expect more frequent little updates, straight from the artist. I can't promise to continue that. After my day job and all my other obligations, I want to be able to allocate what extra time and energy I can towards producing art for the game. I'll check in on the forums periodically to read requests and comments, and Tarn has said he'll be happy to continue answering those sorts of questions via Future of the Fortress.

Things are going well, and I'm enthusiastic to continue working on the project for a long time! But for me, social interaction like this can be pretty draining, so I'm gonna leave it mostly to the experts. Thanks for your patience and understanding. I want the same awesome-looking game you do, and I'm going to do my best to help make it a reality!

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the New Artist
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 06:15:55 pm »

Welcome!

Thanks for letting us know what's going on!
Team Bug Fix!

neobit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Page with my goodies (games, music, photos)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 06:47:32 pm »

Welcome! Good job on the map, already. Keep on!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 05:52:56 am »

Good luck and well done so far. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 07:26:47 am »

Welcome! I must have said so elsewhere already, but the world map sprites are very pretty :).

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 09:11:09 am »

Thanks folks. I appreciate the positivity and I'm glad you like what you've seen so far!

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 03:43:43 pm »

Your tileset has always been my favorite from back when I started playing DF, so I'm really excited to see you add your share of work to the mix (definitely like what we've seen so far) ^^

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 04:45:45 pm »

Really dig your map tiles so far. Although it's a different medium entirely, they really reminded me thematically of Civ4/FFH2.

Out of curiosity, how much would you say you have had to modify your personal art style for the sake of matching the game?