Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I think i'm doing genocide?  (Read 3845 times)

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I think i'm doing genocide?
« on: December 22, 2021, 05:49:38 pm »

Getting back into the game for the first time in years, and I see that there's a ton of new options available for adventure mode, so I roll up something called an As' Demon(?) I'm just messing around, so I went to a village and killed a sleeping human. It took a long time, but the human never woke up, and then I picked up his iron pick, and I've been going around one shooting everyone by taking out their neck with the pick, and nobody is waking up. Did I stumble on some kind of bug, or am I just really quiet?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think i'm doing genocide?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 11:10:39 pm »

Yeah, it's a bug - the only way to wake them is to cause them to move, jumping at them is one way to do that.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: I think i'm doing genocide?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 06:07:08 pm »

Keep in mind that not everybody is asleep at all times. There could easily be witnesses to your killings, giving you a reputation as a murderer. You could get attacked on sight by hearthpersons and soldiers. Or at least everyone would hate you.

It's only genocide if you kill the entire village, really.. If you just kill a few dozen people, you're just a demented psychopathic mass murderer.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.