Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are you doing for Christmas? (2021 edition)  (Read 699 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What are you doing for Christmas? (2021 edition)
« on: December 25, 2021, 04:30:15 pm »

Today, like the previous year, I would like to ask you what did you for Christmas.

As for me, due to my younger brother having been infected by COVID, we had to receive way less persons, and my pregnant elder daughter couldn't come at all.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing for Christmas? (2021 edition)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 05:51:51 pm »

I did bugger all for Christmas day. Due to some family estrangement, I ended up spending christmas Eve at my best friend's place instead. I marinated some steaks and had a nice dinner, and then we watched Oldboy which was a good korean movie.

It was pretty low-key this year due to Covid. I had a better celebration than my family at least. They had to cancel their flight due to Omicron. I feel sorry for them honestly. We may have issues, but nobody deserves to have their Christmas ruined.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 04:46:36 am »

Hung out with my parents and my brother's family. I got called "so cool" by my 3.5 year old niece which I will live on until next Christmas at least.
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 04:47:49 am »

I Worked.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 05:57:25 am »

No body came over for Christmas this year do to random non COVID things so it was just me and my parents, but we still had a decent time, watched Godzilla and a Christmas movie.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 03:49:08 pm »

I'm trying to figure out how to make milk foam on the new machine I got the wife.  The espresso I can do well... but my foam is... fail foam so far.

Otherwise we're just recovering from a hugely busy Christmas week at church - involved in too many services, but it's a good tired.

Trying to balance out getting the kids presents they will enjoy with the real "reason for the season", which is probably my biggest personal struggle because I think my kids are spoiled and I get frustrated when they are always asking for more, despite the fact they have more than 99% of the kids on the planet.

Also survived hosting dinner at our house this week, although we still have about 4 pounds of ham leftover.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 06:31:13 pm »

I shoveled ~3 inches of snow on Christmas day.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 02:18:44 pm »

I did too much. I just wanted to sleep