Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: As It Turns Out Bronze Colossus Can Level Up Attributes  (Read 1148 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
As It Turns Out Bronze Colossus Can Level Up Attributes
« on: December 30, 2021, 12:21:25 am »

In arena mode I managed to level up even willpower.

While that thing is not supposted to be organic it wasn't programmed to have anything special about it's attributes and is threatened by the game as if it could improve them with physical workout.

So this is what makes it gain improved accuracy over time against my stat grinding adventurers.

Is this a bug or a feature?
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: As It Turns Out Bronze Colossus Can Level Up Attributes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 03:07:54 pm »

Is there a reason why a moving non-organic should not be able to learn from experience?
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 04:01:31 am »

Is there a reason why a moving non-organic should not be able to learn from experience?

"Attributes" means Strength, Endurance, Toughness, Agility, &c.

I guess that could be interpreted as learning, but bronze colossi lack the CAN_LEARN token and thus are not actually intelligent enough to learn skills or the likes.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 05:26:56 pm »

Yeah, I did not specifically mean "learning skills". Mostly I was pointing out that "it is a not a machine, but something else".

Why not allow the colossus to gain in physical attributes due to combat, in the same way that animals do? And in opposition, if they cannot heal, should they be able to improve their body?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?