Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You Can Actually Kill Bronze Colossus Without Weapons  (Read 4351 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
You Can Actually Kill Bronze Colossus Without Weapons
« on: January 01, 2022, 11:19:17 am »

1. Bark scorpion man.
2. Started with average strength leveled to superior.

The attack in question used to kill colossus was stinger. I was farming stats at random after I became so good at dodging it never hit me. I randomly pwned colossi to death with stinger into head. Same stinger severed some body parts.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:21:44 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

UristMcElfKiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: You Can Actually Kill Bronze Colossus Without Weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 09:06:30 am »

I actually did this on a human adventurer once, the trick is that you need to get them on the same tile as you and heavy kick to their heads. It will dent their heads, barely damaging them, but if you have high enough dodge skill to stay alive the whole time you can actually kill a bronze colossus with your bare hands and feet as a normal human adventurer. I did this a few months ago on the latest unmodded version so I forget the actual method to get them prone below you, but I remember it involved kiting them diagonally onto your same tile.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 10:18:05 am »

It's especially impressive once you remember that bark scorpion men are among the smallest of humanoids, half the size of a human. But then again, colossus heads are not fitted too well on their shoulders, given how prone they are to falling off on being hit with a fluffy wambler.

GrapefruitSorceror

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 03:54:16 am »

what is the unladen speed of a fluffywambler?
CENSORED

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 09:38:04 am »

what is the unladen speed of a fluffywambler?

Quoted because it is a relevant comment. For those who wonder what the hell Grapefruitsorcerer and myself are talking about, follow this link to the relevant forum thread from 2010.
But you could argue that the fluffy wambler in this case was being used as a weapon.

Edit: I thought I was old and knowledgeable for knowing this, but Grapefruitsorcerer actually has a forum age of eight days and still beat me to it.
Just old and slow then.

Sigh.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 10:06:46 am by Bralbaard »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 01:22:38 pm »

Can attest: first thing I did before joining Bay12 was lurk around reading a whole bunch of HoL threads.
I'm mostly just appreciative of the Monty Python reference!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext