Advanced search  

Poll

Server type preference

Pure PVE
PVE with PVP elements
PVP free for all
Other (post below)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Project Zomboid - Stable multiplayer build is out, hop on a server, eat brains!  (Read 4443 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Phew, it's done.

Of course there's room for improvement, and more recipes to add, but at least now the framework and workshops are done.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoa I've had some tight spaces on this server now :) The post-shutdown era is nice, but peak horde times are also here. Had to skedaddle out of town (Riverside) with luckily found car, no time to develop any skills bar spear and one-hand blunt. Now hunkering in some farmhouse and praying to discover how to claim a safehouse...

Luckily I managed to scrape together some basic tools so I might attempt to get some carpentry at some point, before that no point in trying to create any permanent base. Not that I have a faction either, so fingers crossed my car ain't gone when next on server.

Have to say, the mods I've noticed this far are quite nicely adding to the game. I thought about transferring gas from my sedan to the bus just to try them out, but gas economy first at least now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I'm glad you could have fun so far. Jump into discord if you want to ally with some of existing players, the server is a bit quiet now, at least for me, as I am celebrating some post-new-year time. But I will be back later, and the time doesn't pass when nobody is on, so we can organize a couple of fun trips to Lousiville or something like that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Holed up in a house in West Point trying to survive the night.
At least there's still running water, and I've found a tin of bolognese. Not much to do but wait out the dark though
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I also thought there was running water, but then I realised it's only the water that's in the... circuitry? The water that's in the water thingies.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

I found keys for a car which, except for a 50% engine and 70% hood is in pretty nice shape.
No fuel though.

EDIT: Oh, awesome! I was hiding in the dark when 2 zombies entered the house I was in.. And they went down on their knees and started eating from corpses that were lying inside.

I did not know zombies could do that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 10:48:10 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

It's cold and lonely out here.
Well ok not cold, it's summer.
And there's zombies to keep me company but they suck.
They take many rounds but never buy me one in return.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

The discord tells me 'the invitation is invalid or expired'

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I can see you in discord, did you sort it out? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I invited him ;)
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Yeah, that worked, but the invite that was on page 1 of this thread did not.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

My current character is doing very well surviving.
Machetes and katanas are OP. Machetes even moreso than katanas, because machetes can be repaired.
Pro-tip: do not open tin cans with a katana (using a mod that allows blades to be used as tin openers). At least I think that's how I got the deep cut that needed suturing.

When this character inevitably dies, I thought up a challenge run to try out.
Gollum challenge. You can only eat raw, whole fish (safe to eat but big unhappiness hit). Start with the illiterate trait (no happiness from books). Wear the first gold ring you find and never take it off. Starting with fisherman trade or trait is allowed, because you can't read.

Unhappiness will not kill you though. It will just slow down your actions. I don't think CDs and VHS give happiness bonus, only boredom reduction. Antidepressants and alcohol are probably the only two things that can increase happiness.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 03:35:19 pm by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 [2]