Advanced search  

Poll

Server type preference

Pure PVE
PVE with PVP elements
PVP free for all
Other (post below)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Project Zomboid - Stable multiplayer build is out, hop on a server, eat brains!  (Read 4401 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Main theme: Zombie survival sandbox
Site page: https://projectzomboid.com/blog/
Release page: https://projectzomboid.com/blog/news/2021/12/project-zomboid-build-41-released/
Discord: https://discord.gg/rwhPDsh4

I am honestly somewhat surprised that there's not a lot of discussion about this game*, considering its sandboxy-nature and interface complexity.
It doesn't come close to Dwarf Fortress, but it's quite interesting to me as well.
*I do not consider a 4 year old thread worth necroing, even though it would fit the theme.

In the end of the last year, the stable release of MP build is out, so now you can play together and enjoy the complexity and spirit of a post-apocalyptic Kentucky.
The game is currently on Sale on steam, so you can grab it if you want.

I am currently in a process of setting up a small server with good performance, if people are interested I will post login and connection details here, and increase the amount of concurrent players if needed. The theme will be PVE with zeds active during the day, and passive at night (so the night has some meaning besides sitting inside reading).

Also, tons of mods. I am in a process of playtesting each of them to make sure they generate no error messages, if you are interested, it's almost done.

Zomboid PVE server (EU) with mods
Anyone is welcome!
https://zomboid.eu/

The server features an advanced zombie vaccine/cure mechanic: https://zomboid.eu/zombie-cure

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:04:59 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The server is ready:

https://zomboid.eu/

It will start automatically in a while, there's a countdown.
I really need to rest, I spent too much time making sure it works and testing, almost 24h straight :).

Please report any concerns to me here or on the website.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 12:35:56 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am enjoying the vehicle customization way too much.

Autotsar's mods (Jeep Wrangler, Ford Mustang) have these amazing extra zombie-killing mods such as window protection, spikes etc. I wish someone had time to make it work for every vehicle out there.

It does look fantastic:
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's quite the base you have! The cow-catcher is great because whenever I get a car I'm afraid of hitting the buggers because I worry they'll break something important  :P

I've owned it since the Desura days, but only played bits here and there. It really seems to have come into it's own with the MP release. Glad to see the player counts so high.

I've only dabbled with a few mods here and there in singleplayer only - I see your server has quite a few mods. How do people keep track of them all? Is there a way to package them up, so players know which ones to activate? Or is only the server host required to have all the mods active?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The way I handle it, is I put them all in my own modpack, but I hid it from steam workshop.
Then when you connect, it auto-downloads the mod for you.

The reason why I do it this way is because otherwise any mod updating weirdly or being taken down could ruin the world save.

I spent like 4 days now without sleep making sure all mods work.

What I do now is slowly build up more inter-mod integration. Like scrapping mod being able to scrap items from other mods, or Refill Propane mod being able to refill big tanks from other mods etc. You won't find this anywhere else, but I dont plan to publish it separately since the mods are not mine.

So yeah, you just connect and it gets the necessary thing for you from Workshop.

You can see all the mods I use here:
https://zomboid.eu/mod-list
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Go to sleep Deon! You're becoming the zombies!
Love, scriver~

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am becoming the zombies because I want to fix this mod:

It's amazing that you can create a lot more furniture and wall types, but the amount of materials doesnt make sense for some objects, as well as skill requirements.
And don't get me started on typos.
I am fixing it right now, and it will be added a bit later (server is down for this update now).

Then I can rest :).

P.S. Done, now I can rest and not become zombies.

P.P.S. if you want this modpack for your server, let me know and I will gladly share. 0 errors produced on load after all my tweaks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:30:11 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

If we were going to join the server, would we need the mod packages as well?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

If you join through steam, it automatically downloads the mods needed when you connect to the server
Love, scriver~

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, the only possible problem is that when I update the mod pack, sometimes the Workshop is stupid and doesnt update properly, you will get an error about some random .txt file mismatch.

In that case solution is simple

1) Unsub from modback in your Workshop -> Subscribed list (it will be called Genesis server mods)
2) If that doesnt help , manually delete folder of this mod with leftover garbage from your steamapps/workshop/content/108600/2704424136 folder

But that is rarely needed.

And by the way i pulled another allnighter, and fixed and remade the old mod :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2512119000&searchtext=vaccin

It was really much easier to restart a character and level again than do anything in that mod, and it wasnt updated for MP. I also integrated it with Dynamic traits system.

Here's full description of my tweaked system, and information on how you can delay and even possibly cure infection:
https://zomboid.eu/zombie-cure

I've also fixed all errors in that mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Aand the mod is up.

I'm starting to setup basic lab, but I feel like I will need more space hehe.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This update made this game 100% better IMO, been playing for 230 hours and still kicking. Been playing on vanilla server, solo experience was improved by some mods, but even vanilla is really really fun on MP. Btw have seen some 60+ players at best in that server, some reported stutters in player-heavy raid on LV center, otherwise even that "stress test" went smoothly. Only whine I have is scarcity of cars, most wheels have been 0% engine due to parts harvest and mechanics grinding... I literally walked for 6 IG days into LV center's office blocks in order to find a functional car after some smart-ass swiped my pickup from "safe zone".

Might take a peek at your server someday if there's still space. Not too much of a party animal but some change to vanilla might keep things fresh even in MP!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am working on fixing the problem with eventual scarcity of cars and specific non-reusable items by introducing high level crafting requiring workbenches.

Right now I reuse existing tiles and I don't plan to make any fancy workshop tiles, since it requires studying and getting good at Zomboid style, but if someone wants to assist with the art, be my guest.

At least I've succeeded at learning how to make moveable furniture and models, and how to code in workshop adjacency requirements for recipes. Dwarf fortress-style.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Oh wow, the game sure looks a lot prettier than it did since I last played (probably well over 3 years ago)
Let's see if I can get my bearings enough in single player to consider having a go at multi.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The game also got a cult following in modding department, much bigger maps (and lots of custom maps) and quite smooth MP experience. I still find SP pretty boring, but it is cool to me to play with other people and explore the world.

P.S.Here's some progress on makeshift workshops, this one is a microwave furnace for smelting glass, plastic and small items:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 12:11:12 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: [1] 2