Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More humanoid enemies?  (Read 3860 times)

UristMcElfKiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
More humanoid enemies?
« on: January 03, 2022, 09:34:42 am »

I love hunting megafauna and all, but I struggle to find a good fight with another humanoid after reaching mid-high skill levels, or even just in general aside from the odd bandit camp. Even using Legends Viewer, there are relatively few extremely skilled warriors in the world. How can I find more worthy non-megabeast opponents?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More humanoid enemies?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 01:08:03 pm »

Generate a world with no pop cap on the civilized races and end gen around the 1-200s where there's usually no winner of the many wars yet

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 06:06:28 pm »

I love hunting megafauna and all, but I struggle to find a good fight with another humanoid after reaching mid-high skill levels, or even just in general aside from the odd bandit camp. Even using Legends Viewer, there are relatively few extremely skilled warriors in the world. How can I find more worthy non-megabeast opponents?

You can try night trolls.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 03:05:19 pm »

Lest the night trolls try you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 10:35:56 am »

Lest the night trolls try you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Begone night thot!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 09:34:57 am »

Night trolls are always a good bet for better humanoid enemies, though they get much weaker when you hit the higher levels. Intelligent undead humanoids are another good bet (both natural or player-made, though the latter will have no equipment at its creation) due to their boosted toughness and special abilities. If you don't mind investing a fair chunk of time and effort, you might try powerlevelling and gearing up a humanoid adventurer or three, retiring them, then seeking out and fighting them (bonus points for making them vampires, intelligent undead, necromancers, werebeasts, or some combination of the above).

Failing all else (and if you don't mind using it), DFHack's assign-skills script can be used to make whatever humanoid bandits or soldiers you find into stronger fighters.

I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.