Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Couldn't the find the boss of a fort?  (Read 3139 times)

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Couldn't the find the boss of a fort?
« on: February 08, 2022, 05:50:42 am »

I went on a quest to find a vampire in a fort as I want to become one.

Turns out like 50 goblins live in the fort, and they're all hanging out in the central hall. Like 20 of them attack me and I manage to kill them all. The rest are chill and I can talk to them despite me killing a lot of people.

Some say they're afraid of the boos that leads the place, I figure, "hey maybe he is the vampire." But he's nowhere to be seen. I concuct a plan to start an insurrection to flush the boss out.

I ask a bunch of goblins to be my adventurer pals, some to join me in an insurrection, some to be my heartsperson and get some to do each.

Then I shout to them all I am taking over the site, but nothing much happens.

I figure if I start killing people I can lower the amount of goblins and in the end find the boss. So I start fights and my adventurer buddies join in and kill their former fort-buddies.

It just ends up with everybody dead. The boss is nowhere to be seen,

IDK if he died or if he is somewhere else? Or is sitting in some weird room somewhere in the castle walls? My insurrection went nowhere and I also didn't find the vampire, it just became a bloodbath of meaningless slaughter.

I wonder how insurrections work? How do I do to quench the oppotision and take over? And how come the boss is nowhere to be seen?

rake2005

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Couldn't the find the boss of a fort?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 11:32:06 am »

Honestly, if you want to become a vampire, I'd recommend just desecrating a shrine or rolling some dice. Its much faster than tracing one down, but there is a risk of not getting what you want.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
Re: Couldn't the find the boss of a fort?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 12:43:52 pm »

Honestly, if you want to become a vampire, I'd recommend just desecrating a shrine or rolling some dice. Its much faster than tracing one down, but there is a risk of not getting what you want.
That's why you save beforehand! Just savescum until it works.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?